• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Without much of a care in the world, Marisa ran from Kerin's side to go play in... the trees. Though Kerin had to learn to not be so smothering of people (and Bern's necklace was very much helping with the whole 'guilt if someone got hurt thing' (and boy, did it feel weird)), he saw this as very much a bad idea. There, below Marisa, was a outrageously uncontrollable, angry demon boy who liked breaking things. Who knew when he'd change his next thing to break to a small girl? Well, if Marisa's vision was true, then she's be chained to this brute at the beginning of the games. So wouldn't getting on his good side (if he actually had one) be a better idea than pissing him off by doing... weird things? Kerin shook his head slowly but gasped and ran forward as Marisa's landing was not quite so smooth. In a tree.

"Marisa!" Kerin called out as she waved back at him and disappeared into the trees. Oh god. What was she going to do? Play a prank? Mess around? Annoy the piss out of Ryuu? Hopefully not. She should be alright for now, right? Ryuu probably couldn't catch her. She was small, probably fast. Well, Ryuu was kind of fast but his lack of wings made it hard for him to fly up in a tree effectively. He'd have to climb. Or break the damn tree. Kerin heard a voice behind him and spun around, only to see a human boy. A human? Kerin frowned a little at the absence of regret. Usually, when he saw a human, his memories flooded back and made him all angsty and what not. This time? Nothing. Kerin made a mental note he'd really have to thank Bern later.

"Hi, uh," Kerin stumbled for a second. What was his name? Oh god. Uh. Rain? Sky? Uh... It was something Japa-- oh! It was, "Raike." He had no idea how he remembered that. Usually, Kerin was very bad with names. His mind floated back to Marisa and he looked back at the trees, having no idea at all where she was. He could probably find her with his sense of smell and his non-human eyes but she was too far away for a good scent and she practically blended into the trees. He called out to her. "Marisa, where'd you go?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu lost track of the number of trees he brought down. His arms ached a bit, as he used his forearms mostly upon impact. But it was the good sort of pain. The pain you experienced when taking off very tight shoes, or sitting up the first time after getting a beating. It was nice. Ryuu always preferred a bit of pain in some parts of his body than none at all. It reminded him that he was there. It reminded him that he was alive.

Ryuu noticed a girl, the vampire Marisa around now. If there was anything he hated more than annoying people, it was annoying people that interrupted him. If there was anything he hated more than annoying people interrupting him, it was annoying people that interrupting him while exercising. The girl seemed to somehow fly into the sky, and then a moment later, was gone. Ryuu shook his head, eager, almost begging himself to go and look for the girl and break her like the trees, but he decided he wouldn't go to any unnecessary lengths to fight them just yet. Just yet.

But then he heard another vampire, the one that was always near the girl. He didn't remember his name, but he remembered his face. He called out to the girl. Ryuu turned to him, except he didn't see a vampire. He saw a log. A log that spoke and seemed to move and walk. It stood upright, this log, and had four branches, two at it's side, and two on the bottom for support, and a leaf on top. It was clear as day. Ryuu was hallucinating. No, he wasn't, he was only making his mind see what he wanted to see, and that was a vampire, Kerin, transform into a tree. If there was a God, and if he made signs, it was a simple one for Ryuu. Keep doing what you're doing. Hit the log. Its just another tree.

Ryuu positioned himself as he smiled eagerly at the "log", and charged forward. He screamed a sort of war cry as his did, a triumphant smile on his face before he even reached him.

What did you expect? He didn't get along well with others. They were trees to him.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3.5 - Natruo - God's District

"I respect you Natruo, but what you have just done is disgusting. Sure, this little vamp girl was running her mouth at you, but to throw her against the wall? Man, you are sick."

Oh the irony... Didn't anyone watch the Population Games? I clicked my tongue against the top of my mouth, as my eyes surveyed the angel. Stereotypical angel? Not quite. There was an air about him much different from, say, Amelia. Not quite as dark as Ryuu, but still dark enough for an angel. His hair, especially counted towards this. His eyes? No... They were probably the only bit of him that actually looked angelic and soft. But that was it. The rest looked... Kind of like... Punk-styled? Either way, he was probably the darkest-looking angel this year.

'Boy... Won't that be fun seeing Amelia and Akira in the same room together....'

The girl was still touching her stomach in shock, when the angel spoke to her; noting on her obvious act of stupidity. But then again... Akira had just previously been stupid in saying that he was 'sick' and what he had done was 'disgusting'. Ha. It's my job. Why couldn't anyone understand that? I was paid to abuse the other species. And even better, I took pleasure in doing so.

"Now, could we head to the training room please, Natruo-sama?"

