• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August Reviewing Challenge!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
August Reviewing Challenge

So, FF&W has been in a reviewing slump for far too long. I think the best way to fix that is by having a nice, little competition! Although, this competition doesn't have one winner. The only enemy you'll be facing is time and procrastination. Meaning, anyone can win, and get the prize (which is probably why you're here in the first place, let's be honest)!

How does it work?
Interested in taking part? All you have to do is sign up in this thread using the form posted below. Once you have the form filled out, start! Once you have a review, just edit a link leading to the review in your sign up post, and that's pretty much it. Once you have 20 reviews all lined up and ready for inspection, post again saying you have finished. Once I have checked your reviews and made sure that they are legitimate, you win! It's really simple, but let's go over some guidelines.

Guidelines:
Your reviews need to be constructive. Don't just post "like ur story! it was good!" Point out specifics about the story you're reviewing, mentioning what you liked or didn't like. If your review can be posted to every story in this forum and make sense, it won't count for this challenge.

You can review the same story as someone else. It's nice to see different views on the same story, after all!

It is possible to review the same story more than once, but only if the story has received a significant update since the last review, such as a new chapter, or a complete rewrite.

Use your post in this thread to keep track of your reviews. Just link to them so we can double-check everything.

Authors, if you would like a particular reviewer to read your story, check out their profile to find out how to contact them and ask them nicely. Only ask once. If I find out that you're constantly sending messages over and over again, disciplinary actions will be taken.

The challenge ends at the end of the month. Once it turn September 1st in whatever timezone you live in, the competition is over.

The goal here is twenty reviews. That's roughly two every three days. It may seem that you have some wiggle room, but don't procrastinate, or else the dead line will close in fast!

Prizes!

What do you get?
Aside from the satisfaction of bringing activity to FF&W and reviews to the authors here, you also get this emblem:

ReviewersEmblem.jpg

In addition to the emblem, you'll also receive a full review of a piece of work of your choosing from one of our panel reviewers, for up to three chapters. We are people after all, and reviewing every chapter of a 20+ chapter fic will take a long time. If you would like to be on this panel, please contact me with a link to three reviews you have done in the past. Seeing how this is a reward, I'm going to be very picky about who joins, so make sure to put your best foot forward! Our panel includes:
Slayr231
bobandbill
Astinus

The Form
Name:
Best Way to Contact:
Review Style:
Reviews:

If you have any questions, simply ask them in this thread! I wish you all good luck, and happy reviewing!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Name: Adventure
Best Way to Contact: VM or PM here, really.
Review Style: Cheerful? I'm never "brutally honest", rather I try to be constructive and enthusiastic. I generally think I focus on characterization and how an atmosphere is built up than stuff like grammar or spelling or even wording. Believable characters are key for a good story.

Reviews:
- The Raider Chronicles. (by Boss Salamence) Chapter 1
- Back in the Day (by icomeanon6)
- Here comes team Rainbow! (by Hilbert) just basic stuff

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Authors, if you would like a particular reviewer to read your story, check out their profile to find out how to contact them and ask them nicely. Only ask once. If I find out that you're constantly sending messages over and over again, disciplinary actions will be taken.
Oh, you mean that fic authors here can request for someone who signed up for this event, like me, to review their story?

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Name: ShivaDF

Best Way to Contact: VM—I prefer it to PM.

Review Style: Pretty critical, but fair (I hope! 0_0). I care deeply about literary writing.

Reviews: Dreams of a Peasant by O'aka XXIII (first chapter)
An Evolution of Pokemon by DJTiKi (basics)
The Truth About Fictional Worlds by Goombario64
Dreams of a Peasant (second chapter)
Pokemon: the New Challenge by Codename Peace
Pokemon: the New Challenge (new chapters)
The Other King by bewbs
Pokemon Veritas by JoelMD
Flying High by Oberammergau
It's a Jungle Out There by Mochi
Some poetry by Paskalso
It's a Jungle Out There(new chapter)
Lost by Slayr231
SI Poetry by Oberammergau
Destruction Has Begun by Logical Cabbage
It's a Jungle Out There (I can't stop reviewing this!)
The King's Ships by SeekerOfDarkness
Pokemon Dual Dimensions by Legendary_Trainer_Alexandre
The Reaper's Identity by Rengar
The Deepest Kind of Blue by yugoslavia

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I think I'll give this a try.

Name: Bruce Banner
Best Way to Contact: VM or PM please. You can also add me on Skype if you'd like: nhdog103.
Review Style: I'll say justified. I wasn't really sure how ot judge my style, but I review a fic based on what I think of it. When reviewing I judge the story, the depth and more technical mechanics such as spelling, grammar and even parallelism.
Reviews: None yet!

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
I've amassed twenty reviews! Muahahaha! Now I can rule the world Have I won the contest? I'm really excited about this! And with two days to spare....

Back