• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Honestly I'm not sure if it would be a new form though. I realize that you're combining two Pokémon similar to Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, but it states that it's one original dragon. So what dragon would it be a form of, typing, etc? If it were just to be a new form then I'd agree that it wouldn't be added, but it's possible it could be considered an entirely different dragon.

It wouldn't be able to exist in the Pokedex either since it involves a fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom similar to how Kyurem does. If anything B Kyurem and W Kyurem are supposed to take that Dragon's place. Since it involves two Pokemon we already know, already have a method of possible form change, and know Stats can change with form changes. If its a new Pokemon, it wouldn't be associated with the old ones in the same way we know it to. It would have to exist without the two of them fusing and being taken out of the data for the team.

There are too many holes open now to continue with the complete closure to the Unova series games. If they wanted to include the Dragon they would have done so in B2W2, instead we got a fake Kyurem version.

That also boarders on Digimon Territory. While Kyurem opened that controversial can of worms, I don't see Game Freak following up further than that.

Gen 6 is going to focus around Yveltal and Xerneas and who ever if anyone they decide to tag along with those two. Those three will be tied into the Genetics theme unless the Legends don't play an important role with the story like Gens 1 and 2. They hardly ever focus on past legends outside of added relations, but that would still mean that the Original Dragon would have to be treated as a separate being allowing you to collect all of the dragons in one party (which is not possible in Generation 5 as they locked it so that Kyurem forms cannot be traded and you cannot get more than one Kyurem form in one game through use of the Key Item. A small issue that may if not should carry into Gen 6 meaning you still cannot fuse all three Dragons into 1 Dragon using Kyurem's Key Item.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It wouldn't be able to exist in the Pokedex either since it involves a fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom similar to how Kyurem does. If anything B Kyurem and W Kyurem are supposed to take that Dragon's place. Since it involves two Pokemon we already know, already have a method of possible form change, and know Stats can change with form changes. If its a new Pokemon, it wouldn't be associated with the old ones in the same way we know it to. It would have to exist without the two of them fusing and being taken out of the data for the team.

There are too many holes open now to continue with the complete closure to the Unova series games. If they wanted to include the Dragon they would have done so in B2W2, instead we got a fake Kyurem version.

That also boarders on Digimon Territory. While Kyurem opened that controversial can of worms, I don't see Game Freak following up further than that.

Gen 6 is going to focus around Yveltal and Xerneas and who ever if anyone they decide to tag along with those two. Those three will be tied into the Genetics theme unless the Legends don't play an important role with the story like Gens 1 and 2. They hardly ever focus on past legends outside of added relations, but that would still mean that the Original Dragon would have to be treated as a separate being allowing you to collect all of the dragons in one party (which is not possible in Generation 5 as they locked it so that Kyurem forms cannot be traded and you cannot get more than one Kyurem form in one game through use of the Key Item. A small issue that may if not should carry into Gen 6 meaning you still cannot fuse all three Dragons into 1 Dragon using Kyurem's Key Item.)

That'll do it. Part of the flaw with my logic probably has to do with my lack of interest in B2/W2, so how Black and White Kyurem actually functioned wasn't perfectly known for me! However I agree with you in general that Gen 6 shouldn't focus on previous legends, and more than likely won't.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They could always make a second fusion device to allow for all three to fuse into a whole new pokemon. It can be the master of the Tao trio (though by fusion) so it could be like the Lugia/Regigigas of the generation, even generations due tend to introduce masters to trios, since the Muskeeter's have Cobalion, and the Kami have an internal master like the Weather trio that would leave the Tao trio as the only available option, unless Kyurem was the master, which I guess is possible.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They could always make a second fusion device to allow for all three to fuse into a whole new pokemon. It can be the master of the Tao trio (though by fusion) so it could be like the Lugia/Regigigas of the generation, even generations due tend to introduce masters to trios, since the Muskeeter's have Cobalion, and the Kami have an internal master like the Weather trio that would leave the Tao trio as the only available option, unless Kyurem was the master, which I guess is possible.

It can't be a Master of them if it is them. It wouldn't be anything like Lugia/Regigigas' relationship as the Pokemon its supposed to govern would not exist while it itself exists, minus the possibility of Kyurem. Creating a Second Fusion device would interrupt the older one, meaning if you activate one, you can't get the other unless Kyurem isn't involved, even still its possible they'll code it so that you can't have a Kyurem Form AND a Reshiram/Zekrom fusion.