What the heck was he trying to accomplish? One moment calling me sick, and the next implying respect and manners. Odd child... Heaving a loud sigh, I looked at the crumpled Scarlet, then the other participants which hadn't caused me so much trouble. "Look here, Akira. I really don't give a damn if something is disgusting in your eyes. Ever watched the Poppy Games before? I made limbs blow off at the press of a button. In any case. There are five of you. Meaning, one of your lives is expendable to before the games begin. I would all watch yourselves in training, because I will not stop my personal favorite from beating you to a peaches' pulp."

Ignoring Akira's guard, I circled around the angel back to the startled vampire. "Up you go," I easily lifted the girl to her feet. She didn't even speak. She was still touching her stomach in bewilderment. I led her with a hand on her shoulder, to the limo. "You. You're gonna go with her," I shoved my thumb in the other vampire's direction, and then back at the vehicle. He obeyed without question, and slid in beside Scarlet. I closed the door behind him, and went over to driver's side.

"Take them to the training arena for me," And the servant drove off. I took my attention to the last three.

"Have any of you ever teleported before~?" Obviously not.

Last edited:
Years
The first thing Xavier came in and saw, servants running around as if their heads were cut off trying to pick up some shards of glass, and Bern doing the exact opposite, calmly picking up her share. Why would Bern break...? His thought was cut off by her moving up to greet him. "Good morning, Xavier." Smooth and emotionless. Just like his. "Good morning, Bernkastel." Then came the explanation for the glass. "Ryuu decided to throw breakfast out the window. As per usual." Xavier's eyes trailed back over to the servants, nodding at her proposal for breakfast. He sat down at a spot in the middle of the table, and he silently watched as Bern did the same. Their eyes met for a few seconds, before Xavier's went back to mindlessly staring at the wall. A servant quickly came for his order, apologizing for the wait. "It's not a problem... I'll have pancakes please..." The servant seemed to be taken aback from the 'it's not a problem'. She even gasped as she heard the notion of 'please'. Jeez... It's not like he was worshipping her feet. He was just being polite. Xavier watched the girl run out of the room, flustered, and he went to thinking aimlessly about his predicament. The population games.

Now... What was the point of fighting in this rigged event? Earlier the previous day, on the helicopter ride, Bernkastel had said that they were all set to die. All of them. Because they were all supposedly 'rebels'. Xavier rolled his eyes mentally and physically. It was that idiotic that a) the government would think he was a rebel of all the people, and b) that all the other competitors seemed to have forgotten this. They're all going to fall to the Governent as if they were mindless ants... Well, ants weren't mindless, but you know what he meant. Easy to kill. Very easy at that. Well, unless they were Argentine Ants... Hm! A metaphorical lightbulb lit over his head. A rebellion in the districts would be like a Super colony of Argentine Ants! His mine recalled more detailed information on Argentine ants. 'Argentine ants have been extraordinarily successful, in part, because different nests of the introduced Argentine ants seldom attack or compete with each other, unlike most other species of ant. In their introduced range, their genetic makeup is so uniform that individuals from one nest can mingle in a neighboring nest without being attacked. Thus, in most of their introduced range they form supercolonies. Some ants have an extraordinary social organization, called unicoloniality, whereby individuals mix freely among physically separated nests. This type of social organization is not only a key attribute responsible for the ecological domination of these ants, but also an evolutionary paradox and a potential problem for kin selection theory because relatedness between nest mates is effectively zero.' (This is exactly what Xavier is thinking, to let you know.) With all of the species in the districts coming together, they could in turn become their own 'supercolony'! Just like Argentine ants! His mind dug even deeper. 'Due to their nesting behavior and presence of numerous queens in each colony, it is generally impractical to spray Argentine ants with pesticides or to use boiling water as with mound building ants. Spraying with pesticides has occasionally stimulated increased egg-laying by the queens, compounding the problem.' And like a rebellion, the efforts to put them down would only make them fight harder, they couldn't be poisoned, and the only way to fight them would be to mindlessly stomp individually. They had tons of strength, but most importantly, the districts had more than enough numbers. And that's when it all made sense. The POPULATION games. It all clicked. It all made sense. Xavier just dechiphered something very important out of an Argentine ant analogy. Wow.

