• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The BattleGround

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Hello! :) Here I am again with a fanfic I hope I can finish. :) Anyway, this story features a background story with the Battleground Trainers. You know, that little house in the Survival Area where you get to rematch gym leaders in Platinum? That's it. Here is the Chapter's I've finished plotting. :) Hope you enjoy.

ARC 1: Snow-Laden Flames

Chapter 1: Bearer of the Grim News
Chapter 2: Going On
Chapter 3: Ghost Door
Chapter 4: Lucian
Chapter 5: The Marching Band
Chapter 6: Center Fiasco
Chapter 7: Political Stability
Chapter 8: Showdown
Chapter 9: Ablaze
Chapter 10: Evidence of Treason
Chapter 11: Let's Sit Down By The Fire
Chapter 12: Seaside Meet-Up
Chapter 13: Aboard the Destiny
Chapter 14: Story of Gathered Legends
Chapter 15: Closed Fortress
Chapter 16: Enter the Fray
Chapter 17: Neocloud's Plot
Chapter 18: Disappointment of the Maximum Level
Chapter 19: Regroup

ARC 2: Path Of Thorns

Chapter 1: Sky Encounter
Chapter 2: Steel True
Chapter 3: The Night the Moons Appeared
Chapter 4: Another Oracle
Chapter 5: Warcry

Chapter 1: Bearer of the Grim News

Floatzel was undoubtedly agile, but it was wearing down fast. Wake's Floatzel, used as the leader's trump card, managed to knock Gabriel's all but one Pokemon. A few moments ago, on a blazing streak. Now, on the edge of defeat. However, the challenger's smug face betrayed his thoughts. His Gengar, despite being a Ghost/Poison Type, has a huge advantage over Wake's Floatzel. First, Gengar is fresh, while Floatzel was tired from battling five of Gabriel's Pokemon. And another, Gengar knows Thunderbolt, an Electric-type move, one of Floatzel's two weakness. Gengar's annoying sneer seemed to get into Floatzel's nerves. The two Pokemon circled the stage a bit, a plain black field, with a glowing Pokeball symbol at the middle. Gengar tried to hit Floatzel with a Shadow Ball. A blob of ghostly substance appeared in the ghost's hands, and quickly flew towards Floatzel. The Water-type managed to evade the attack, but it quickly slumped to the ground. It was so tired. Gengar was preparing the Thunderbolt when Wake shouted.

"I forfeit!" Crasher Wake shouted, recalling his near-fainted Floatzel. "My, Gabriel, you have grown much stronger since the day I first battled you. And I remember Gengar. It was still a Haunter back then, right? But it wiped out all my Pokemon, including Floatzel. And here, I see that Gengar had moved up to the ranks of an elite Pokemon."

"Thank you, Master Wake," Gabriel said, also recalling his Gengar. "Gengar helped me a lot through the Pokemon League. Especially during my fight with Lucian."

"Ah., the Psychic master. I remembered you excel the most in using Poison types, right?"

"Yes, and Psychic is a huge weakness. Glad to have a Ghost type aboard my team when I was battling him. He nearly knocked me out."

"Well, the Pokemon League is really a harsh place. Glad you made it out, and even defeated Cynthia. Hahaha!" Crasher Wake's laugh echoed through the Battleground. Fantina and a kid named Mira looked at him with amusement. "Anyway, Gabriel, I'll be going out to the Gym again. Maybe some kid-protégée, will be coming up. Maybe he'll be next you! Hahaha!"

"Thank you for your time, Master Wake. Call me if that kid manages to pry the Fen from you. Tell me, so I'll have something to look forward to." Gabriel smiled. "I'll be hanging out here in the Battleground. I'm waiting for Riley. Told me he has something to tell me."

"Oh, the Aura. Hahaha! I wonder what it is about now. Well, you take care now, and wait for my call," Wake winked. "Hahaha! I'll be leaving now. Catch you!" Wake walked out the Battleground. Gabriel sat in his seat, and pulled his backpack out. He got some Max Revives for his Pokemon. Just as he was applying his first Max Revive to his Crobat, Buck went in.

"Gabriel!" Flint's brother shouted.

"Buck! Long time! I was told you have been training out in Stark Mountain," Gabriel said.

"And I was told you have been a consistent challenger to the Elite Four, ever since you refused the post of being the Champion. And, you never went out without defeating Cynthia! My, you are strong!" Buck grinned.

"Not without the help of several items. Hahaha!" Gabriel said. "Anyway, what brings you back here to civilization?"

"Riley told me to go down back here, eh. Told me that something urgent is going on. Speaking of him, he's still not here right?" Buck scanned the room, looking for the Aura. "Aura's not here yet, I guess." Buck pulled a chair beside him. "You?"

"Same as you. Aura called me," Aura is Riley's Trainer class. Each of the trainers entering the Battleground has a unique class, assigned only to them, because all-in-all, they were the chosen few who were regarded as the strongest in Sinnoh. Gym Leaders and the Elite Four were unsurprisingly included here, but a few civilians like Gabriel, Buck, and Riley is included. Buck's grandfather runs the place in the absence of the real owner, Grant, Buck's father. Protégée is Gabriel's class, because of his amazing strength, and in consideration of his youth. Buck's was Aegis, a legendary shield that protected the user from any harm. Buck's specialty centered on the defensive-types.

"Hmm… I wonder what the fuss is about. Hahaha! Might as well wait here," Buck said, relaxing in his chair. A few moments later, the door to the battleground opened. Elite Four Aaron and Bertha went in. Bertha headed straight to the counter while Aaron went to Buck and Gabriel.

"Protégée. Aegis.," he nodded to the two trainers.

"Mantis," Buck nodded back to the Bug-type Elite. "Aura called you?"

"And Terra Firma," he pointed to Bertha. "He said it was a matter of urgency."

"Guess, we are all in the dark here," Gabriel said. Suddenly, a blast of wind opened the doors to the Battleground. A man in a blue coat and hat appeared, riding his Salamence. It was Riley, the Aura. His faced was grim, showing no emotion but grief. Aaron, Buck, Gabriel, and the other trainers inside stood up. Riley scanned the room with grieving eyes.

"Protégée. Aegis. Mantis. Terra Firma. Poltergeist. Wish," Aura mentioned all their class names. "Flash is not yet here?" Flash is Sunyshore's Gym Leader who specializes in the Electric-type. Gabriel remembered a quick battle where his Crobat fell down in a single Thunderpunch.

