• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm falling in love with you," says your best friend.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
as of now, i don't have any romantic feelings for any of my best friends, so i suppose if one of them comes up to me and confesses that s/he likes me in a romantic sense, i'd tell him/her that i'm just not interested in pursuing a relationship with him/her. seeing as my best friends are really my BEST friends, i don't think that any of them will take what i say badly.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'd be speechless for at least three seconds. I'm really close with my best friend, but he knows I like someone else. I would still treat him as my bff, tho, because I love him as a brother. It would be awkward accepting the fact that he has feelings for me, but we'll cope with it, and move on.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
No heart truly desires to be alone. Perhaps you don't understand that right now but someday you will. I guarantee it.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to be alone or not sweetie, I'd reject them because I already got a special someone and it's gonna take the forces of hell itself to even try to make me part with her lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'd be shocked to be honest, but I would let them down easy and tell them I don't like them that way. What else could you do?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I'd be overjoyed if my best friend suddenly confessed his feelings for me, because I have a crush on my best friend and have had one for two years now, though admittedly I'd be confused because my best friend is a guy and(as far as I know) is completely heterosexual and seems homophobic at times.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd be pretty thrilled to be honest! They're already in a relationship and have been for over a year now so it's very unlikely, but I'd be very happy indeed to be with them. I don't think it'd be awkward at all since most of the time we act like we're in a relationship anyway (minus the physical stuff paha), so I guess it'd just be like taking the friendship up to the next level...? But yeah, I'd be very happy!

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
If I felt the same way, I'd go for it.
If not, well, then I'd gently let them off saying I don't feel the same way, then things would get awkward.
Actually happened to one of my friends a couple days. He confessed to her, and she she didn't feel the same way. It's awkward since I'm stuck in the middle.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Well, considering my best friend is a guy too.... It would ruin our friendship and that would be plain awkward.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
It would depend how hot she was. (joking) but i agree with thisguy647 i'd be creeped out a little but would probably just back out of the room awkwardly.

FrankOcean

OFWGKTA ALL DAY
Years
If it was one of my guy best friends I'd be like, "Hahahaa no." And then call him various homophobic insults until we both get over it.
But if it was a girl best friend I'd still say no. Unless they were really, really hot and I like them back. I'm very shallow, btw.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
This has happened to me... except the other way around.

I'd have to tell him that while I'm extremely flattered, I no longer feel the same way. Though the guy has never cared about relationships. Ever.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
This has happened before. He told me that he liked me and the thing was that I liked him too. I told him that I had to think about it. I didn't want to take this thing to another level withour consideration as if it fails, this whole friendship would most likely cease to exist. I've known him since we were both very young, like childhood friends, and our mothers are also very close friends with each other. I wouldn't want any friendship to break because of some under-thought action of ours. Plus, I was about to go for studies in Australia and he in New Zealand, so everything seemed so much harder. Soo..yeah. We just stayed best friends. Nothing more.

BUT if my girl best friend ever told me that, I would be like whaaat you serious, girl?! You know damn well that I'm straight! @@ and things might start getting awkward from there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?

"You realise now, after 9 years?!"

Haha, seriously I had a huge crush on one of my best friends for years and years, so if he announced this I would be bother really annoyed (as I'm taken, happily) and really happy - as I wasn't delusional for imagining a connection for most of a decade.

Back