And then, Xavier came back down to Earth as he saw his food laid out in front of him. Hot and steamy pancakes, smothered in maple syrup, and a little bit of butter. Xavier's stomach audibly growled, earning a giggle from the female servant from before. "Thank you..." He blushed a tiny bit from her giggle, and he quickly began to eat his pancakes. His chocolate brown eyes moved up to find Bern eating a peach, and staring back at him with a curious look in her emerald eyes. Well, it still looked blank to anyone else, but he could read her eyes. It was weird how it worked. For the first time, he spoke up first. "...Are we all required to train, Bern...? If not, I plan to go read in my room after I'm done eating..."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
When Raike didn't answer right away, Kerin went back to searching for Marisa. With his eyes and provided she moved around frequently, he would be able to find her. Unfortunately for him, she was as stealthy as she was tiny and his brief search came back fruitless. He worried about her, and he worried about what Ryuu was going to do with her when they were chained. He wouldn't kill her, because then he'd have to carry her around (the thought of Ryuu pulling around Marisa's dead body made him grit his teeth together) unless... he broke her hand off (and that thought made him even more angry). He'd keep her around until he found out a way to separate the two of them, but the way Marisa talked about it... how were they connected? Handcuffed, wasn't it? What would happen if the cuffs were weak and easily breakable or if Ryuu was disgusting enough to pull... to p-pull off Marisa's arm? Kerin wouldn't let that happen. Whatever happened to him, he'd find Marisa no matter what. Speaking of Ryuu, where did he go?

When he came back to the world around him, he had just enough time to realise that there was that angry, teenaged demon he was wondering about running at him with a manic grin on his face. Kerin blinked once in surprise then darted to his left out of the way, just missing the brute force of the demon and letting Ryuu run into whatever was behind Kerin. What the hell?! Kerin wasn't a tree! Though, he felt a little like a bullfighter thanks to the way that Ryuu had ran at him.

"What the hell?!" Kerin looked back at the demon, his own face tangled into one mixed of confusion and surprise. "What was that for?!"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3.5 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

"Good morning, Bernkastel." His tone matched mine right tothe period at the end; monotone, and as blank as a piece of paper. He remindedme so much of myself, actually. The voice and he didn't seem like too much of aspeaker. Though he came out as almost sullen, that wasn't the case. He waskind, but he kept to himself too much to show it. He always had a glint in hiseyes like he was in deep thought over something… Surely he was good at magic.Then again, we were also different. He grew up in a small house away fromeveryone; without knowing the comfort of either of his parents. He lived alone.Me? I was well off even before my participations in the Population Games. I hadbasically everything that everyone wanted. Even outside the Demon District. Everyvictor got a piece of land in the God's District. Treated like celebrities,they were. Grand mansions and servants to cater to your every need…

I found myself following him back to the table; watching the servants fix the glass door easily with the flick of their fingers. They may be 'just servants'to some, but they were powerful; powerful because they had to train in magic todo their tasks for that day. Have you ever seen a servant slow down time to fix a falling vase back into place? I have. It was really quite extraordinary. If even a handful of servants rebelled against the Gods alongside all the other districts, we would win. It was just that simple. Servants were common-base these days. Everyone in the God's Realm had at least one. Their population just might well exceed the number of humans left. After the whole bombings and changes, the population of that particular species had dropped like nothing before. A million maybe lived now out of a previous four billion. As for the other species, there hadn't been too many to begin with; especially in the sense of the vampires. Hunted down and killed thanks to human folklore about them all being evil, blood-sucking monsters. Demons weren't hunted because they simply frightened the humans. So they instead shunned them out from everyone and everything. Angels got plenty of privileges. They were given offers and prayers.Food and housing for hardly a dime. Quite unfair, in my eyes.

And the Population Games were going to be so extremely cruel this year. You would think a few teenagers dying in the games wouldn't do too much to thepopulation, but it did. Women were extremely hesitant to have children. Theworry of having your thirteen-year-old killed on live television exceeded theneed to hold a baby tight against their chest. Fewer children meant thatwhoever was left had a higher chance of participation. Fewer women to havechildren, and even then, anyone close to those certain teens would commitsuicide. The God's were doing almost too well of a job. But that wasn't all.

"I require that you train, so that counts… Sounds nice,though."

Finishing off my peach and cleaning off my hands, I looked at Xavier. Histranslation of my eyes now would be something along the lines of 'intense' and 'serious'.

"You need to convince the vampires that you're worth taking under their… Wings." Okay fine. Vampires don't have wings, but you get the point. "I already know you're worth so, but they don't. I have an alliance withthree of them already. What I need, is for them to ask you instead of me having to ask them. You need to participate in training today. Because tomorrow,nobody will get the chance."

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Mayb-" I was about to reply to Mammon about the matter of annoying Ryuu, when speak of the devil, the demon started charging at one of the vampires... Kerin I think, like he was some kind of log. I looked around, and saw that Ryuu had already knocked down a number of trees, and they did not look very good, seeing as their trunks were splintered and broken every kind of way. I almost felt sorry for them, but he obviously took no pity, on anyone or anything because to him, all that mattered was his ability to fight. He was a bloodthirsty warrior no doubt, but he lacked the ability to restrain himself, even challenging a god, which I imagined didn't go too well. Now, since he was out of trees and such to smash, he had begun charging at the two innocent vampires, apparently really believing that they were just plain logs.