"None. What's all this, Riley?" Bertha asked him.

"Something happened," Aura answered vaguely.

"What happened?" Mira the Wish asked.

"Governor disappeared," Riley the Aura said. "He's gone."​

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter 2: Going On

"What? Governor… Disappeared?" Buck said. "What do you mean, disappeared? Like he vanished from your sight?"

"No, Buck," Riley replied. "Governor died by Team Neocloud's hands. Or so, witnesses said."

"What?" Bertha exclaimed, speaking for the first time. "Neocloud is active again? I thought they disbanded a few years back."

"Yes, but they resurfaced again under a new leader who goes by the name, or codename, Plutus," Riley explained. "By the time I got to the scene, only a few witnesses remain. Others probably went back to spread the story. But, bottom-line, Governor is gone."

"Then, what are we doing here?" Gabriel said. "You called us, and then what? Why only us? Why not call the others? Why is Saga not here? Matter of this importance should be conveyed to the Elite Four? Why call only Terra Firma and Mantis? Saga, Augur, and Ignition should be here."

"Calm down, Gabriel," Riley said. "I had some intelligence with Flash, and together, we discovered Neocloud's hideout. And sadly, we saw some of our numbers entering the hideout. As of our last intelligence, lasting for a few days, we saw the same faces entering the hideout at least once a day. And, I'm sorry to say, the three we have seen entering the most were the top three trainers in the region, of course not counting you Protégée." He looked around the room. "I have seen the others enter too. All of them, except for us eight, including Flash."

The Battleground experienced a few moments of silence as Riley stopped speaking. The betrayal Aura revealed to them was so profound. Cynthia the Saga, Lucian the Augur and even Buck's brother Flint the Ignition were the enemy. And all other Leaders and civilians. Even Wake the Crasher. Gabriel was stunned by this sudden turn of events.

Aura broke the silence. "I believe Flash is still out there gathering information about Neocloud. I gathered you here because… I want your help in knowing what happened to Governor, and why the others switched sides. What is Neocloud's plot, and everything. I need the help of all of you."

"I'll go!" Mira said. "I want to know why Cheryl is not here, and if she really can do that." Cheryl the Stalwart was Mira's mentor, their relationship more than that of a teacher and student. They were sisters, bound not by blood but by fate.

"Me too. I want to ask Marley what happened," Fantina said. Marley the Gait is Fantina's closest Contest rival. Both had been winning contests left and right, and as all rivals were, both forged a deep connection between them and their Pokemons.

"Flint can't do that. I know him. He'll never conspire with the enemy," Buck said.

"We have seen Ignition, Aegis. Our eyes are clear with what we have seen," Aura said.

"Well then, I figured out we should head out there and save them…" Buck murmured to himself.

"I should know what Saga and Augur wanted to do," Aaron said. "Me and Bertha had had valuable memories with them. We will give them the benefit of doubt. But we will come with you," Terra Firma nodded.

"Good. Almost all agreed to come. How about you Protégée? I know you had unbreakable bonds with the other Gym Leaders, especially Wake. Are you ready to wage some fight against them?" Aura acknowledged Gabriel.

Gabriel remained silent for a moment, but then he nodded. "I'll see them all."

"Good! Now here is the plan," Aura pulled out a chair, and the other trainers circled him. "The hideout of Team Neocloud is in Snowpoint City. I figured Candice might have been a top-rank admin of Neocloud to have it situated in her city. We will infiltrate them, and head to the highest floor, where we presume Plutus resides. Along the way, we may encounter the said Battleground trainers, so instead of forming one big group, we will form pairs, so as to reduce the chance of whiting out in one blow. Whoever reaches Plutus first will engage him in a fight immediately, and stand ground for as long as possible. If it is possible, defeat Plutus, and capture him. Capture other Battleground Trainers as well. I know, it sounds simple, but in fact it is hard. Remember, we are facing the rest of the strongest Trainers in the region. We need to be careful. Understood?"

Fantina asked, "What if one of us was defeated?"

"The partner is to make sure to stay with their partner the whole way. If one is defeated, never leave. Retreat, and let others do the job. But always come back. The showdown with Plutus might be a long one," Aura said. When no other questions were posed, Aura stood up. "We leave as soon as possible. Ready yourselves. We meet at the deserted house in Route 217. God speed to us all." Aura left aboard his waiting Salamence. After he left, the Battleground became a hive of bustling activity. The other trainers, especially Buck and Fantina asked for last drinks from Buck's grandpa. Aaron and Bertha were gone as soon as Riley left. Mira was opening the PC to withdraw some of her beloved Pokemon.

"Gabriel! You can fly right?" Buck asked. Gabriel nodded. He sent out his Staraptor, his beloved Flying Pokemon, and one of his two non-Poison-type Pokemon., the other being Bibarel. "Let's go!" Buck sent out his Skarmory. Fantina already hadd her Drifblim out. She is elegantly holding on to it.

"Volons!" Fantina said, using her French-dotted language. "En garde, everyone!"

"Wait!" Mira shouted. She sent out his Togekiss, and jumped on its back. "Volons!" the Wish said imitating Fantina.

Four trainers rose to the sky slowly and steadily. Just as soon as they were high up in the sky already, they zoomed, until they were already four black specks in the clear blue sky.

A pair of eyes watched them until they were no more in the sky. The eyes disappeared into the trees.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter Three: Ghost Door​
Gabriel and the others were soaring through the morning sky. The air gets chillier as they cover the distance towards Snowpoint City.

"Gabriel," Mira said. "Do you think they can really do it?"

Protégée fell silent for a moment but answered Wish, "I don't know, Mira. There is something going on here."

"We'll soon know. Let's make haste. Snowpoint's getting nearer," Buck said. His Skarmory sped up. Fantina followed after.

"Gabriel. Cheryl not's bad right?" Mira might belong to the elite trainers of the region, but she is still a kid.

"I don't know, Mira. I don't know anything. My mind's going all tangled up. I can't believe treachery of this scale is afoot," Gabriel answered. "For now, let's just go to the meeting point. Maybe afterwards, we'll get some answers."

Mira nodded. She and Gabriel sped up to catch up to Buck and Fantina. The air is already very cold as soon as they caught up to Aegis and Poltergeist. The famous diamond snow of Snowpoint is already falling in a little breeze.

"Who knows the abandoned house in Route 217?" Buck asked the group. Mira shook her head. Fantina looked expectantly at Gabriel.

