• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Final Fantasy

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
From the entire collection, what FF game was your favorite? And this goes for any game or variation. For example you could choose one of the standard RPGs or the TPS like Dirge of Cerberus. So go ahead, share your favorite installation!

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
FFX, I guess. Though International version gives me more things to do in that game than the US version...

inb4FF7posts

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Dissidia Duodecim is easily my favorite Final Fantasy title. The idea of putting a bunch of characters from different games or universes into a single game has been done time and again, but Dissidia handles this fantastically well. Not only does Dissidia manage to be the most varied Fighting game series that I've ever played, as well as being the most innovative 360 degree Fighting game I've played in years (and the fighting game that Dragon Ball Z should be- well, at least the Tenkaichi series), but it also manages to create a very tight and compelling narrative that pulls the player in regardless of whether they've played mainline Final Fantasy games or not.

Even more on this, it takes characters who previously had little, weak, or in some cases obnoxious personalities (either out of intention or otherwise), such as the Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, and Tidus, and making them into stronger characters, even if they don't have very much story presence or, in their respective original games, didn't have their own personalities because they weren't technically actual characters (this being the case with the Warrior of Light and the Onion Knight). The story's premise is simple, but it finds most of its attraction value in making it a character's game, largely about what they fight for and putting their dreams and motives (or lack thereof) headfirst, largely being the cause of most of the story's growth and development. It's really interesting, for a Final Fantasy game such as this to feature the amount of character development that it does, both on the level of forming relationships with other characters and in finding themselves. The game also does a great job of making the interactions between the surprisingly human antagonists and the protagonists both tension filled and contrarily casual, largely due to the nature of the premise.

I never had a PSP before, so it wasn't until early this year that I got to buy it on my Vita, and I definitely recommend it to any Final Fantasy fan or...pretty much anyone that has a PSP/PSV/PPSSPP.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Favorite Main Series Game:
Final Fantasy 6 without a doubt, it has the best story and it was something we had never seen before. Final Fantasy was no longer medieval but it was more Steampunk than the others. The OST is one of the best with great soundtracks. The story is great along with the split in the middle of the game which you could go either way (threeways (didn't mean it that way...)) and the characters they were excellent and simply amazing.

Favorite Spin-off Game:
Not counting Adventure because that turned into the Mana series. The four heroes of light and tactics would be my favorite because of the art for 4 heroes and the battles style of tactics.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
Years
I haven't played a lot of the main series titles (i.e., haven't played VI, VII, VIII, etc.)...so, all the one's that get higher ratings. But I'm certainly on a FF kick right now and will play all of them in succession. I'm currently playing XIV: A Realm Reborn, and it's great--probably one of my favourites, as it's so huge. I can't wait for the PS4 version to come out! Final Fantasy V and Tactics Advance would have to be my top two. Both had great stories, and I particularly enjoyed their more personalized experience. V one of my "childhood games," so there's a personal bias. But Tactics Advance had amazing gameplay and replayability.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Crisis Core, it gave me feels I didn't know a Final Fantasy game could give.

I still don't like Cloud though, it's all about my boi Zack.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Final Fantasy V is my favourite Final Fantasy. Everything about the game just gives off a silly feeling. The characters are very likable to me, since they can indulge in some very funny moments like Galuf and Bartz peeking on Faris sleeping. The story is very cliched and light-hearted most of the time (coughripgalufcough), which I'm sure that's what Square was aiming for but it just adds to the charm of the game. I absolutely love the Job system, since I adore the idea of changing a character's role in an RPG. So overall, FFV is my all time favourite.

However, FF6 is very close behind.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Final Fantasy 6, loved that game, the style, the music, the characters, the EVERYTHING! Next would probably be 5 or 7. 5 because of it's pretty good story and amazingg character customization options and 7 because... I dunno actually I just kind of liked 7...

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
It's a tie between Dissidia Duodecim and Final Fantasy IV.

I liked the story and the gameplay mechanics in Duodecim. My favorite Cosmos warriors are Cecil, Warrior of Light, and Kain, and my favorite Chaos warriors are Garland and Golbez.

FFIV has my favorite protagonist, Cecil Harvey, who my Pokemon X trainer is named after! He's such a kind person, and he truly works hard to atone for his past. Plus, he's CUTE!!! <3 /*shot for being a fangirl*

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
The new FFs are good now. So.. techy as always. But the graphics doesn't matter.
My favorite FF is still FF7 & FF8! ^^ I've played them in PS1 when I was like 13.
Despite the graphics, I like the story. Feels like the difficulty there is much harder.
The story is pretty amazing as always and you get puzzled how things turns out.
But I'm glad I love RPGs. That category is my favorite as well. lol

Years
My favorite's Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I've gotten further into A2 (I've almost beaten it, in fact), but Advance just seems to have more strategy and a better plot.

ElGuapoAssassin

Lord Of Dragons
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
I'd have to go with VII because it's the one that started it all for me. Such an amazing story and I have so many great memories tied into that game over the summer with my best friend staying up literally almost all weekend with no sleep playing it. I loved VIII and IX and X was great, anything after that really fell flat for me. X-2 was terrible, I couldn't even finish that.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm gonna have to go with 2, despite all its flaws. The level up system in that game is undeniably the most innovative system in the franchise, possible even in gaming. You want to use swords? Then use a sword! And so on so forth. Its the only game where your ability to do stuff is actually influenced by what you do and how much. I really would love a return of the battle system.

Back