It didn't matter really, who Ryuu was attacking, or why he was attacking him, he had just given me a reason to attack. Moving with swift precision, I positioned myself in front of Kerin and planted my feet firmly on the ground, readying myself for the charge of the bull. I imagined that it would feel as if 10 trains were plowing into me from the same direction at the same time... could be worse. My brain felt differently, and so instead of going with my irrational plan of taking that hit, I decided to aim a steel plated kick to his head and see what that did to that hard head, maybe knock some sense into it. At the speed he was going, it would probably feel like running into a steel wall.-

Years
Xavier continued his silent gaze towards Bernkastel, awaiting her response to his training requirement question. His blank lips amost turned into a frown the second she told him that he has to. And it was the fact that she was requiring him to train that sort of bothered him. Isn't it pretty obvious that Xavier doesn't want to train? He feels as if he doesn't need to anyhow, nor does he want to go see any of the other people. All he wished to do was keep to himself, let everyone do their thing (As long as it doesn't involve him), and think. It wasn't really much to ask for... She was the same way wasn't she? Bernkastel didn't seem to talk much to others, yet here she is, talking to him... He didn't get that either. The victor sitting before him was a confusing one indeed. His lips turned to form a tiny frown. Xavier didn't want to have more people to deal with than he already had. And... Erm, he didn't exactly want to be with Mr. Overprotective, and Ms. Girl-who-acts-as-if-she's-an-eight-year-old-when-she's-actually-at-least-thirteen. They were a little... Odd to say the least.

"....May I ask why you are putting effort into helping myself...? I don't know you, you don't owe me, and I haven't done anything for you...." Xavier's eyes matched her seriousness, and his fingers seemed to tap the table a little impatiently. "....?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3.5 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

"....May I ask why you are putting effort into helping myself...? I don't know you, you don't owe me, and I haven't done anything for you...."

"... Is it odd? Preferably, I would like my allies to stay alive for quite some time... You may not know about me, but I know about you. As for that last bit... Mm." It took energy for me to come up with such an answer on the spot. I mean... How could you possibly explain why you'd want to keep your ally alive? So they could help you, of course. However, Xavier may probably not mind if I died. That's where it was... Lop-sided.

"I have an alliance with them, as I already stated... I would hate to have to protect an ally from an ally. That would prove to be difficult..." Exactly as much. I didn't need the vampires stumbling upon Xavier and slaughtering him because they didn't have an alliance. Even if they didn't exactly do that, it would be nice to have a ring of allies for better performance.

"Trust me. I've been in these games twice already... My entire purpose for participation like the last years has been lost. Thus, I owe protection to yourself and any others whom could... Somehow survive the tradegy." Too bad I was obligated to talk more to Xavier than anyone else. With a single hand, I reached underneath the table, and pulled something out for Xavier to see. An alchemy necklace made of beautiful red and blue stones.

"Here," I pass it over to him carefully. "For you," I then take my leave; thanking my servers and cleaning up whatever mess I had made of my dining area. Tucking my chair in, I breathed out one last thing to Xavier.

"I'm sorry you never got to know your parents. I'm sure they were wonderful people..." And I left; entering the elevator. Now to see what kind of mess Ryuu had caused already...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu seemed to get an even bigger grin on his face as he realized the oncoming demon was noticed by the vampire. Ryuu always...'cherished', for lack of a better word, the expression on the faces of his victims when they realized he was about to come crashing into them, or he was about to stomp them, or (insert horribly brutal action here). In the vampire's case, his face exhibited the shock associated with what appeared to be a random act of violence. The vampire jumped out of the way, just in time. He was fast. But in his stead was the human from the plain who appeared, Raike. Ryuu kept grinning, admiring the human's sheer guts as he stood his ground and lifted his foot, prepared to take the hit, and return it too.

Ryuu was about to feel pain, but the amount the hit would do to Raike because of the momentum would be substantially more. Ryuu liked the pay-off. Some pain, in equivalence to a lot more to the opponent. And it was a human. The day just kept getting better and better. In a sudden crash of momentum and force, Ryuu plummeted into the human Raike, taking the hit of the leg to the face, a crushing blow. He overcame his leg, and his body continued going into Raike as he was sent flying from the momentum of it. Ryuu eventually halted and came to a stop as he fell from the force of the kicked. His face hurt and throbbed, most likely to be bruised as he got up slowly. He was in a lot of pain. He could only imagine what he did to Raike.

At this point, Kerin was mouthing something off to Ryuu, probably something along the lines of 'why' or something like that, but Ryuu was far too 'gone' to be paying attention. He stood up now fully and looked at the direction where he expected Raike to be. The hit from both of them colliding has caused the nearby trees to break apart like twigs. Those further away were bent or cracked. Ryuu shouted loudly, now pumped up.

"Come on, human! I'd be disappointed if you were down because of just THAT! Get back here and fight!" He said, screaming across the sea of trees. He acknowledged the vampire closeby him now. He looked over him briefly too, screaming at him.