"I do," Gabriel said. "There was once a lady there who gave an item. I forgot which item, though. When I came back there to thank her, she's gone."
Gabriel explained. "People say the house was abandoned since ancient times."

"Oohh, spectre, eh?" Fantina asked with a grin. She seems not to mind that she is hanging almost a thousand feet off the ground with her Drifblim. "A ghost, perchance?"

"Folktale said it's a misguided Froslass, who took the form of a lady," Gabriel said, repeating the folk tale around the area. "Not that I believe in folk tales, of course."

"Well, ghost or no ghost, it is an odd place to meet up," Buck said.

"I guess you are right," Gabriel said. His Staraptor suddenly jerked towards the left. "What's happening, Staraptor?" His Staraptor, the silent sentinel as always, just kept on flying. Buck looked at Gabriel, but the latter just shrugged.

"Let's make haste. I get a bad feeling about being here," Gabriel said. Buck nodded his agreement and the four trainers zipped through the snowy sky of Sinnoh. Soon enough, the four Battleground trainers arrived at the abandoned house.

"Here we are," Gabriel said, as they landed one by one on the thick snow covering the whole route. A strong blizzard was whipping throughout the whole route bringing the visibility down to zero. However, the meeting place can be clearly seen as it looms menacingly in the gloom.

"Funny how a house so little can loom before the Elites," Buck said. "Let's go inside." Buck headed straight towards the closed door. "Do you think it is locked?" He said without taking his eyes from the door. It was a door made to scare. Intricate carvings of Ghost-type Pokemon filled the door. Fantina traced a curve with her finger.

"Ghost-types, eh? Must be a fan," Fantina said. "Hohoho!" she laughed, throwing her head back.

"I don't know, Fantina," Gabriel said. "I hope so, but I think not."

"Let's go inside," Buck said. He turned the knob on the door. However, it stuck. It was locked from the inside. Buck tried turning the knob the other way around, to no avail. "I guess we are the first ones here."

"No, you're not," a voice said. The trainers whipped their heads to the trees nearby to see a shadow emerging from the trees. Volkner the Flash appeared. "It was locked just recently, and I don't know who did it."

"So, is the rendezvous changed?" Fantina asked Volkner. The Sunyshore Leader approached them.

"I think not. Aura still doesn't know this incident, and he hasn't got here yet," Volkner said. Volkner cast his eyes on the house. Despite the chill, Volkner is still wearing his trademark blue vest. The only hint of the freezing temperature with him is the light-blue scarf wrapped around his neck. "We are waiting for Aura, Mantis, and Terra Firma. Better get your winter coats out. This will be a long wait. Let's go back to the trees. I built up a fire, over there." Volkner header back to the trees. Mira and Buck followed him. Fantina was still investigating the door, tracing different lines on the carving.

"Seems like they will jump out the door the moment I touch them. Si vivant," Fantina said, mesmerized by the design on the door. "Gengar, Froslass, Mismagius, all of them. Complet d'expression," She ran her fingers throughout the whole design. "Let's go back to them, Gabriel."

Gabriel nodded, but as soon as they stepped away from the door, a blinding flash of light appeared. Fantina shrieked. The door to the abandoned house disappeared in the flash of light. Volkner and the others came running out.

"What ha-?" Buck started to ask as he saw Fantina pointing at the empty doorway. "You made it!"

'Let's go, guys. This is one more mystery to know. And besides, this is the rendezvous right?" Mira said. She entered the dark doorway. All others followed inside.

The change of air temperature is noticeable as soon as they stepped inside.

"The house changed," Volkner said. He let out his Electivire to illuminate the room. Buck and Mira sent out there Torkoal and Magmortar respectively. The house was illuminated by a faint light, like that of candlelight. Even the illumination provided by the three Pokemon cannot pierce the darkness inside. "It's still dark."

"No light can pierce darkness of this magnitude," a voice said. It echoed for a moment around the whole house. "Darkness only swallows light. It devours it slowly and slowly. The only way to subdue the darkness is to become one with it. But be careful. A heart of light is an easy victim of the dark. Be one, but maintain vigilance. Never submit yourself fully to the void."

"Who's there? Show yourself," Volkner said.

In the shadows, Lucian the Augur appeared.

miltankRancher

Years
Still no comments? Well, I guess that can't be helped.

Chapter Four: Lucian​

"Lucian!" Fantina said. She called her Mismagius out. "What are you planning? We already know you're one of them!" Gabriel called out his Drapion, a Poison-Dark-type Pokemon. Packing a Crunch, it is a terrible counter for Lucian.

"Augur, where are the others?" Volkner said. His Electivire is crackling with electricity, bristling for more action.

"I don't have any reason for answering you, Flash," Lucian said. He sat down on an upturned crate and pulled out a book. "I will only answer to trainers ranked higher than me."

"Lucian, tell me, where are the others," Gabriel said. Lucian looked up from his book.

"Oh, Protégée. Yes, you are higher than me, tier-speaking. So I will answer you," Lucian said with a sneer. "The others are, of course, as you know, inside the Snowpoint Tower As your intelligence suggests."

"What are you planning to do?" Gabriel asked one more time, pushing his luck.
"Well, I'm here. Isn't that obvious?" Lucian said. With a sigh, he closed the book. "I don't know…"

"What do you mean?" Mira asked.

"Saga, Ignition and I were on a mission. Governor was concerned by the growing number of Neocloud and we were asked to maintain surveillance around the area. However, we were caught. They told us what we wanted to hear from them. They have admitted their mistakes, and they told me their plans. Saga and Ignition… They converted. I fear we lost the two of them. But I saw through their lies. I managed to escape, and I have been hiding from them since then…" Lucian bowed his head in embarrassment. "I'm sorry I nearly betrayed you all… I've got no face to show to the others…"

"Do you have any useful information? It might redeem you," Volkner said.

"Yes. Actually I have. They know of your intelligence. They know you've been keeping track of them. So they laid a false path. Not all Gym Leaders switched sides. I can point names, but I'll only do that once Aura is here. I believe he lead you all here right?" Everybody nodded. "All right. Here it is. The Gym Leaders you saw are just Dittoes." Lucian said.

"What?"

"Yes, and the image you saw of me was a Ditto. Sadly your surveillance isn't quite subtle. I detected you while I was in the forest, and saw Riley on his Salamence. I also saw you, Volkner, riding your Luxray, just on the outskirts of town. You saw Saga, Ignition and I enter the building. The Lucian you saw is a Ditto. If you just looked closely, the hair color is different, though just a slight difference. Point is that's an impostor." Lucian talked to everybody around the room.

