• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
And to answer my own question,

What's the current wordcount on your active chaptered fics?
I'm currently on 33 386, but that includes a finished but unposted chapter, and about 600 words of a chapter after that.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
txteclipse: Latias x Latios fluff. (Yes, it's twincest. If that makes you uncomfortable, some cutesy scene between them.)

I don't mean to sound stand-offish, but what has caused everyone to think that there's only one Latias and one Latios? I mean, there were at least four Latios and two Latias shown in the movie. It's genuinely confusing to me.

Was it the games, where you could only catch one of each? But then the pokedex entries explain that they form small groups, so...?

Anyway, yeah, I would be a bit uncomfortable writing twincest. As I just showed, though, I could do a story about two Latis that aren't related. Would that be okay, or did you pick the Latis specifically because you wanted twincest to be present?

For everyone else, your prompt is: Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon.

I'll try to stick that in the Lati one-shot somewhere, when and if I write it. I drive a Toyota Station Wagon, so I know how wonderful that type of car is.

"Latios reclined on the hood of his Buick Roadmaster in human form, gazing at the crimson sunrise with half-lidded eyes that matched nature's colorful display."

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I don't mean to sound stand-offish, but what has caused everyone to think that there's only one Latias and one Latios? I mean, there were at least four Latios and two Latias shown in the movie. It's genuinely confusing to me.

Was it the games, where you could only catch one of each? But then the pokedex entries explain that they form small groups, so...?

Anyway, yeah, I would be a bit uncomfortable writing twincest. As I just showed, though, I could do a story about two Latis that aren't related. Would that be okay, or did you pick the Latis specifically because you wanted twincest to be present?
I had the same thoughts, since I don't consider them twins in any way (in the games, at least)... Polar opposites, maybe.

In any case, incest is one of my favorite themes. Plays a part in most of my work, and I've written a few essays on the subject. Maybe I can be tossed that prompt, or at least something anyone feels fitting?

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Errr... >.> What exactly is a crackfic?

Comedy that ignores the idea that you have to make sense. Or canon. Or basically anything else. So... yeah to Citrinin.

Mad Libs is a game meant for two players. A passage is already predetermined however, adjectives, nouns, verbs, adverbs, and the odd mis. have been purposely left out. Thus one friend will ask another to suggest a noun (as an example), then lulz should ensue when read back.

Oh, I knew this. I meant turning the FFL into a Mad Libs game.

Over 9000 for both of them. Seriously. (I'm just too lazy to compile all of MKD and AEM into two Word files and run a word count.)

It's not really that we (or I) think that there's only one Latios and Latias. It's the fact that the most well-known example of Latias and Latios were either canonically brother and sister or thought to be so. (I honestly can't remember which. Sorry. Whether or not they were twins, admittedly, is an entirely different question beyond that. I just like to think they were because it's neat to think of counterparts like that as twins.)

As I just showed, though, I could do a story about two Latis that aren't related. Would that be okay,

Sure. That'd probably be cuter, actually, than the twincest idea.

"Latios reclined on the hood of his Buick Roadmaster in human form, gazing at the crimson sunrise with half-lidded eyes that matched nature's colorful display."

I approve of this image. XD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Does anyone know where i can get the editor that edit proffesor bilch intro on sapphire ? ive been looking about for one that works for ages
...wrong place - this place is for discussion on fanfiction and other such insanities. =P - I'd check the FAQs or the such in the hacking sections: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156 Look around first - probably some advice on that around on stuff like that somewhere there, I suppose. If not, ask there (Or google as well, perhaps?)

Oh, and I am a ninja now. =P But Valentine has a more specific thread as well, so use that for asking, I recommend.

What's all this about giving people random prompts? XD Looks like fun to discuss and all. But I have just recently discovered something. I believe it is called free time, but I fear it is only temporary, so I'll probably use that for other things. Lord knows how long it's been since I've actually done a chapter of my fic. D= And there's that other idea. That's cracky. And partly induced by Astinus.

Even if Buicks are about. =P

What's the current word-count on your active chaptered fics?

Fanfiction.net says 99,927 for my fics - that's including a oneshot and short authors notes here and there as well. Nonetheless... I might pass the 100,000 word-count barrier for my main fic next chapter, or the one after. EDIT: For my main fic alone, it's 94,095 words...

....That's kinda inspiring, and scary at the same time... O_o

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Oh, I knew this. I meant turning the FFL into a Mad Libs game.

Oh ho ho... Hmmm... XD

I come to ____(verb) ______(person in the room), not to ______(verb) him;
The ____(adjective) that ___(noun) do lives after them,
The good is oft ______(adjective) with their _____(plural noun),
So let it ____(verb) with _____(person in room) ...