"I'll do what I want, when I want to, vampire! You have a problem with that? Then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!" He yelled at him, still waiting for Raike to fight him now, while also trying to provoke Kerin into a fight as well.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
"Look here, Akira. I really don't give a damn if something is disgusting in your eyes. Ever watched the Poppy Games before? I made limbs blow off at the press of a button. In any case. There are five of you. Meaning, one of your lives is expendable to before the games begin. I would all watch yourselves in training, because I will not stop my personal favorite from beating you to a peaches' pulp." It seemed to Akira that Natruo was blackmailing him, threatening him more like it, so Akira took the time to start keeping his mouth closed; mentally noting to be especially careful around this particular God.

Akira hadn't been a big fan of the Population Games, but he had seen enough of them to know what they were about. Each time the contestants were chosen, Akira was always somewhere in the crowd, dragged there by at least one of his parents. The last time the contestants had been chosen, Akira had managed to escape the public humiliation of being chosen, only to be later disrupted at home when they came for him while his parents were out. Sure he had watched a couple of episodes with his parents, but he preferred to do something more constructive than watch teenagers kill each other. To him, it was a sadistic way of population control; one they could get away with. Despite being an Angel, Akira hated, no, greatly disliked everything about the world; the Gods, the Demons and Vampires, even the disgusting Humans and even much of his own race. The world to him was one rotting cesspit. Akira was only really participating in the Population Games in a bid to feel better about his past; somehow competing in the Population Games seemed like his only solace.

Akira snapped back to reality; retracting his wings and swivelling around to find where Natruo had moved to. Once the limousine moved from its place, Akira saw the God looking back at Akira and the two other participants behind him. Putting two and two together, Akira realised that the little vamp girl and her vamp brother had gone to the training centre in the car, leaving himself, two others and a God alone.

"Have any of you ever teleported before~?" Natruo asked the three contestants, and keeping with the idea of keeping his mouth shut around the God, simply shook his head in a gesture of 'no'.

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-It hurt, like a mother******, my body felt skinned in a hundred places, but of course I was exaggerating. There were no broken bones through, miraculously considering I had just taken a direct charge from a human Rhino and lived. The trees had split apart when we both collided but I was pretty sure I was the one who took the most damage from the contact. The training grounds were fine, except for the fallen trees, and the hole in the wall that I had smashed into. It was monstrous, the amount of power that this guy possessed but there was one thing that stood from all the pain and other emotions... I was pissed.

I took hold of the side of the wall closest to me with a grip that caused cracks to form along that side, and slowly lifted myself out of the hole. My own quiet rage was concealed behind a deadly straight face and sub zero glare, and I stood up silently, staring at Ryuu. Suddenly, I broke out in a charge, but something was different, my body felt lighter and I felt way faster, I suspected the contract had something to do with it. I didn't care really, like I said, I was pissed. I charged, and quickly arrived in front of Ryuu, bending sideways and putting down a hand to balance myself I aimed a strong kick towards Ryuu's jaw.-
"Know your place!"

-Ever since I had entered the helicopter with this guy, he had come off as an self centered, arrogant person who really had no regard for the feelings or pain of others.... kinda like me, but at least I didn't blow up at people and charge them whenever they said something I didn't like, and them pound them into the floor until they became part of it. Besides all the first impressions and things, I just flat out didn't like him, and the way he dealt with certain things he was really like a rhino when he got mad. But then again, maybe I was the dumb one for trying to fight with Ryuu, since it was not really the place for me, a human to attempt going head to head with a demon...-

Last edited:
Years
"... Is it odd?" Yes, it is. If it wasn't then why would Xavier be asking? "Preferably, I would like my allies to stay alive for quite some time... You may not know about me, but I know about you." Okay, the first part made some sense, but that last part didn't make a shred of sense. How would she know about him? When would she be finding information on him? What would she be doing to get the information she wanted/needed? But, here comes the one question a scientist must always ponder. Why would she know about him? Of course, to keep him alive... But that didn't seem to be the only reason. It was probably the vibes he got from her. Xavier couldn't exactly describe those... Just the fact that they are foreign. Very foreign. He waited for Bern to finish what she was saying.

"I have an alliance with them, as I already stated..." Okay, that makes sense. You wouldn't want your allies attacking your other ally, right? It was easy enough to understand, he wan't an idiot. Far from it actually. "I would hate to have to protect an ally from an ally. That would prove to be difficult..." See? Although, he wished he would've been notified before she accepted to become... aliies with the Vampires. Xavier would've argued against it due to personality clashing, but oh well. Just don't blame him if something goes awry. He didn't know what he would do if he had to go through another guarddog scene with Kerin and Marisa. Xavier could literally feel a tinge of headache snake across his head at the thought of going through that again. He shuddered inwardly.

