• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XP Irrlicht

Years
XP Irrlicht

Version: 1.0

Description:

This is a port from Irrlicht to Rpg Maker XP, just like what DemonFire did except mine is open source (not the dll though)

Features As of Now:
3D models (.md2, .obj, ect.) Any models that Irrlicht can support by default
Model Textures (.png, .bmp, ect.) Any Texture that Irrlicht can support by default
Custom BG color (No explanation needed really)
Model Transformation (scaling,rotation,transformation)

Notes:
For now the only help you get is that of which is exampled in the Scene_Irrlicht
I shall in the next release add camera viewing and 2D GUIs
Do not use unless you have some scripting knowledge, otherwise you'll get lost easily
Yes, I know a second screen pops-up (The one is the old game window and the other renders Irrlicht, I'll try to fix this so only 1 window pops up)

Images

Spoiler:

Finally:
You can vouch that this is mine for 2 reasons 1 the build of mine is very much different than DemonFire's and secondly I added a dll function which the sole purpose is to return my username I use more commonly (Rei)

Downloads:
#1.0#

Credits:
Rei -- Creator of the DLL/Ruby Scripts
Irrlicht -- Creator of Irrlicht and the model (with the texture) used for the example
DemonFire -- Of course for giving me the idea for using Irrlicht with RMXP

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
---------------------------
Script 'Irrlicht' line 26: RuntimeError occurred.

LoadLibrary: XPIrrlicht

Slight technical hitch with this one.

Years

Slight technical hitch with this one.

I don't get the error, are you using it as it is plainly? (Don't use with Essentials) Also, you need the two dlls included

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
They're in the folder, I got this though when loading from game.exe:

3d project: Game.exe - System Error
The program can't start because MSVCR100D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
They're in the folder, I got this though when loading from game.exe:

3d project: Game.exe - System Error
The program can't start because MSVCR100D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Yeah :/
I'm getting this error as well.

Years
Alright Updates:

I changed the dll from debug to release this hopefully will remove the dll errors.
I got the game rendering directly onto the rgss window! (Now only 1 window pops up) Should currently be compatible with Essentials
Added A projection (custom camera views)
Added lighting
Added support for Irrlicht's built in sphere/block models
Added Sky Boxes! (Panorama folder)
Added Animation support
Added Gui Support
And much more!

Glitches:
When moving the mouse on the window it flickers black, this is due to the game's internal graphics rendering (I need to cancel this out)

I had to sacrifice the Hangup to continue running the process, unless you all wanted the game to flicker black every time you call Graphics.Update.

Anyways, if you know how to stop XP's internal graphics from rendering, that will be great!

I'll release it next week.

Years
1. 3D Support for XP

2. Increases my skills in c++.

3. Increases my skills in Irrlicht.

Mostly, I am doing this because there is no real 3D system, MGC's Hmode7 can only support 1 polygon and can lag which makes it difficult to make a 3D game.

But then again, I suppose the best port from Irrlicht to XP would require a complete re-make of the built in graphics rendering (or at least prevent it from rendering) because this is my only problem, it will start to render if you move the mouse on screen. (if the mouse is off the window or you are holding a button in it will not render)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 26, 2014
Hello, query, you still have the XP Irrlicht ?.
Could you reupload because the download link does not work please ?.
Greetings.

Days
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
You must be missing the dll files. Search for the dll file with the name and replace them with new downloaded one.

Back