"Then, are you saying that not all trainers have switched sides?" Mira asked.
"Yes. Another thing. Plutus cannot be found at the highest floor of the tower. The enhanced security up there is because of a machine. I don't know what the machine does, but that's it. Plutus is located somewhere between the 20th floor to the 25th floor. The machine up there is to serve only as a distraction to anyone who targets Plutus."

"Who is Plutus?" Fantina asked Lucian. "He is the patron, alright. But, do you know his true identity?"

Lucian shook his head. "No, I haven't seen Plutus yet. But I figure he is a strong trainer, to maintain a command that big. He must have the strength to rival Saga or even Protégée."

"Then, he must be a pretty famous trainer just going by the codename," Buck said.

"Well, yeah. We pretty much guessed the same," Mira answered. "So, Lucian, what are you planning to do?"

"I intend to join you in your mission. I want to save Saga and Ignition, too," Augur said.

"That you would not be doing," a voice intervened. Riley and the remaining elite trainers appeared at the doorway. "We thought you were of the enemy, and now you surprisingly turned up on our side with a story."

"But his story is plausible," Mira said.

"Yes, I know that. I don't say I don't believe Augur. It's just that we can finish this mission by ourselves," Riley said. "I'm sorry, Augur. Let the others do this one just for once. We cannot let any risk run free and intervene in the mission."

"I guess you're right," Lucian said. "I guess, I'll better stay here. I may have some useful info for you to utilize."

"I'm sorry if you mistook what I meant. I meant you to leave us alone. I meant you to go now, and let us do what we are meant to do in secrecy. We don't want you here," Riley said, somewhat apologetically.

Lucian's face showed utmost hurt. "What? You'll leave me here?"

"No, Lucian. You'll leave us here," Riley said.

"Is that even needed? I mean, I can be of great help of you. I have been inside the tower a couple of times, discreetly of course, and I-"Riley stopped Lucian with a raised palm.

"Go, or we battle," Riley said unflinchingly. "I'm sorry, Lucian. I know you are a great trainer but, no matter how great you are, you are a potential threat to the success of our mission."

Lucian seems like he is still going to say something, but went against it. He stood up from his crate and headed straight for the closed door. The Battleground trainers were silent as one of the elite trainers of the region were turned down by their acting leader.

As Lucian opened the door, he spoke six chilling words. "The prophecy won't let you." He disappeared in a flurry of snow.

miltankRancher

Years
All right! I'll be posting two new chapters today (actually, its tonight here already, but, whatever.) Here they are.

Chapter 5: The Marching Band​
"Are you sure that was the right thing to do?" Buck asked Riley while pointing at the empty door. Aaron closed the door. "I mean, that was Augur. Second best, not counting Protegee. Saga's right hand. And the Fourth Elite. Are you sure we just got to dump him outside in the snow?"

"For the same reason you said that we are 'dumping' him," Riley said "He worked too close with Saga, and we all know she's one of the top-guns in Neocloud already. For all we know, she may be Plutus." Several gasps were heard around the cold house. "'Plutus' identity is a well-kept secret. We don't know anything about him or her."

"Augur talked about a prophecy," Fantina changed the topic. "He talked about a prophecy. And what does he mean with 'it won't let us?'"

"That one, I don't know. I was also surprised by the existence of a prophecy," Riley said. "So, anyway, we are complete here all right?" He cast a look upon the room. "Yes, everyone seems to be here. I apologize for being late. Mantis, Terra Firma, and I had a little detour to Snowpoint. Something happened there while we were gone."

"Aura's right. A barrier of some sort prevented anyone with a Pokeball entering the vicinity of the city, which is to say from Lake Acuity up to Snowpoint Forest," Aaron explained.

"We deduced that all Pokemon must be let out so as sensors can see what Pokemon we are bringing in, and bringing out. It would be too conspicuous of us to bring six Pokemon all at once," Betha added. "Sadly, we can only bring one Pokemon each with us. So that'd make two per pair."

"One only?" Buck said. "Is that enough?"

"It should make do. We got ourselves no choice, Aegis," Aaron said.

"Now we made that clear, Operation Accord will commence. We will not have any rendezvous once we are in the range of the barrier. We act of our own accord. We meet up at the final battle. Let's go on with the pairings," Riley said. "The two Elite Four will be together, and they will enter Snowpoint via the forest. They will be under the guise of merchants seeking for better shopping chances there." Bertha and Aaron were already ready. Bertha chose to use her Rhyperior and Aaron had his Scizor out. "They depart as soon as they can." Bertha and Aaron nodded, and soon they left without a word said. Professionals… Gabriel thought.

"Wish and Poltergeist will be together, and they will enter via the Lake Acuity. You will be under the disguise that you are trainers seeking an audience with the gym leader. I believe you have completed all the Sinnoh badges, eh?" Riley asked. Both trainers nodded. "I fear you must leave the Icicle Badge and Beacon Badge here."

"Why? Why not carry them as we usually do?" Mira asked.

"Why would you want to have a rematch with Candice? You don't have a badge that's why you need a match. And without the Beacon badge, the story will seem more credible." Fantina nodded but Mira still cannot comprehend it. "Just leave the blazing badges here!" Mira, scared by Riley's sudden outburst, placed both badges underneath Fantina's.

"I guess I better let my Pokemon out," Fantina said. She let out his Mismagius. Mira took a Pokeball from her belt and called out her Alakazam.

"I guess all Pokeballs stays here," Mira said. "Fantina, we leave now, ok?"

"Oui, Mira. The sooner the better. Allons," Fantina, said as she left her Pokeballs in a crate. "Good luck to us all." They were gone in an instant.

"Volkner and I will be taking the airship in Hearthome to Snowpoint. We are archaeologists in search for better finds at treasure. We will be going to the Snowpoint Ruins to investigate the stone statue, but, in reality, we are to enter a complex labyrinth of tunnels underground Snowpoint. One path leads to Plutus himself, or so some blueprint show. Anyway, we have seen the secret door already, navigating it will be easy," Riley said. He called out his Salamence and Volkner sent out his Electivire. "As soon, as I brief you, we will be gone."

Aegis and Protégée nodded.