"Trust me. I've been in these games twice already..." Touche, Bernkastel. But there are different ways to play the game. It's just in this one there is no winning. The only way to win is to run. Which is impossible. Fate just wasn't on their side. My entire purpose for participation like the last years has been lost. Thus, I owe protection to yourself and any others whom could... Somehow survive the tradegy." Xavier kept his blank look on her, and he didn't give too much thought on what her reason to be in participation of the games was. He merely thought about it for a few seconds, before dismissing it from his mind completely. It didn't matter. And the same for the second one, they were all going to die. Nobody was working together, nobody seems to remember this fact, and everyone's a puppet. Except... him and Bern it seems. Xavier would more think of themselves as... rats. They weren't puppets, which bend to your every whim and will. They could move around, think for themselves, but because of the situation they're in now, apparently very easy to kill. Not saying, Xavier wants to be a rat, but it's better than being a puppet. He'd rather be something more... majestic. Like a tiger.

Xavier's rambling thoughts were interupted by a necklace being presented to his face. "Here. For you." Xavier moved his face a little bit back to get a clearer look at the necklace. A red and blue necklace, Using stones. Quietly, he took it in his hands to examine the work. Appealing, yes, but to be honest, he didn't really wanna wear it. Well, at the moment. He was going to be training, and rule #1 in combat, is don't have something an enemy can easily grasp. So, Xavier had the servant from before bring it up to his room, and he quietly moved into the elevator next to Bernkastel. He completely ignored her parent comment. Irrelevant. And potentially hurtful. You don't just say 'sorry you never met your parents'. He knew that. There's no point. He had nothing to grieve, so no need. She's lucky he isn't the kind to get offended easily. "Thank you for the necklace... I'll stay for up to an hour for training, and if the Vampires don't accept, then they don't accept. Honestly, I don't want to be in an alliance with them, so I'm not gonna make an effort. They either accept me or they don't..." He scratched his nose quietly, standing there nonchalantly as the elevator doors closed.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"I'll do what I want, when I want to, vampire! You have a problem with that? Then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

"I'm not gonna get myself killed trying to make you happy!" Kerin yelled back at Ryuu, his fists clenched in his palms. "I'm not... that." He added under his breath. Why was Ryuu even doing this? To let off some steam? To get over some kind of daddy or sibling issues? Or was he just a retarded psychopath? It seemed most of the people here were like that, ranging from a bloodythirsty Shiro (who could turn mellow at the prick of a needle) to the crazy that was the game master, Natruo. Did anybody have a level head here? Even Bernkastel seemed a little out of her mind.

Kerin watched with gritted teeth as Raike got up from his hole in the tree. Though he felt some concern for the kid (he was only human afterall. A human, taking on a demon! Only emphasising what Kerin was thinking earlier), he had brought the fight on himself. Kerin had not asked him to step in front and take a blow, even thought Kerin had managed to dodge it without even making any contact with the demon. What an idiot kid. Ugh! And even going back in for seconds. If it wasn't stupidity, this kid had balls.

"Why don't you save the fights for the game?" Kerin yelled at the two. He wasn't going to rush in and intervene, not like he usually did. This was not a bully and a harmless kid. This was an amateur bullfighter playing chicken with a rhinoceros.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
"I'm not gonna get myself killed trying to make you happy!" He heard Kerin yell at him.

"Pah.." was the only response Ryuu issued back at him. He was a coward in Ryuu's eyes, but one way or another, he would get him to fight, he knew that. Ryuu turned back to look at the now charging Raike. Ryuu was thinking of the absurdity of a human charging at him. He was rather excited because of it. Holding his ground, he let the human do his worst, and so the human did, a kic directly to the face, which Ryuu took head on. It was actually a bit surprising. He never knew the humans could pack such a punch, but Raike was actually doing damage. Ryuu loosened his jaw a little from the impact as he heard Raike shout.

"Know your place!" At it was that line that got to him. He reached and grabbed for the leg of Raike, and held on tightly. He looked the human in the eyes as he spoke, words seeming to be filled with hatred, as sharp as daggers.

"I know my place, human. It's right on top, over your broken corpses. It you humans, and the rest of you who don't seem to know your place. Where you belong..." He said, starting to attempt to toss Raike with all of his might. "...IS BELOW MY FEET!" He said, as he tossed Raike towards a particular tree. Ryuu didn't wait around this time to see if the toss damaged Raike. Instead, he looked up at the particular tree to see Marisa there as well. He remembered suddenly that the vampire Kerin seemed to be attached to her. THAT was the best way of provocation.