Lol that took longer than expected, so I won't finish the rest of it... Props to anyone who can figure out the original, without filling it in though, cause you're supposed to fill it in with anything, then reread the sentence.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hey, I just thought of something, if and when I get better at writing in Latin and old English (as per my courses, not that I expect this to happen soon), but perhaps I could even try writing in those respective languages for a fic XD (though perhaps I wouldn't be able to post them on the main board, as I believe English is the only accepted language). I think some of you can contend with ye olde English, no? XD

Mind you, reading through the book, and the oldest english is nearly impossible to read properly.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Hey, I just thought of something, if and when I get better at writing in Latin and old English (as per my courses, not that I expect this to happen soon), but perhaps I could even try writing in those respective languages for a fic XD (though perhaps I wouldn't be able to post them on the main board, as I believe English is the only accepted language). I think some of you can contend with ye olde English, no? XD

Mind you, reading through the book, and the oldest english is nearly impossible to read properly.

If you could write an entire fic in Latin, that would be so badass it wouldn't even be funny.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
If you could write an entire fic in Latin, that would be so badass it wouldn't even be funny.

Well I do plan to take all 4 courses of it, so if by the end, I can write out proper sentences and such, perhaps I might, though I'd think it would be for my own amusement, as only a couple people might actually know what is being said.

My tattoo is in Latin though.

So... this crackfic... hmmm

EDIT:

Okay I've come down to three potential OT crackfics:

1. Magic School Bus meets Pokemon
2. Hannibal meets Pokemon
3. Oregon Trail meets Pokemon

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm working on a SNL Celebrity Jeopardy meets Pokemon crackfic. Not sure if it'll be posted here, since the format almost requires it to be a script fic...

But hey, I poke fun at my own character, so it might be worth reading for that alone :P

307,816 (complete version)

Far, far less is posted on here, though that could change *wink wink*

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Feign said:
Okay I've come down to three potential OT crackfics:

1. Magic School Bus meets Pokemon
2. Hannibal meets Pokemon
3. Oregon Trail meets Pokemon

Ash Ketchum(-like character) hunting for buffalo. That's all I have to say.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™ said:
I'm working on a SNL Celebrity Jeopardy meets Pokemon crackfic. Not sure if it'll be posted here, since the format almost requires it to be a script fic...

Ah, Sean Connery jokes. In any case, hey, so long as it's a decently-written script fic, it's still kosher, right?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Ash Ketchum(-like character) hunting for buffalo. That's all I have to say.

That and his friends dying of typhoid, and other diseases prevalent in the game. Would it make sense that instead of using bullets, he uses pokeballs to catch Tauruses (sp) then they unknowingly get killed for eating...

Actually now that I think about it, why did Ash catch all those Taurus, in that banned episode? His mother must be stocking up on the beef jerky.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
If your character had gone to university, what would be their favourite course, and why?
Shrike, Rayne and Aira actually did go to a Pokemon Academy, which in the world of TFC is sort of a cross between high school and college that kids aspiring to be trainers have the option to attend after primary school. In the Academy, Shrike's favorite course was General Pokemon Studies, a class that offers hands-on learning with Pokemon and how to care for, train, and even battle with them. It should be noted that as Shrike left partway through the course, he didn't receive the full curriculum. Also, he hated his teacher, Professor Jura. His least favorite classes were the gen eds (general education), such as the required math classes. If he had gone to a normal secondary school instead, he probably wouldn't have liked anything except perhaps IT classes.

Aira and Rayne are then pretty much opposites, in that while Aira pretty much liked every aspect of school (especially the internship at the Petalburg Gym she took up) including gen eds, Rayne didn't like a single part of it. Aira considered it uplifting and enjoyed the change from her previous life on the streets, while Rayne considered it oppressive and restricting her time with her Absol, Matariel. (The academies don't allow Pokemon to be kept by the students, however in both Rayne's and Aira's case with Matariel (Absol) and Fury (Houndour) respectively exceptions were made due to the influence of, in Rayne's case, Professor Jura and the then heir to the Dewford Gym, Noah, for Aira)

As for Tashima in TRINITY? Well, he probably wouldn't mind it too much although he'd probably ignore all his classes and just hack into the school's computers and change his grades instead of actually earning them.

TRINITY - 45629 (including WIP of chapter 5)
TFCv2 - 32458 (up through chapter 5)

Bay said:
And Shrike, I' ve been trying to come up with a challenge for you, but nothing yet. D:
Make it something with blood. I like blood. It is good.

