• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So i saved some maps that ive been making, then moved them to a clean rom, but when i uploaded the maps and inserted them, this happened...it wont let me access the next route, even though both routes are open at this point, and i've checked and saved the connections on both maps. Why is this happening? Im sure it had something to do with the process of inserting the new maps, because these worked fine on my test rom.

droomph

weeb
Years
So i saved some maps that ive been making, then moved them to a clean rom, but when i uploaded the maps and inserted them, this happened...it wont let me access the next route, even though both routes are open at this point, and i've checked and saved the connections on both maps. Why is this happening? Im sure it had something to do with the process of inserting the new maps, because these worked fine on my test rom.

Check the movement permissions in those portions of the map. Is it set to "0" or "C"?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Online now

One of the map connections may need to be the "-" version of what you set it as. Try putting one of the values as negative and seeing, if not, try the other way around.

Years
one question how would i go about getting a pokemon roaming in fire red if there's a thread the put a link to it I'm just wondering as r/s/e has lati twins and Fire red has Legendary dog based on your starter but is it possible to add one or two?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
I have this question, and I'm sure it has been asked a hunderd times, but with the mighty power of google and the forums search engine I been unable to find a solution. Although I found one person with the same question, the answer was simply "There shouldn't be a problem."

(This whole problem concerns XSE and Advance Map)

The problem is that I've made this quite big script consisting of 250 lines, which i'm not sure is completely working, and I'm trying to compile it in my ROM. I've tried the most used ways of compiling that worked for me when I had to use it for message scripts, but the ways I tried it is by clicking the gears, and the batch compile tool. I already loaded the rom in XSE.
I also tried to put both the offset i used after #dynamic and the offset the compile-menu gave me with the @start.

When I insert the script offset, and I open it, the script consist of an line, followed by #org 0xOFFSET.

Sorry for asking the question that is asked a million times, but search engines don't give me a valid answer. If I need to be any clearer, just ask me, and I'll just clarify it.

Years
Is there a way to define a trainer's pokemon by a variable? For example, telling it to use the value stored in var 0x5000 as the species of pokemon?

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
I am having some issues moving tiles around. I have created a lot of maps on one tile set that I want to insert into a rom with a different tile set. So my logic is if i move the tiles in the second rom around so they are in the same places as there equivalent tiles were in the original rom I should be able to insert the map without distorting it to much.

However I think my method for doing this is wrong.
I go into A map >>> open the new rom >>> block editor >>> picture >>> save tile set 1.

Then I open tile set 1 in paint with the intention of moving the tiles around but when I open it up in paint half the tiles are just black.

Sorry I have always been awful with tiles
- Jim

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there a way to define a trainer's pokemon by a variable? For example, telling it to use the value stored in var 0x5000 as the species of pokemon?

See my response to you in the script help thread.

one question how would i go about getting a pokemon roaming in fire red if there's a thread the put a link to it I'm just wondering as r/s/e has lati twins and Fire red has Legendary dog based on your starter but is it possible to add one or two?

I'm pretty sure JPAN included this in his hacked engine. See the documentation for it.

I have this question, and I'm sure it has been asked a hunderd times, but with the mighty power of google and the forums search engine I been unable to find a solution. Although I found one person with the same question, the answer was simply "There shouldn't be a problem."

(This whole problem concerns XSE and Advance Map)

The problem is that I've made this quite big script consisting of 250 lines, which i'm not sure is completely working, and I'm trying to compile it in my ROM. I've tried the most used ways of compiling that worked for me when I had to use it for message scripts, but the ways I tried it is by clicking the gears, and the batch compile tool. I already loaded the rom in XSE.
I also tried to put both the offset i used after #dynamic and the offset the compile-menu gave me with the @start.

When I insert the script offset, and I open it, the script consist of an line, followed by #org 0xOFFSET.

Sorry for asking the question that is asked a million times, but search engines don't give me a valid answer. If I need to be any clearer, just ask me, and I'll just clarify it.

Make sure you are running XSE 1.1.1. I have had some problems with the old one not branching out and finding the other half of long scripts I have written.

Now, the @start offset must be the very first dynamic offset in your script (which I am sure you know). Take the offset given to you by XSE and put it in A-map. Verify that it is the exact same number, just preceded by a '$'.

If just checking for mistakes doesn't work, please post the script for us to look at. (Please use
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Karatekid, thanks, the script is now compiled!

I now have another problem. -_-
When I insert the right offset in Advance Map, and i click on open script, the offset that opens in XSE is different.
Example: The offset in AM is 7209382, then I click open script, and the offset changes to 2093872.
Any solutions for this problem? Thanks in advance.

karatekid552

Years
Karatekid, thanks, the script is now compiled!

I now have another problem. -_-
When I insert the right offset in Advance Map, and i click on open script, the offset that opens in XSE is different.
Example: The offset in AM is 7209382, then I click open script, and the offset changes to 2093872.
Any solutions for this problem? Thanks in advance.

Why are your offsets in the ram?:)

Offsets in the game need to be xxxxxx (6 characters). The only way they should be different is if you are specifying which part of the ram they are in, which you don't need to do. (This is why 08 is put in front of offsets, it specifies that the location is in the rom.)

So, go back and find the proper offset that you compiled. It should look like $XXXXXX in A-map and 0xXXXXXX in XSE. Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Why are your offsets in the ram?:)

Offsets in the game need to be xxxxxx (6 characters). The only way they should be different is if you are specifying which part of the ram they are in, which you don't need to do. (This is why 08 is put in front of offsets, it specifies that the location is in the rom.)

So, go back and find the proper offset that you compiled. It should look like $XXXXXX in A-map and 0xXXXXXX in XSE. Good luck.

I don't know if it is normal, but with your help i found it out. The problem was i copied the offset because i'm very lazy instead of just typing it over, and it seems like copying adds an random 7 to the offset, making it a character too big. You're really helpfull! :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Do you know how to use Sappy for other games?
It displays:
Couldn't find the song table. This game probably doesn't use M4A at all, or at least a different version.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

if i change some maps in AM (for example the 6.6, Verdanturf town inner), it change also the 2.1 (Oldale town inner). The same for 90% of Pokemon centers. Is there a way to separate this two maps or i need to add a new map in a free space of the bank?

Thanks a lot

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
How do I stop this from happening? It's on an upper level, because of that the player isnt covered by the tree like they normally would be on a lower level.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I want to get into rom hacking. Or more accurately, I want to work on making a Pokémon game.
Is there a single program to do this, like RPG Maker, or is it a series of different programs?
I kind of want to take a part one of the DS games and build a new game.

karatekid552

Years
I want to get into rom hacking. Or more accurately, I want to work on making a Pokémon game.
Is there a single program to do this, like RPG Maker, or is it a series of different programs?
I kind of want to take a part one of the DS games and build a new game.

If you want to hack, read the tutorial section. If you want to make your own game, go to the game development form to learn about rpg maker, pokemon essentials, etc. DS hacking is tough as there aren't a lot of programs yet for everything, but it gets easier everyday. You can check it out in the toolbox and the tutorial section.

The best tool for rom hacking of gba games right now is Pokemon Game Editor. It can download most of the other tools you will need as well as having a lot of built in tools that are really good.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

if i change some maps in AM (for example the 6.6, Verdanturf town inner), it change also the 2.1 (Oldale town inner). The same for 90% of Pokemon centers. Is there a way to separate this two maps or i need to add a new map in a free space of the bank?

Thanks a lot

I up my question becaus is in the other page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back