He turned to look at Kerin now for a second, and pointed to the tree, where Marisa sat. Without another word, he pushed off of the ground, behind him leaving a dent in the ground where he once stood, and charged at the tree, where Raike was tossed and where Marisa sat, hoping in this attack to get both of them at once, and to possibly provoke Kerin into action as well. A maniacal smile was on his face as he screamed and charged, the full force of the Rhino coming at Raike and Marisa.

Right now, humans and vampires were going to know their place, Ryuu would make sure of it.

(OOC Hope I didn't seem to bunny Raike, I left room for if the toss injured you or not...lemme know if it's alright)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Physically holding himself back as Ryuu and Raike collided once more, Kerin felt that familiar, hot anger in his face bubbling closely to the surface. But no, he must not intervene like this. To get involved would mean putting himself on the line. He couldn't just throw his life away for a simple fight, there was too much to live for now! He had Marisa to protect, this new alliance with Bernkastel to uphold, he had a dream to live out if he managed to win. A far fetched one at that, but who knows? It could happen. Maybe Bern could help him.

His eyes widened as they fell on a familiar face. Marisa! What was Ry-- oh god no. No, he wouldn't dare try. But he did, dashing off from where he stood to where Marisa could be seen. And there, he was gone. The Kerin who thought things over was gone, replaced with Kerin who fought for not many reasons. With no strategy in mind, he ran after him as fast as he could. He managed to catch up to Ryuu, his legs being powered on his anger alone. Grabbing the demon's collar, he swung him around and threw him in the other direction, away from Raike and Marisa.

"This is not how you do things!" he almost screamed after Ryuu, his fists clenched tight, on the verge of making his palms bleed. "This is not how you fight! Marisa didn't do anything! Fight me instead, you ass hole!"

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
((Lol no its cool, im glad you're keeping to Ryuu's personality! I would be disappointed if he took that kick quietly, besides, I got to use that line, so im satisfied.))

"I know my place, human. It's right on top, over your broken corpses. It you humans, and the rest of you who don't seem to know your place. Where you belong..." Said Ryuu as he took hold of my leg that had seconds ago clipped his jaw, and was now preparing to throw me. "...IS BELOW MY FEET!" He exclaimed, tossing me in another direction with great force. This had the opposite affect that Ryuu might have planned, because now he had just thrown me like a doll, like I was nothing, and then he insulted my entire race. No freaking way would I let that slide.

Pulling out of the tumble of the throw, I righted myself just as I reached the wall, and landed against it in a controlled crouched position making some slight cracks, and then dropped to the ground. My eyes still burned with the same quiet rage I was feeling as I looked and saw Ryuu heading toward one of the trees, which seemed to be holding someone.... it was that little girl! Now I was faster than usual, but I wouldn't be able to get over there in time, I knew that much. Just as I was about to move though, I saw the vampire boy- Kerin, grab Ryuu roughly by the collar and throw him in the opposite direction of the girl, and me. Damn. The kid had an arm, because Ryuu went flying into the air! I found my hand reaching up to touch my arm where the tatto...Mammon resided, and then jumped, hoping that what I was thinking would happen, would happen. And it did.

I got some real altitude, catching up to Ryuu after a few seconds and grinning a cold deathly malicious grin at him, silently thanking Kerin for giving me an opening. Without making a smart remark, I quickly launched into a punching combo which concentrated mostly on Ryuu's arms and chest, before kicking with my own two boots right down onto his face, both of us now heading toward the ground once more. My voice harbored as much emotion as my cold steel boot, which was actually heating up now, on account of my fire magic, and soon reaching the heat level of a hot stove on its highest setting, and still climbing.

((Aahhh I left room for Ryuu to like, throw him off or reverse it or something, if it needs changes please tell))

"Who's beneath who's feet now, Rhino?!"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu launched himself at the tree, prepared to go full force, when he was suddenly intercepted by Kerin. It was strange. Ryuu was tossed back by the vampire Kerin. He was actually quite strong. Ryuu was surprised, and a bit impressed. A bit. He heard Kerin shout back at him as he was in the air.

"This is not how you do things! This is not how you fight! Marisa didn't do anything! Fight me instead, you ass hole!"

Ryuu couldn't help but smile as he was in the air. He had gotten him mad. Good. Now things might get a bit interesting. Suddenly, he was intercepted by a smiling Raike. Ryuu was quite baffled. How did he manage to get so high? Perhaps there was more to the human than he thought. He placed his hands in the way of the oncoming punches, but the bulk of them still managed to get through in the high altitude. Then he kicked down with his boots on Ryuu's face. Ryuu could feel a burning sensation as the two of them had collided in the air, Ryuu's face now burning, and getting hotter.

