• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
My Fire Red ROM somehow increased in memory by 250MB or so. I don't even know why. I put a Script, a couple of Sprites, and two maps in there, along with some minor edits such as a Title Screen Cry Changer.

Does somebody know what's up?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
If I were making a Pokemon Yellow remake, say, what would I have to do in order get a Pikachu sprite to follow me while Pikachu is in my party? Do I have to have a Pikachu sprite in the room? And then have a script to make it follow me?

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
If I were making a Pokemon Yellow remake, say, what would I have to do in order get a Pikachu sprite to follow me while Pikachu is in my party? Do I have to have a Pikachu sprite in the room? And then have a script to make it follow me?

Most probably, yes. The Script would be very complex though.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

this will be quite anyoing to do and a lot of spare time every tile will need a script the script will look something like this

org#Offset
If PLAYER move left go to @picka
If PLAYER move right go to @picka1
If PLAYER move down go to @picka2
If PlAYER move up go to @ picka 3

org picka
applymovement pakachu @chu
watemovement 0x0

org picka1
appymovement pakachu @chu1
watemovement 0x0

org picka2
appymovement pakachu @chu2
watemovement 0x0

org picka3
appymovement pakachu @chu3
watemovement 0x0

@chu
M Walk_Left
@chu1
M walk_right
@chu2
M walk_down
@chu3
M walk_up
accorse this is a simpled version and more lines are neaded and check flages and if you go in to a house you go to add to the script warp sprite pickach
and bring him to the house and out of the house see how all this is a pain

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
post-new.png

I tried following THIS to change the may ow in FR and when i search in the hex editor it says it cant find the pointer.

The sprite pointer is 083A0470 and I search for 70043A08 which seems to match what he did but it still doesnt find it. But when I copy/paste what he did it finds the old man.

Also do I have to repoint ALL of the frames? Because all of the OW's seem to have 26 frames and that is extremely time consuming to have to repoint all of them.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Code:
[B]#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800050
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x80010
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800050
msgbox 0x800070
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800070
= Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!
I've been trying to add this into XSE to activate the Nat Dex in my copy of FireRed, but the problem is that I get the error message of "too less parameters on line 9. The correct number is 2" and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help me?
[/B]

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
I did that, and it told me to do it on another line, which I did. But now it gives me this.
"Error 13 type "mismatch" on line 9. Missing #define"
What is define? Sorry for sounding so problematic with this but I'm rather new to using codes in general, so I'd really appreciate the help.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
umm I think I am using pksv line insted of xse pres F1 in xse and look for the description thats like no close and put that line in :D if you cant find It I will upen xse and find it myslef

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
Hey all. I really want to get into ROM hacking, but don't really know where to start. Where can I find some good beginner tutorials? (Yes ive already searched, and found some convuluted results:) Thanks!

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
There's a section labeled:
Documents and tutorials.
It's pretty hard to miss ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back