• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This internet browser is better than the other!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I use chrome as it just works the best for me and I'm so used to it that I don't think I will swap browsers for a very long time.

(also, why is there no poll to this thread?)

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
I use Firefox for a pretty long time, I also have Chrome installed, when it comes to performance they're kinda the same but I'm just used to the layout of Firefox. Chrome also doesn't support those animated sprites on Bulbapedia for example.

Years
Chrome also doesn't support those animated sprites on Bulbapedia for example.
While it is true that Chrome doesn't have native support for APNG (animated PNG), there's an extension out there called APNG that will make animated PNG images animate just as they should.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
While it is true that Chrome doesn't have native support for APNG (animated PNG), there's an extension out there called APNG that will make animated PNG images animate just as they should.
I expected something like that, but I use Firefox most of the time anyway just because I'm used to it. But still, good to know, so thanks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, I've been using Chrome so long I didn't know there were animated sprites on Bulbapedia!

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I actually use Pale Moon, which is a browser that bases itself off Firefox. I've found it to be my favourite honestly.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
On my laptop and my smartphone? Internet Explorer. Version 11 for the laptop, and 9 for the smartphone (stuck in 7.x forever). I used to use Google Chrome before I switched when 9's beta was out. Let's just say that even with an anemic CPU (by 2009 standards), you can do a lot more when you pair it with a powerful graphics processing unit. Especially when you're on a mobile platform.

Years
I switched from IE to Chrome about... 4 years ago...? I don't exactly remember. But I haven't looked back since then, and looking at IE now feels very awkward.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Im using Firefox right now..I started wwith Chrome but It started to lag I use Chrome sometimes though I also use safari and Dont use IE or Opera..
IE SUCKS!!

Sirfetch’d

I mainly use FireFox just because I have never had any real problems with it and that is good enough for me. I do like the look of Chrome better, but I haven't had a chance(I've been too lazy) to re-download it..so yeah I use ff.

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
Years
I'm using Safari right now, as it came with my Mac. I don't find any problems with it, so I'm good with it.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I use Google Chrome. I like Firefox too but I like Chrome more.

Years
I used to use IE, a long, long time ago. At that time a friend persuaded me to get Firefox, because it was faster, better laid out... stuff like that. I stuck with Firefox for a couple of years, but then there was this game me and that same friend wanted to play. Firefox wouldn't play the game, for whatever reason, so he suggested I try Chrome. And, well... I've never looked back! Chrome's fast, easy to use and nicely laid out, in my opinion.

Nine Inch Nails

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Years
  • Age 25
  • lol
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've been using Chrome since around the time it came out; it's better than Internet Explorer by a long shot and beats Firefox quite handily too.

Chrome's minimalistic interface, as well as blazing fast loading times deceptively deep customisation options (themes!) and the extensions offered - AdBlock comes to mind - are strong reasons for my continued usage of the browser. I'd definitely never go back to Firefox or Internet Explorer...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my opinion, Google Chrome is the best web browser. I always use it whether at school, home, or work, because I find it to be more comfortable than other browsers. It has a fast start-up, a clean and simple interface, better security, and an incredible loading speed. I also like how it syncs your browsing history, bookmarks, passwords, applications, extensions, Google accounts, and all of your other data.

Years
ABrowser generic web browser, made specifically for Trisquel GNU/Linux. I, in all honesty, prefer the GNUzilla icecat browser, but I have trouble installing it and making it default, plus using it with TOR. :/ So, I'm stuck with a generic web browser. I do not use Chrome or Chromium for they spy on their users (Also encourage the use of non-free softwares). :/ Though, I quite like the work Google made on them.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I'm torn between using Firefox and Chrome all because of extensions being available only on specific browsers. On my Mac I'm using Firefox becuase DownThemAll exists and is the best download manager I've used. Not an issue on the desktop though because I have a standalone downlolad manager to handle downloads so I've been using Chome on that.

Back