All that a side, Unova is over, they serve no point in bringing it back up when Unova plays little to no part in the new games. Since the Dragon originates in Unova, and Unova isn't the main area, they wouldn't have any reason to add it in. If they were going to add it in it would have been done during the B2W2 games. Or they would have released a third game set before X and Y.

The Original Dragon doesn't exist anymore and Kyurem's Forms are the supposed replacements even though both are artificial halves to it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yet another rumor from 4chan has popped up, and this one contradicts Mr. XY's info. Here's the original texture:

Spoiler:

And here's the translation:

Spoiler:

As a bonus, the rumor also included the starter evolutions:

Spoiler:

Translation:
Spoiler:

This is perhaps the most believable rumor I've ever read, but the inclusion of Genesect's new forme and the original dragon makes it sound suspicious, although they did create Regigigas, who was the golem trio's ring leader depsite the trio being 3rd gen Pokemon.

Again... I'm not going to believe anything that comes from 4chan, no matter how believable it looks.

'Cause looks are deceiving~

OK, let me take a look at this, hm... a new Genesect forme sounds very unlikely, but a new Pokémon where Genesect was cloned from sounds more of a possibility than a new forme. Like how Mewtwo was cloned from Mew.

Starter evolutions?! Way too early! It isn't even June yet, we still have a long time to go. This proves that it's false. xD

And the new Pokémon mentioned sounds false 'cause of the poor Japanese writing, most likely translated from English into Japanese to make it sound like it's Japanese, and those type of people on 4chan are like "Hey look everyone! I work for Game Freak and I've got new Pokémon information the starters evolutions." xD

And then those type of people on 4chan become the spotlight of attention.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

But Ghetsis got away in the end, which means Unova still hasn't given a proper closure until he's finished with his schemes, just like how they gave Giovanni a proper closure after you defeated him in the Celebi event from HG/SS. So perhaps the Original Dragon's inclusion from that rumor may have to do with his return post-game.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
What's with 4chan rumours. I don't remember So many of them in the past ? A Sudden interest in Pokemon ?
On Topic, that's another fake. There is no way someone would have That much info.

Years
That translation needs a little polishing.

Gym Leader:
> Ichou - Silk Badge (Bug)
> Nazuna Terracotta Badge (Ground)
> Kisage - Focus Badge (Psychic)
> Sanza - Hazard Badge (Poison)
> Taragon - Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
> Reishi - Remnant Badge (Ghost)
> Kinma - Platinum Badge (Steel)
> Kotton - Chaos Badge (Dark)

Elite Four and Champion:
> Kumotsu (Flying)
> Ganpi (Rock)
> Saikachi (Electric)
> Sumire (Grass)
> Fuyugaki (Fire, Ice)

Legendary Pokemon:
> Boruzuniru (Steel/Flying)
> Virumegu (Dragon/Poison)
> Zeruneasu (Psychic/Ground)
> Iberutaru (Fighting/Flying)
> Zedorashiru (Ghost/Grass)
> Rozetanon (Rock/Psychic)
> Original Dragon legendary Totairumu (Dragon), Unova's legendary original dragon (Reshiram + Zekrom, + Kyurem)
> New Form of Genesect "Proto Form" (Bug/Rock), Signature move: "Megalo Cannon"

>Harimaron -> Harimarou -> Hariyazutsu (Grass/Fighting)
>Fokko -> Fokusuna -> Kitsunahara (Fire/Ground)
>Keromatsu -> Ekerokero -> Raierun (Water/Electric)
The Japanese looks plausible to me. The character names all seem to have the expected associations with their types (Ichou has 'chou' in it, which means butterfly, etc.) and seem to be the names of plants, though I'd have to do a bit of checking on all of them to be more certain.

The Pokemon names also seem plausible enough. If it's fake, it's not a bad fake. I'd say that this was certainly made by someone with at least a decent understanding of Japanese if not someone actually Japanese.

Sean

Years
I can't tell the gender whatsoever with those rumour names.

Although, this game I want a female champion for once again, Cynthia was pretty awesome.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But Ghetsis got away in the end, which means Unova still hasn't given a proper closure until he's finished with his schemes, just like how they gave Giovanni a proper closure after you defeated him in the Celebi event from HG/SS. So perhaps the Original Dragon's inclusion from that rumor may have to do with his return post-game.