"You two are to fly to the Fight Area using your Pokemon of course. There is a Pokemon Center there, heal up or do your thing. Then take the boat back to Snowpoint. You are the first one expected to discreetly enter the fortress. No guise at all, just pure sneaking. I leave that to your imaginations. If captured, never release any of the member's identity. It is to remain secret until the opportune moment comes. Only we know the guise of all the others. The first two pairs don't know, so they will not probably recognize you, if you are careful under your disguise," Riley was saying, as Gabriel sent out his Staraptor again, and Buck his Skarmory. "God speed to us all." Riley and Volkner sprinted towards the door, together with Electivire who was still inside. Riley, Volkner, and the Pokemon jumped on Salamence's back. "Good luck to us."

"And to you, Aura," Buck said. The pair left Buck and Gabriel alone in the abandoned house. "I guess we better set off to the Fight Area, Gabriel." Gabriel nodded. They left the warmth of the house and they faced the below zero Celsius temperature outside. "It's freezing here, I just realized."

"I know," Gabriel said. "The sooner we leave here, the better."

"I know," Buck said. "Let's head to the Fight Area."

The two trainers climbed aboard their Pokemon. After a few moments of struggling, Staraptor and Skarmory finally took off in the howling blizzard.

The same pair of eyes that watched them took off in the Survival Area watched them took off on Route 217. Instead of disappearing in the trees, the eyes emerge from the forest.

Lucian the Augur teleported back to Snowpoint City.

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter 6: Center Fiasco​

Gabriel and Buck arrived in the Fight Area after a few minutes. The area was quite deserted save for a few people wandering the streets.

"Let's head to the Pokemon Center. My Pokemon needs to be healed," Gabriel said. They walked past the Pokemon market and the famous Battle Frontier.

"Do you think we might need to face the Frontier Brains? I mean they are stronger than the gym leaders," Buck said.

"I don't know. If they do, I'm excited to see Thorton's Pokemon," Gabriel said. He remembered the little Frontier Brain who runs the Battle Factory. He also remembered a grueling fight with rental Pokemons and a silver print given to him by Thorton.

"Oh, the rental guy? I think he is too weak to be even considered," Buck said with a grin.

"Oh, I wouldn't underestimate him. Maybe he'd bring about six of his rental Pokemon, and order them to battle us. Hahaha!" Gabriel said. "I just hope we don't face them. I hate to think what Jom would say when he knew his father, Palmer, is with the enemy."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Buck said. Soon enough, they reached the Pokemon Center. They pushed the door open. The sight inside shocked the two trainers.

Several citizens and Nurse Joy were on the floor, bound and gagged by some weird men. The men were dressed in a black coat with the matching cape. Some people were already unconscious.

"Man, this job stinks," one man said.

"Yeah, but the payloads a lot better than Galactic's," his partner replied.

"Shut up, you grunts," another said.

"We're all grunts here, aren't we?" another man near an unconscious man. The four grunts laughed. Gabriel and Buck hid behind a large cistern of water just near the door. The reason why is there a water there, Gabriel knows not. He was just thankful for the hiding place. Suddenly, the doors to the Pokemon Center burst open. A trainer in his mid-teens entered.

"Freeze! All of you grunt. Else I'll wipe you out," he bravely said. The grunt looked at one another and laughed.

"Ha! You wimpy kid will wipe us out? Again? Was funny, but the jokes getting old," the grunt who complained about the job said. All others agreed.

"You may have defeated me but you just got lucky. Now, leave them alone before I lay a serious smack down on your Pokemon," the trainer said. To emphasize what he was trying to say, he pulled out an Ultra Ball from his belt and showed it to the grunts. "This here can sweep you."

"Haha. What is that? Is that the same Charmeleon you used against us a little while ago?" The grunts laughed hysterically again. The boy blushed at his comment. "He wiped the floor, that's no doubt. He wiped of all the dirt!" The grunts laughed again. It seems like their laughter will not end. Gabriel nodded to Buck. It's time to make their move.

"Freeze!" Buck and Gabriel shouted. The grunts stopped laughing. The conscious hostages looked at them, emotionless. The trainer stared at them.

"Who are you?" one of the grunts said. They took out their Pokeballs, clearly intimidated by the two new players.

"We go by the names Protégée and Aegis," Buck said. He took out a Pokeball. "Release the hostages at once."

"We don't take threats seriously from a kid inferior to us," a grunt challengingly said.

"You have to battle it then. It's boring here anyway, so why not kill time?" The grunts laughed. "We'll make a quick job here. Come on, guys!" The grunts threw their Pokeballs. Four Pokemon appeared in a flash of red light. A Nidoking, an Altaria, an Electabuzz, and a Starmie appeared.

"Whoa! That's some mighty Pokemon you got there," Buck said. "Why are you still grunts, anyway?"

No wonder the kid whited out, Gabriel thought. "It's a four-on-four I guess." He got his Crobat and Gengar out, the only Pokemon he managed to heal before going to Route 217. Buck threw his Pokeball and out came his Dusknoir and Umbreon out.

"Quit your yapping, kids. This may be you hardest fight yet," the grunt said. He had an evil glint in his eyes, more like a symbol of greed and malice. "Battle on! Electabuzz, Thunderpunch Crobat!" His Electivire lead the rest of the enemy's pack in attacking. As soon as the first blow was thrown, there was nothing that could stop grunts of any organizations. They are scavengers, strong in groups. But seldom seen strong, singly. Gabriel soon found himself fighting the grunt leader, the one with the Electabuzz, and the owner of the Nidoking. Even with his Pokemon fully healed, he couldn't help but feel cornered while doing the battle. His Gengar managed to barely keep up with the Electabuzz, and Crobat barely manage to keep up with Nidoking, and Gabriel's job here was to keep up with everyone, which he was doing pretty badly.

"Having a hard time, kiddo?" the grunt-leader said. "We're still not yet the admins." Gabriel risked a glance towards Buck. He was also having a hard time against Altaria and Starmie. Gabriel decided to end the fight quickly. He ordered his Gengar to throw a Shadow Ball to Electabuzz. The Electric-type Pokemon managed to dodge the attack, but it hit the Nidoking who was facing Crobat in another direction. It hit him squarely in the middle of his back. It was down. Crobat used a Cross Poison aimed at the remaining Electabuzz. The bat rushed to Electabuzz, but missed it by a few inches. However, Crobat continued rushing, its focus not on Electabuzz but on another Pokemon, focused on battling a different opponent. Altaria went down without much resistance, despite its being a Dragon type. The tide suddenly turned towards the Battleground trainers who managed to knock down to Pokemon in two consecutive attacks. Dusknoir, as a final attack, used Earthquake, thereby hitting Electabuzz, and Starmie, and his Umbreon. It knocked out the grunt's Pokemon, but Umbreon remained standing. Unshaken. It was clear who the victors were.

