• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Whisky Brown (PG-13)

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Whisky Brown (PG-13) (BETA 1 Released!)

Intro

Set in a completely new region, Whisky Brown follows the story of an insanely poor family. After recently being forced to stay in a cave for shelter, the father decides that enough is enough and sets out to win the Pokemon League to earn enough money for a home. However, he is quickly forced to give up, as he's far to old and weak to travel the country collecting gym badges. In a last ditch effort to save the family, he spends the last of his money on a couple Pokedexes, and gives them to his sons, along with two of the few Pokemon they caught. All he can do now is pray that at least one of them makes it big.

Screens

Spoiler:

Added Pokemon (Fake/Later gens)

Spoiler:

Here's a list of all the Pokemon that will be available when I release the next patch:
Spoiler:

Incase the legend is unreadable, here it is:
Green = Findable on routes
Yellow = Available through evolution
Brown = Obtainable through in-game trade
Blue = Starter Pokemon
Red = Pokemon I'm unable to remember if I included

Features

1. Awesome classic rock soundtrack
  2. Many altered movesets, changed abilities and stat re-adjustments to make weaker Pokemon more useful
  3. New moves and the addition of certain later-gen moves
  4. Lots of humor
  5. Completely new region
  6. Raised difficulty
  7. New ways to evolve trade-only Pokemon
  8. Avalibility of every Pokemon from the first 3 gens, event Pokemon included.
  9. No breeding required for baby Pokemon, they can be found wild
  10. New overworld sprites

Credits:
The PokeMMO Character creator, which was used as a template for my overworld sprite
Hackmew for making like 90% of the tools I used

I haven't got all of these features implemented yet, but I promise you that they will be in there by the time this is done.

Patch (Version 0.1):
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=207FAE4C209DE5F6

That link also includes a couple of the MIDIs that will be included in later updates if anybody wants to hear them, since I can't figure out Sappy. Enjoy :)

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
What? no comments? this hack is such an original one! It's not everyday that I see people posting hacks that have custom soundtracks of rock music! I like your style ^^ the maps are kinda empty though, you you might wanna add more details. Other than that, I look forward to seeing more of your scripting!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The Rock music(Although awesome) isn't what caught my attention to this hack, it was the story. It's SO Original and it makes sense! When I saw the title, I thought this was a very early April Fools Joke, but after reading the story, I've really taking a liking to it. Looking forward to playing!

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Story seems interesting, though it would've had been maybe funnier if you were able to play as the father (With corespondenting OW).

But the mapping O.o
Alot of tile errors, 1 tile paths which make playing through maps annoying, and empty space.
If you aren't that well hire someone who maps for you there are alot of people around here :>

Also I see no scripts whatsoever, somehow I have the feeling there isn't really anything worth showing if you don't count the story.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
Looks interesting enough, but no screenshots with any dialogue or anything really other than maps?

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Looks good. You might want to change the minisprites. Also you might want to expand on the story a little. I am not one to be talking, but you might want to change the tiles or find someone who can. After that sounds good. The pictures you have look good.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I like the story, so simple but brilliant! I will be keeping an eye on this one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
What? no comments? this hack is such an original one! It's not everyday that I see people posting hacks that have custom soundtracks of rock music! I like your style ^^ the maps are kinda empty though, you you might wanna add more details. Other than that, I look forward to seeing more of your scripting!

Thanks :D And sure, the maps might be a little on the empty side, but so were the maps in the original games :p

The Rock music(Although awesome) isn't what caught my attention to this hack, it was the story. It's SO Original and it makes sense! When I saw the title, I thought this was a very early April Fools Joke, but after reading the story, I've really taking a liking to it. Looking forward to playing!

Thanks man, I'll try to get a playable demo out as soon as I can :P

Story seems interesting, though it would've had been maybe funnier if you were able to play as the father (With corespondenting OW).

But the mapping O.o
Alot of tile errors, 1 tile paths which make playing through maps annoying, and empty space.
If you aren't that well hire someone who maps for you there are alot of people around here :>

Also I see no scripts whatsoever, somehow I have the feeling there isn't really anything worth showing if you don't count the story.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna remove the 1-tile path. I swear, most of my maps are better than this. And I'm not even gonna approach scripting, I'm afraid of breaking the ROM.

Hmm I think this story will be interesting. I hope you upload more pictures!

Looks interesting enough, but no screenshots with any dialogue or anything really other than maps?

These pictures were taken in REALLY early devolpment, next update will include tons more pictures.

Looks good. You might want to change the minisprites. Also you might want to expand on the story a little. I am not one to be talking, but you might want to change the tiles or find someone who can. After that sounds good. The pictures you have look good.

I've actually already changed the player's overworld sprites. However, I'm working solo so I'm probably not gonna change everything

I like the story, so simple but brilliant! I will be keeping an eye on this one.

I think your mapping was good,and i think you should add at least some new pokemon because its a hack of firered.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I really like your story, but I do see one problem. The maps that you took screenshots of don't look appealing... At all, really. I think it would be cool if there was more detail the maps. Overall, though, I feel like your hack has lots of potential! :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
The story for this is pretty awesome. It makes you want to find out more about it. I'm definitely looking forward to it!:classic:

What you need though is some better tiles. Get Wesley's Sneidjers even though they're overused they get the job done.

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
Now this is my kind of hack. Can't wait to see where you take this thing. I clicked on this because of the title, but I stayed for the story!

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
I really like your story, but I do see one problem. The maps that you took screenshots of don't look appealing... At all, really. I think it would be cool if there was more detail the maps. Overall, though, I feel like your hack has lots of potential!

Everyone who playtested from my facebook page loves them, but most people here hate them. Weird.

The story for this is pretty awesome. It makes you want to find out more about it. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

What you need though is some better tiles. Get Wesley's Sneidjers even though they're overused they get the job done.

Thanks for the advice, but what's wrong with the original tiles?

Now this is my kind of hack. Can't wait to see where you take this thing. I clicked on this because of the title, but I stayed for the story!

Thanks! I'll try to release a patch soon, just need to finish the dungeon I'm working on.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Follow gamefreak's newer mappings ^^ their old ones aren't good. And where can I playtest it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Updated the main post with new screens. If anyone's interested, the player sprite has been finalized and I added a list of currently-available Pokemon

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
There you go, looks alot better then last time :>

I actually took the time to check which were the Starters and I came wiht this conclusion:

Either my eyes suck or there weren't any selected with blue yet XD

And just one thing to say:

Please reduce the size of the screens they are really hard to look at and some people have bad Pc's which would make it hard for those images to load :>

Back