• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possible leak on 2chan/reddit of starter evos

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I'm gonna chime in and say that this is probably fake. And I want it to be fake. I'd rather not have a subtype trio at all. Plus, if they're going to make Froakie's evos Water/Fighting, then why not just make Poliwag the water starter.

That's a really hollow argument there are heaps of Pokemon with the same types as starter Pokemon. Swampert/Wishcash/Gastradon/Palpitoed ,Bulbasaur line/ Bellsprout line, Bulbasuar line/ and Oddish line i think that is it an either way Poliwag is amazing and everyone would be lucky if it was a starter.

I will feel very at home with a Water/fighting type so I would be very happy if this turns out to be true.

It would be like Poliwrath number 2, as you guys can imagine Poliwrath is a Pokemon that i have and will continue to use many times.

Fire/psychic I'm not that excited about I'm really not that huge of a psychic types i like a few but not one of my favorite types.

Grass Dark I'm pretty excited about i think it is a pretty decent type layout i have used Cacturne and i was a fan so I'm pretty happy in general.

But as you guys can imagine i will go Froakie

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't mind if it was true, but it may be fake. We'll have to wait for actual confirmation from Nintendo/ Game Freak to be 100% sure.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Too good to be true, sadly. xD

'Cause here's the thing, the name "Fernox" is already trademarked by some other company for their cleaning products, so that does prove that it only made up and made so that fans would be fooled by something like that, 4chan is like that with their image boards.

I would've been speculating something like "Psyfennic" for Fennekin's final evolution rather than "Fernox".

But ah well, let's see what they'll reveal later on in the year, I think it's too soon for The Pokémon Company to reveal the information about the final evolutions, 'cause they usually reveal the final evolutions after they've shown many features in the game as well as the other new Pokémon that are going to be in the game. We've got until October 2013, it's a looooong time before they ever get to release the game, so to keep the excitement up, they wouldn't reveal that stuff too soon, otherwise if they reveal everything too soon... it keeps the excitement down. xD

Yep, way too soon for the final evolutions. But that won't stop us speculating. :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
What makes me doubt this at the most is that all of this information about new Pokémon, specifically the legendary Pokémon, are said to be revealed within this week. If that's so, then that's a lot of new information to put out with nine months left to go. Information that is usually revealed at a much later time.

But going with it, it seems too good to be true. The starter names I like a lot, and the typing for each of them are pretty spot on to what many are speculating them to be. Which is why it would seem easy to fabricate something like this.

I like the idea of a Finch Pokémon, and based on the English names, they're definitely a play on the theory about the genetics theory and basing the forms off of the male and female chromosomes.

What bugs me is that from the list of the new legendary types, Fire and Rock seem to be used twice. I mean, I could see them trying to go for a triangular balance, but to use the same two types for two separate legendaries, and make a possible second trio like in Gen V, seems a bit... much? Also, not too keen on a railway or train Pokémon. I keep picturing Season 4 of Digimon with this idea.

I suppose time will only tell, but if it turns out true, I won't be opposed to it. I'm liking what I see, just doubtful for now.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I cannot contain my excitement at this (possible) leak! I really like everything I'm seeing here... especially Fire/Psychic! I like being weak/strong against the other starters :33 Makes things much more interesting. AND THE TRIOS OMG! Can't wait n__________n

*fangirl*

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
'Cause here's the thing, the name "Fernox" is already trademarked by some other company for their cleaning products, so that does prove that it only made up and made so that fans would be fooled by something like that, 4chan is like that with their image boards.

That's pretty funny. I've heard people say that the new legendaries' names sound like antidepressants.

Back OT, I always play water as my starter, but I might end up going grass this time around. Dark>water IMO.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I hope this is fake because:

1) Chespin looks nothing like it could evolve into a Grass/Dark type, more like Grass/Ground

2) Dark and Psychic were formally special-based moves, and all the other secondary types in the past were formally physical-based, which makes it a pattern

3) Dark/Pyschic/Fighting is an unbalanced type cycle because Dark is immune to Psychic, unlike Grass/Fire/Water, where all three can hit each other supper effectively and not very effectively even as dual types

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Too good to be true, sadly. xD

Nice catch. Most people wouldn't think to check to see if these names are already trademarked.