The grunts called their Pokemons back, scared of these new arrivals. Buck grinned and said, "Shoo." All grunts left in a haste. Buck and Gabriel recalled their Pokemon, while the young trainer cut the bonds loose on the hostages. In a few moments, with Gabriel and Buck's help, all hostages were set free. Those unconscious were carried inside the Pokemon Center for further examinations. Apparently, there were four Nurse Joys on duty so three of them tended to the unconscious people while one stayed outside to help the others. Gabriel and Buck healed up their Pokemons.

"Who are you people?" the trainer said. Buck and Gabriel turned around and saw the brave trainer that stood up against Neocloud.

"We're just stranger's you know," Gabriel answered vaguely.

"No, you're not. You are the first trainers whom I've seen battle the grunts using their strongest Pokemon. I've been trying, but they never got serious with me. And still I always lose," the trainer said. "At the very least, tell me your real names."

"We will, kiddo, if you tell us yours first," Buck said.

"I am Paul, Cynthia the Pokemon Master's son," he said without taking his eyes off Aegis and Protégée.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I've only read the first chapter but I thought it was pretty good. Seems like you do shorter chapters but produce them more frequently which is no problem in my eyes. Like the fight scene, and I love how you gave every character their own little title, I've always been a fan of that. I'll be sure to read the others one when I have the time!

His Gengar, despite being a Ghost/Poison Type, have a huge advantage over Wake's Floatzel.
I've never really done this whole grammar thing and I'm pretty sure I'm not even qualified for it, but I think that the have should be a has. Just saying!

miltankRancher

Years
oh. I haven't notice that. thanks for pointing it out. :)

and thanks for giving my fic some of your time. :)

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter 7: Political Stability​

"Cynthia has a son?" Buck asked Gabriel, as they excused themselves for a moment.

"I don't know. He may be bluffing for all we know," Gabriel stared towards Paul. Boasting a height of 5'10" to 5'11, Paul might be only a year older than Gabriel, and two years younger than Buck. There is a slightly familiar air around him that makes Gabriel uneasy. Was it fear? Or is it arrogance? Gabriel couldn't quite place what the boy is thinking from his looks. A very unsettling character if one might found someone of that sort. Paul's eyes seem to drill Gabriel's head just from the look of it. He might be a psychic or something. "I can tell you one thing however. He has a lot of similarities with Saga. The professional air, even though he isn't, the arrogance, and the feeling that he can read your innermost thoughts."

"Is he of the right age to be Cynthia's son?" Buck said.

Gabriel did a quick mental calculation. Assuming Cynthia is well past her forties, Paul could have been her child after all. "Yes. If she had a child during the years she spent training with Juniper in the Sevii Islands," Gabriel said. Juniper was the regional Professor of Unova, a region barely blemished by the mark of human civilization. "But, as far as I know, Juniper is the only person with her."

"Then he is lying,"

"No. I'm not saying he is. It's just so unlikely," Gabriel said. "Cynthia might have her own summer romance while training with Juniper."

Buck stared at Gabriel. "You mean Saga has a heart like everybody else?" Cynthia was known as the kindhearted tyrant of the Pokemon World. She is generous to trainers, of course, but talking of emotions, she is a total rookie.

"I don't know. She's a human after all, Buck," Gabriel said. "And humans are capable of loving," Gabriel remembered his childhood friend, Dawn.

Buck stared at Gabriel with disbelief. "I can't believe it."

"Neither can I."

"What are you talking about?" Paul butted in.

"Are you sure you are Cynthia's son?" Buck asked. Paul mumbled something. "What? We didn't catch that part."

"I said not biologically, no," Paul said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm not a true son. I'm adopted by Cynthia, a few years back," Paul explained. "Since then, I have been training with her. Rigorously, day and night. However, I don't meet her expectations. I have just earned two badges in a span of two years." So we started at the same age, and yet, here I am, doing quick work of the Elite Four. In just a year, Gabriel thought.

"So, technically, you are an Apprentice?" Apprentices were known to be the chosen few, students of the Elite Four and Gym Leaders, training with them, until they are ready to go off on their own. Theoretically, when an Apprentice finished his or her training, he or she will become a member of the Grand Council, a large assembly of trainers tasked in leading the Pokemon world, alongside with the Professors and the Battleground trainers. However, the training of Apprentices had become very difficult. Not a single one was accepted in the past fifteen years. The Grand Council merely dissolved to a collection of five old men, known as the Sages. They possess no more control over the affairs going in the Pokemon World.

"Yeah, but as you know, Apprentices no longer exists. I mean, no longer finish being Apprentices," Paul said. "The political stability of the world waned because of the extinction of the Grand Council. The Professors and the Battleground trainers can't hold much of the world. The Grand Council used to hold more than half of it, and now it's gone. It was a disaster."

'"Yeah, we all know the story," Buck said impatiently. "Do all the other leaders and elites got apprentices?"

"Hmm… I don't know. I think Bertha and Aaron doesn't have one. Fantina and Volkner also had none," Paul counted with his Fingers. "The rest I think have their apprentices."

Buck's expression became serious. "All of them?"

"Aside from the four? Yes, I think so," Paul replied, his expression full of curiosity. "Why do you ask?"

"Never you mind," Gabriel said. "Can you tell us more? I mean, about the apprentices. It seems like it just sprung from nowhere. Surfacing again after a few years."

"Well, I don't pretty much divulge into details of the Apprenticeship. I just welcomed it as a gift from above."

"Anything, Paul."

"Well, all I know is the apprentices are to converge in Snowpoint City, five days from now. I heard we are to have our first real mission."

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter Eight: Showdown​

"Cynthia summoned the Apprentices. She said we were to train there first," Paul continued.

Gabriel and Buck looked at each other. "Did she say why you are to train and what the mission is all about?" Buck asked.

Paul considered the question for a moment before shaking his head. "Come to think of it, she didn't mention anything of that sort."

"So, in five days time, y'all be going to Snowpoint City with no idea what is going on?"

"Yeah, something like that," Paul replied. "I was on my way to Snowpoint to ask Cynthia, of course. Only, I saw these Grunts march inside this center. So, I decided to take the matters in my own hands."