Valentine said:
Shrike: If I recall correctly, m'dear, you are a fellow sci-fi fan. So. Pokémon + spaceship = ?
TRINITY, namely the Waves sidestory, says hi. :D While there's not much spaceship action in the main story yet (that'll come in around part 2), Waves is completely focused on a soldier of the United States Navy (then called the United States Space Navy. I have since decided that sounds retarded though.) who is transferred to the USS Andromeda, a battlecarrier-class ship with more than a passing resemblance to a Battlestar, as a space superiority fighter pilot (in the Vesper T-83, whose name bears more than a passing resemblance to BSG's Vipers). The climax of the story is this big, giant, fun battle between the Andromeda and her Vespers against three rogue cruisers and their contingent of fighters, followed by the experimental CFS Avalon and her fighter drones.

As for Pokemon, they're present throughout the story as a hatred of the main character Zack, although at the end a Floatzel Vesper pilot does show up. It's not the most Pokemon-focused story ever, but when put in context with the story of TRINITY which is largely about a group of humans trying to cast Pokemon back down the social ladder (humans and Pokemon having become considered equal beings in TRINITY) set against the context of human-Pokemon prejudice and discrimination, it does make more sense. My current plan is to rewrite Waves and integrate it directly into TRINITY, as its events and the characters introduced in it will appear and play a role in TRINITY itself.

And no one bother asking me for a GitS crossover either because TRINITY is already basically one, just without the characters (although the new character Kyle in chapter 5 does resemble Ishikawa to a certain degree, and the new character Ava is also somewhat like Motoko. Zeta can be considered Batou too I guess). Technology-wise, a lot of stuff was inspired by GitS. You have the standardized interface ports which cybernetic individuals can jack into, a form of visual cyberspace diving (in GitS that seemed to be normal while in TRINITY the visuals are reserved solely for the Cybernet and some more advanced devices that will appear in the future), the cybernetics themselves including the ability to integrate weapons directly into one's body (most obvious with Zeta, who has a whole of three separate weapons plus many other things stashed away inside of him. Tashima also has an arm cannon, however it is currently broken), and a general style that I'm aiming for, especially once the story opens up wider and I can introduce the social dynamics and elements I've been shooting for (the above mentioned predjudices and discrimimnation).

Bay

Years
Oh, I know what you can do now, Shrike! Finish A Haunting at the Old Chateau and make it bloodier. :P

And LeSabre, I like that. Might do that challenge too. XD

Noting, Everything: Finished at 107,975
Twisted Rain (not posted yet, BUT I WILL DO THAT, I SWEAR D: ): 6,158

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Make it something with blood. I like blood. It is good.

Shrike: government testing of new weaponry for pokémon, by pokémon. In some kind of arena/battlefield type thing. Requirement: an Aggron with a rail gun.

Eon Chronicles; pages: 84; words: 47,720

And I don't have Mastermind all in one document, so I don't know about that one.

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
One thing that's interested me with the answers to that question is that some people aren't keeping their fic all in the same document. If you don't mind me asking, what's the appeal of doing that? Personally, I'd find it quite inconvenient. o.o

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
More psychotic legendaries, plz? Preferably of the cute variety?

8D

I don't know how I'm going to replicate the nuttiness of TGKsprit over here, but I'll certainly try. C:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
One thing that's interested me with the answers to that question is that some people aren't keeping their fic all in the same document. If you don't mind me asking, what's the appeal of doing that? Personally, I'd find it quite inconvenient. o.o

There's a few reasons why I do it:

1. Most of my chapters are quite large. Keeping them in one file means editing chapter seven, for example, would be a task. Never mind opening the thing to begin with, considering my computer tends to lag when I try to do things like open massive documents. Or, in shorter terms, it's easier to open and search.

2. I submit to Fanfiction.net, where each chapter needs to be kept separate due to the way its system works.

3. Keeping every file separate serves as a bookmarker. I have easy access to what material is ready to be posted or reposted, so I can just use the hot keys (namely, CTRL+A) instead of going to the middle of a document, hitting shift, and pressing the down arrow for awhile until I finally get to the end of what I want to repost or post. This helps particularly in that I usually have a good part of the next chapter written by the time I'm ready to post the one before it.

4. Gizamimi Pichu would murder me in my sleep if I sent her fifteen chapters in one Word document to beta every time I finish a chapter, and it wouldn't make too much sense for me to create one massive document and fifteen smaller ones when I can just have the fifteen smaller ones (that I need anyway for FFNet) in one folder and keep everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back