"Who's beneath who's feet now, Rhino?!" He heard the human shout. Before the boots made any permanent marks, he began to grapple and fight back as the two tumbled closer and closer to the ground. Ryuu didn't think he would be able to make it out on top. But if he didn't make it, he sure as hell didn't intend the human to. He grabbed hold of his boots, and brought the human at the same position he was in. Then, he bear hugged him. Staring into his eyes with malice and hatred, Ryuu smiled maliciously at Raike as both of them were about to pummel face first into the ground below. Ryuu the Rhino the demon who was built for pain could survive an impact like this. The question is, could a human? That was what Ryuu was about to find out as he held on to Raike even through the pain of heat seeming to emanate from the him.

A few seconds later, there was a large crash, and the two of them crashed into the ground, an enormous crater formed from the impact. Dirt fluttered everywhere, as well as debris from trees. And then, after a few minutes of chaos, everything was quiet. A few seconds later, Ryuu grabbed for a handful of dirt as he pulled himself up from the large crater now formed. He saw no immediate sign of Raike. He huffed a bit as he panted and made his way to a standing position, breathing hard as he looked around the area. What he did next could chill many to the bones. He let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Then, he looked at Kerin. Assuming a stance of battle, he accepted his proposition to fight. He had a pretty good idea that Raike wasn't done for completely yet either, which means this might turn out to be a three-way fight, unless of course, the human was out, or dead. Ryuu didn't move at first. It was a rare thing, but Kerin had piqued his interest. He decided, for once, not to charge in and make the first move. Not just yet, anyways. He waited to see what was going to happen, between the missing Raike, and the position, and now ready Kerin.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin felt a wind rush by him as Raike ran ahead and had his shot at Ryuu, laying into him as much as he could. Kerin watched, making sure the tree Marisa was in was behind him and safe, whilst Ryuu was in front and in his sights. He despised this kind of attitude, this way of thinking by people. The way the strong preyed on the innocent. The way the tall made the small make sure they knew how small the world saw them to be. Kerin himself had never been the victim of this kind of bullying, but his siblings were. Many a time, Frederick had come home, missing money or a textbook or another pair of glasses. Kerin had always sort with bullies the same way; a good beating. It usually worked, but it never stopped them.

Ryuu, now emerged from whatever Raike had done to him, stepped forward and beckoned Kerin forward. He didn't run at the demon, nor did he take on some kind of karate stance and do some weird ass move. Raike had given him enough time to calm down a little, to focus on the main thing at hand here; how much of an ass Ryuu was and how much that Marisa meant to Kerin. He stepped forward, keeping enough distance between him and Marisa that he could keep Ryuu from getting to her and shouted at him.

"Why do you insist on pissing people off? Are you trying to make enemies out of everyone?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3.5 - Mammon - Underworld

My eyes fixated on the charging rhino the moment Raike's words cut off. Damn. He was going to say 'maybe'. That wasn't a 'yes', so I couldn't do anything; which really, really sucked. I couldn't help but smirk inwardly at the sight of Ryuu. I was itching for payback. It had been humiliating to fake defeat; to fake cries of pain. It angered me to the brink of exploding that even one person thought I was dead. Ha! Death… Demons never had such a thing in the Underworld! How pathetic were these beings that only lived for so long? All of them had their worth split across their species. Us? Only of few existed, thus just one of us had more worth in the world than a million humans. Those 'Gods' were little more than toddlers cosplaying as Superman.

An involuntary hiss escaped my throat when Raike stepped forward to take on the Earth demon in Kerin's steed. 'He's such an idiot!' My mind roared. He wasn't immortal, so why pick a fight with a two-hundred pound moron? He wasn't asking for my help either and I couldn't just pop up and help him. He had to call upon me personally for my body to take shape.

I really lost it when he was hurtled across the room by the rhino's body. 'You're going to die!' I snapped. At the last second, I blasted forth a cloud of red smoke behind his back; cushioning his body from harm. However, that wall just crumbled. Nearly toppled over, it did. I was a loud to take on the defensive for him. That was a part of the contract. If his life was in danger, I was obligated to do everything in my power to prevent his destruction. He had a few cuts and bruises here and there, but nothing I couldn't deal with later. Before I could lecture him about life, he was up again; this time calling forth a fraction of my power to lift him straight into the air to attack the now airborne demon. There was a bit of a harsh struggle, but in the end (and inevitably) it was Raike who was bound to the most amount of damage.

Boom. That's really the only sound the impact made. Everything else just crumbled over uselessly. The dust clouds provided cover. Immediately, I went to work. His body was still unharmed by breakage, but I didn't want to have to cushion his mistakes again. This time, I had the smoke drag him into the ground like he was a ghost. From right underneath Ryuu, I began lecturing him from the tattoo on his chest. "You're an IDIOT, Raike! If you're gonna attack him, burn him! Or if you want to be secretive, hit him over the head and knock him unconscious! Idiot! You've basically DIED twice! Idiot idiot idiot! How about you have ME fight him?! I don't want you to get hurt---- Too much! It hurts ME you know!"

Back