"And you ended up getting trashed," Gabriel finished for the teen. Even though Paul looks older than Gabriel, the latter had more experience regarding battling. The air of superiority might just be a façade, taught by Cynthia.

"And you think your Charmeleon would trash these Grunts."

"Well, they are Grunts after all. I never would have expected them to have some serious Pokemons in their hands. I thought Zubats and Stunkys, a Golbat at the most. But never an Electabuzz or them others you fought," Paul shook his head. "And besides, they are just mocking my Pokemon." He threw a Pokeball. A black Charizard appeared. "It's a shiny Charizard, but they were mocking him." Paul ran his hands along Charizard's tail. "They said it was too weak to be a Charizard, so they called it a Charmeleon."

"We're getting off topic," Buck interrupted. "Paul, I thank you for your time. We must be going. We have an urgent business. Bye"

"Yeah, thanks Paul," Gabriel said. The duo started to walk away.

"Wait!" Paul called after Gabriel and Buck. "Can I have a duel with you?"

"What?"

"A duel. Can I have one? With any one of you," Paul pleaded. "I want to train more before I go to Snowpoint." Gabriel looked at Buck. Aegis just shrugged.

"I guess we could spare a few minutes," Gabriel said. "Six-on-six?"

Paul shook his head. "Three-on-three. Apprentices are not permitted to carry more than three Pokemon on their team."

"Okay, let's go outside," Gabriel said. The trio went outside to a clearing, just a few feet from the Center. He took out a Pokeball. "Gengar!" The Gas Pokemon appeared. Paul Charizard's stepped forward. Buck stepped in between the two contenders. He raised his hand.

"Three-on-three match between Paul, Cynthia's apprentice, and Gabriel, Protégée of the Battleground," Buck said.

"Woah, wait. You are that Protegee?" Paul asked, his voice faltering.

"Are we going to battle or not?" Gabriel said. Buck lowered his fist. "Shadow Ball!" Gengar disappeared for a moment. Charizard looked frantically around him. The Ghost-type appeared over Charizard's head where it released the blob. It hit the Flame Pokemon square in the back of its head. "Follow up with a Thunderbolt!" Gengar's hands crackled with electricity.

"Charizard, Flamethrower!" Charizard's mouth erupted in a burst of flames. It missed Gengar, but, while evading, the Thunderbolt it was preparing was gone. "Charizard! Another Flamethrower!" Gengar disappeared again, but Charizard never backed down. It scorched the plants in the vicinity. Finally, it hit the invisible Gengar near Paul. "Another Flamethrower!"

"Gengar!" Gengar stood up, and prepared another attack. It let it go as the same time as Charizard released a Flamethrower. Flames and electricity met in a cloud of smoke. When it cleared, it was revealed that Charizard was out, the Thunderbolt damaging its left wing. Gengar was nowhere to be seen. "Gengar!" The Ghost appeared beside Gabriel. Battle scars cannot be seen in a ghost's body, but, with the way Gengar is breathing, it can be safely assumed that the Ghost took quite a beating.

"One point for Gabriel!" Buck shouted. Paul recalled the Flame Pokemon, and Gabriel recalled his Gengar. "Round two start!" Gabriel opened the round with his Drapion.

"I call on Ferrothorn!" The Thorn Pod Pokemon appeared in a flash of light. It was a Pokemon endemic to the Unova Region.

"Ferro," it growled.

"Round two commence!" Buck lowered his hand once more.

"Let's make quick work of this seed," Gabriel said. "Drapion, Fire Fang!"

"Ferrothorn! Evade, then Power Whip!" Drapion's flame-covered bite missed. While staggering with the miss, Ferrothorn lashed out with its spike-covered tentacles. Drapion roared with pain. "Iron Head!" Ferrothorn slammed Drapion. "Power Whip! Don't stop!" Ferrothron once again lashed put with its whips. Drapion, despite being hit multiple times, managed to dodge the quick whips. It bit down hard against Ferrothorn with flame-coated fangs. Ferrothron flinched. However, it countered with another Iron Head.

"Drapion!" Gabriel shouted. Drapion had its eyes closed, presumably from the pain brought by several attacks. Even though it is not a super effective attack, Ferrothorn dealt more damage because of the quantity. "Gr."

"Ferrothorn! Finish up with Flash Cannon!" Ferrothorn's whole body glowed with an unearthly light. It released it within a second of generating it. It knocked Drapion out.

"All one!" Buck shouted. "Final round, start!" The two contenders recalled both of their Pokemon.

"New Pokemon, huh?" Gabriel said.

"My prized. Never been defeated with Ferrothrorn, not counting those Grunts," Paul arrogantly said. "Let's proceed." Paul opened the match with another new Pokemon. A Simisage appeared.

"Simi!" The Thorn Monkey cried.

"So you focus on thorns," Gabriel said. "Go, Crobat!" Crobat appeared.

