• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Swoobat vs Beheeyem (NU Matchup #8)

Sawk used Close Combat, which psychic Pokemon do you now trust the most??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
This one's pretty close for me. For design, I would say Swoobat over Beheeyem, but battling is a lot different. Swoobat has pretty good speed and a great ability Simple, and it can be pretty devastating if it can get off a Calm Mind, and possibly something like Substitute. However it's defenses are pretty frail and it has more weaknesses than a regular Psychic like Beheeyem. Swoobat's speed gives it a boost though, maybe letting it get the final hit before the opponent, and after a boost with its simple ability, it's hard to stop. Overall, Swoobat is good, but to be used well in battling, it needs to be sent in at the right time, otherwise it can be a complete waste of a Pokemon.
And now onto Beheeyem. Beheeyem is a little more well rounded when compared to Swoobat (aside from the huge speed difference) and it has a good moveset as well. With access to moves such as Thunderbolt and Signal Beam, in addition to a great 125 Special Attack stat, Beheeyem is pretty strong. In addition, it can further increase its special attack with a nasty plot, but it should be noted that a Simple Swoobat calm mind is better. Both of these Pokemon to me are decent overall, but in the end I would choose Beheeyem over Swoobat, despite design.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
Beheeyem has some nice stats. I used in my team and it surprised me positively.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
My vote is pretty much based on design.
I love the color-scheme of Swoobat, and the one I had in my team worked as my psychic pokemon for a good long while :)

I don't even think I ever even caught a Beheeyem...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My vote is pretty much based on design.
I love the color-scheme of Swoobat, and the one I had in my team worked as my psychic pokemon for a good long while :)

I don't even think I ever even caught a Beheeyem...
Elgyem can only be caught in Celestial Tower. Beeheyem evolves from that.

In B/W, there is a finding of Beheeyem in the area of Route 14 post-E4; this does not recur in B2/W2. I haven't searched for it as I just evolved Elgyem.

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I went with Swoobat because while it doesn't hit as hard as Beheeyem, it's faster. But I did like how GameFreak referenced "the meaning of life" in Elgyem's evolutionary level.

Animeluver143

Shiny Garchomp...
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
I would say Swoobat because not only it has two types,therefore more super effective moves,it also can learn those really annoying moves like Attract,Air Slash(Air Slash makes you flinch 30% of the time and it makes me rage all the time cuz i get flinched EVERY TIME!),and Endeavor (not that annoying but it is if Swoobat survives w/ low HP)

Back