I think it is clearly Fake. But, that is the fun of this time between games!!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Not quite, unless they change Psychic -> Dark immunity.
But if it's true then banzai, finally not Fire/Fighting starter...
Even though Dark is immune to Psychic, with the way this potential leak has been set up, it's still all pretty balanced in terms of each starter being strong and weak against one another.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
While I'm still partial to the idea of Froakie becoming a Water/Dark burglar I'm warming to the idea of Water/Fighting since the idea came to me that the bubbles could form a cape or some such. SUPER HERO POKEMON, GUYS.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
The list also references legendary trios, which also happen to be type triangles.

Grass Zeruneasu? ? ?
Iberutaru flame? ? ?
Zanaruoru rock / Zanarol ·? ? ?

Private railway steel / Dereyn
Runaseki rock / Lunyrite
Sikasso flame / Stapyre

Steel beats Rock beats Flame beats Steel beats Rock etc.,

That's an odd translation. Anyone know why?

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
That's an odd translation. Anyone know why?

Its poor translation, obviously. Not everyone who tries to translates things on the internet knows everything there is to know about Japanese. It's probably a mistranslation from slang or something, maybe some sort of onomatopoeia.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Information from 2chan and Reddit is *usually* pretty unreliable/wrong. I wouldn't mind those typings for the evos, but I'm not going to assume that's what we're getting until a reliable source confirms it 100%.

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
While I'm still partial to the idea of Froakie becoming a Water/Dark burglar I'm warming to the idea of Water/Fighting since the idea came to me that the bubbles could form a cape or some such. SUPER HERO POKEMON, GUYS.

If Froakie is a secondary dark, it would definitely explain the big yellow eyes.

Flydro

doobz
Years

Personally I'd rather if Froakie became a Water/Dark type, it would make for a much more interesting frog pokemon imo. I'm totally against it becoming a Water/Fighting type because we already have Poliwrath and I think they should let Froakie develop into a different type of frog instead of trying to make up for what Poliwrath is lacking. We have three different frogs: Poliwrath, Toxicroak and Seismitoad so I think Game Freak should go a new route with Froakie. I think the game could use a better Water/Fighting type, but there would be too many parallels to Poliwrath for Froakie's evo to have the same type combo so hey should save that type combo for a better suited pokemon. If Froakie doesn't become Water/Dark then maybe Water/Flying could work to suit the cloud cape around it's neck. Or better yet if they can't come up with anything different then just keep it pure Water type!

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
Personally I'd rather if Froakie became a Water/Dark type, it would make for a much more interesting frog pokemon imo. I'm totally against it becoming a Water/Fighting type because we already have Poliwrath and I think they should let Froakie develop into a different type of frog instead of trying to make up for what Poliwrath is lacking. We have three different frogs: Poliwrath, Toxicroak and Seismitoad so I think Game Freak should go a new route with Froakie. I think the game could use a better Water/Fighting type, but there would be too many parallels to Poliwrath for Froakie's evo to have the same type combo so hey should save that type combo for a better suited pokemon. If Froakie doesn't become Water/Dark then maybe Water/Flying could work to suit the cloud cape around it's neck. Or better yet if they can't come up with anything different then just keep it pure Water type!

Poliwrath isn't technically a frog, but I do get where you are coming from.

Updated the translation in the OP and provided a better image. I do think this may be true, but I suppose we shall find out sooner or later. Less believable things have been true from the days of pre 5th gen release speculation.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Interesting, this says that the Y is Dark/??? and X is Grass/???. Assuming this is true, which is a stretch, we might be getting new types.

As for the credibility of the rest of the information, its a pretty well made hoax if it is indeed one. It gives out little enough information that it can pass for a leaked "teaser". It even appears to hold some information back (which isn't very typical of teasers). It also boldly gives out concrete statements, such as the names, which would be among the first things to be revealed and thus would be easy to verify. Version-dependent evolutions is certainly GameFreak-esque.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Mm... right.

This isn't even the first "leak" of the starter evos I've seen today.

For a bit of amusement, search "pokemon starter evos." You'll not only find multiple, and conflicting, "leaks" of the next starter evos, but some really outlandish "leaks" of the previous gens.

Back