"Well, they are the only Pokemon I caught, so I got no choice, but to use them. Let's go!" Buck lowered his hand. "Simi-"As Paul gave his orders to Simisage, the Pokemon Center erupted. In seconds, the whole building was ablaze.
~~~~~~~~

Any feedback would be good. So, thanks!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter Nine: Ablaze​

"What the-?" Buck said. The flames were rapidly growing by the second. "Water, Gabriel!"

Gabriel called out his Tentacruel. "Hydro Pump!" The Jellyfish Pokemon sprayed a huge blast of water from underneath its body. Despite the high pressure offered by the Hydro Pump, the flames were quickly building. The citizens inside were quickly evacuating the Pokemon Center, and some were even helping put out the fire. Steady streams of people were coming from the inside of the Center from its two exits. "Darn, not enough water!"

Buck also called out his Cloyster. "We need more water! Hydro Pump!" Several other trainers also called out their Water-type Pokemon.

"Hydro Pump!"

"Bubblebeam!"

"Surf!"

Thousands of gallons of water were being poured towards the raging fire, but still, the fire rages on. In the distance, the blaring sirens of fire trucks can be heard. One of the people in the area probably called in their hot line. Within seconds, the fire truck appeared. Firemen jumped out the truck and pulled out the long hose. Water-type Pokemon were also called out. Additional water supplies were ejected to the inferno that was the Center. Some firemen went inside the Center.

"More water! Hydro Pump, Tentacruel!" Gabriel was screaming now. Bigger blasts of water from all sides of the Center met with the raging fire. It was still not enough. The fire, as if taunting the rescuers and the civilians, rage even higher.

"We confirmed the location of a single Pokemon inside the building!" A fireman reported to another one, presumably the deputy officer.

"What? I thought all Pokemon have been evacuated and accounted for!"

"Yes, sir. It seems like this Pokemon is a renegade! It is the one causing the fire!" The firemen rapidly answered. The firemen were panicking now, just because of the existence of a single Pokemon inside.

"What kind of Pokemon can produce a fire this big?" the officer asked.

"Well, sir. It is hard to believe," the fireman started. "Even, I doubt the report. But with the existence of proof, I believe we have the legendary bird Moltres in there.

"Moltres? What proof have you seen that made you believe a Moltres just landed there?"

"Sir, eyewitnesses have said that a bird clad in flames descended from the night sky. Moltres apparently was hurt because it didn't light up the sky brightly."

"And that made you believe it? Eyewitnesses? Major, I have trained you, but I didn't expect anything like this from you. Go and make sure next time you get back, you have an accurate report for me," the officer bellowed.

"Sir! We also collected a piece of the legendary Flame Feather! That's proof enough!" Major replied. Gabriel's ears perked up. Flame Feather?

"What? Damn," the officer cursed. "Man, man. The situation's gone bad." The officer sahook his head. "Major, I want you to send some men inside, and quell Moltres."

"Officer," Gabriel offered his hand. His Tentacruel is still blasting Hydro Pumps. "I'm Protégée of the Battleground Trainers. I would like to help your men inside."

"Battleground? Oh, yes. I give you clearance, but expect the worst inside. I heard Moltres is inside," the officer nodded. His fireman's hat was tightly stuck in his head. "Deputy Jordan, by the way. Now, go inside! We still have a fire to kill!" Gabriel followed several men inside. Good thing the Center was made of sturdy materials; else it would have crumbled to dust by now. Outside, it was a mess but, inside, it's hell break loose. Flames erupt once in a while in random spots on the floor. Celing supports might fall down at any given moment. In short, the whole scene is a dangerous minefield.

"Where is Moltres?" Gabriel shouted.

"Storage Area! Sir, if you wish to follow, please call out a Pokemon! It's dangerous here!" Gabriel called his Tentacruel which swiftly followed inside.

"I'm cleared. Lead me," Gabriel said. He followed the firemen inside the Center. They stopped by a door which was blasted open presumably by a huge burst of flame. It was several degrees hotter when they came near.

"Moltres! It's here?"

"Reports said so, Sir!" A fireman said. They brought out their Pokeballs, and called out several water types. All the Water-types blasted Hydro Pumps inside, to clear the area of some flame. However, a new flame will always be reborn once one is extinguished. "Damn!"

"Let me get in!" Gabriel shouted. He pushed his way in between the firemen.

Nobody dared follow him inside the blazing place. He shielded his eyes from the ash around. He coughed as he inhaled the heavy smoke in the area. Finally, when he waved his hands to clear some of the smoke, he caught a glimpse of an avian-body. He waved his hands frantically, and once he cleared the smoke in front of him, he saw it.

"Moltres…" Gabriel murmured.

miltankRancher

Years
Chapter 10: Evidence of Treason

"Moltres…" Gabriel whispered. The legendary Flame Pokemon was shrieking. Its shrill cries are so ear-wrecking. Gabriel wondered for a moment why it cannot be heard outside. "Moltres!"

Protégée… A voice said. The flames suddenly hushed down, but still blazed with minimum sound, like a faraway droning. Protégée...

"Who is that?" Gabriel said, frantically looking around the area for the voice. "Show yourself!" Suddenly, as if on cue, Moltres stopped shrieking. Its eyes suddenly glowed white. The flames in the area were extinguished in pillars of smoke. "Oracle Moltres."

Yes. I am.

"Are you hurt?" Gabriel stepped towards Moltres.

Stop. The Moltres inside is hostile still to people. Oracle said. I'm going to be quick, because Moltres might resume control over this ephemeral body. A guy angered Moltres, and controlled it.

"Do you remember the details?"

Unimportant. I only remembered that the guy had this black ring and, with the help of his Pokemon, managed to encircle Moltres' neck. I blacked out after. When I regained consciousness, I only saw Moltres and this area in flames. I figured out that Moltres escaped, but to how, I have no idea.

"Can you describe the guy tome? What are his Pokemon?" Gabriel asked.

Red haired. The hairstyle as the same of young people nowadays. Thick and very bushy. As of the Pokemon, I remember a Loppunny and an Infernape.

"I think I know who that is…" Gabriel said. "Flint the Ignition…"

A Battleground Trainer?
"Yes. The organization have been infiltrated. Dammit!"

Flint. I wonder how he could do that. Protégée, Moltres is regaining control. Heed my advice. Visions showed me a future of darkness, when you step inside… Moltres shrieked again, the muffled sounds were gone. The flames erupted once more. Gabriel was suddenly deaf for a moment.

"Moltres!" Moltres spread its wings and flapped it. One time, two times, three times. With each flap came a huge gust of wind that killed all the flames in the area. It took off in five. The firemen entered. Gabriel recalled his Tentacruel after blasting a few Hydro Pumps to lower the temperature.

"Sir! Are you okay?" A fireman asked. "Do you need first-aid?"

"No. I need to go, now. So excuse me," Gabriel said. He rushed outside where the scene is still in confusion. "Buck! We need to go!"

Buck came, rushing. He called out his Skarmory. "Ready when you are!" Gabriel called out his Staraptor and climbed aboard.

"To Snowpoint, and quickly!" Gabriel shouted. Both trainers rose to the sky.

The cold wind buffeted the two Battleground trainers so hard that they shook to the bone.

"Cold. Never felt this cold," Buck whispered.

"We just came from a huge flame. Of course we will feel cold," Gabriel said.

"Tell me what you did inside," Buck requested. Gabriel told the whole story how Oracle Moltres spoke to him and the evidence that Flint really is of the enemy.

"Oracle? The other side of Pokemon, found only in few number per specie? I thought that was just a folk lore?" Buck said. Gabriel just shrugged. "Dammit. Flint really blew it."

"The details were blurry as Oracle Moltres said. It can be Flint or not. But, right now, all I know is we are late with the mission. We are off by a few hours," Gabriel said, his eyes set straight forward.

"You're right," Buck agreed. "We'll be there in a few minutes, probably ten. This headwind is slowing us down."

"Let's hurry. Plutus is waiting for us. And besides, I'm itching for a real fight," Gabriel's Staraptor sped up. Buck followed closely behind.

Back