All of the bad guys get away without proper closure. None of them have ever been captured and the Giovanni thing doesn't happen in the original games and is a side story that isn't considered Canon since you need to participate in an event to activate it.

As far as the games are concerned though, all of them have been closed when the bad guys were thwarted.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I don't see why all of the fanart of Froakie evolutions have some kind of mustache.
Froakie doesn't have a mustache, it has spectacles made of bubbles!
It also has hair and a cravat made of bubbles. In fact...

froakie-291x300.jpg
ben_franklin2.jpg

C'mon, I can't be the only one who sees this!

Years
I agree with you Chesu, when I saw Froakie I instantly thought of a 1700's librarian or composer or something. Although I have no clue how Gamefreak would be able to continue the glasses theme for the evolutions without it staying pretty much the same. (so that's why I'm guessing it's a mustache)

If they are spectacles, the evolutions will be REALLY interesting!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
All of the bad guys get away without proper closure. None of them have ever been captured and the Giovanni thing doesn't happen in the original games and is a side story that isn't considered Canon since you need to participate in an event to activate it.

As far as the games are concerned though, all of them have been closed when the bad guys were thwarted.

Wouldn't the original games be marked as non-canon because of the remakes?

Also, Maxie and Archie gave up their evil deeds after you stopped Kyogre and Groudon and become part of the good guys, and Cyrus is forever trapped in the distortion world with no way to escape to the real world (a fitting end for pretty much any villain who is that insane). Ghetsis, on the other hand, got away with everything because of the Shadow Triad, which caused speculations for BW3 (from BMGF that is). I've seen some people wanting him return, so he could get the proper punishment he deserved.

I agree with you Chesu, when I saw Froakie I instantly thought of a 1700's librarian or composer or something. Although I have no clue how Gamefreak would be able to continue the glasses theme for the evolutions without it staying pretty much the same. (so that's why I'm guessing it's a mustache)

If they are spectacles, the evolutions will be REALLY interesting!

Well according to thr Japanese rumor regrding Froakie's Water/Electric typing, he's suppose to be based off of Benjamin Franklin.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wouldn't the original games be marked as non-canon because of the remakes?

Also, Maxie and Archie gave up their evil deeds after you stopped Kyogre and Groudon and become part of the good guys, and Cyrus is forever trapped in the distortion world with no way to escape to the real world (a fitting end for pretty much any villain who is that insane). Ghetsis, on the other hand, got away with everything because of the Shadow Triad, which caused speculations for BW3 (from BMGF that is). I've seen some people wanting him return, so he could get the proper punishment he deserved.

No Remakes would be Non-Canon/Alternate reality as they usually change some aspects to contradict
originals. Original versions are always Canon and trump any remakes seeing as they are the original story.

Archie and Maxie: They acknowledge that what they did was wrong and "Say" they are turning themselves in, but there is no proof that they do. Its just suspected that they went to jail. There is no proof that Cyrus was left in the Distortion World in Platinum, he also was not in the Distortion world in the original set of games so according to the originals for Gen 4, Cyrus is still at large. Ghetsis gave up when Kyurem was defeated and was forced to run away by the Shadow Triad after he himself lost.

A few quotes of Maxie and Archie when they release their Super Ancient Pokemon.

Archie in Ruby:
"Do you understand now, Maxie? Do you finally see how disastrous your dream turned out to be? We have to hurry! We have to do something before the situation goes completely out of control! <player>... We, Team Aqua, had been pursuing Team Magma to prevent this from happening. You've been very helpful, but I fear the worst has happened... It's gone too far for a child like you to manage... Leave things to us, and get out of here while you still can! This defies belief... A super-ancient Pokémon... Its power is unbelievable. It has upset the balance of nature..."

Plays the good guy role and tries to make Maxie see the error of his ways and goes off to try to stop what happened. Nothing is shown of his afterwards, though in Ruby Team Aqua were Anti-Heros as they were bad guys fighting to thwarts the evil deeds that threatened the balance already there through their own means which usually broke the law.

Archie in Sapphire:
"What happened... What is this wretched scene... Did I... make a horrible mistake? I... I only wanted..."

Emotional break down after seeing Kyogre lose control. Nothing after that.

Archie in Emerald:
"Kyogre and Groudon both flew off to who knows where. The weather in Hoenn has returned to its normal state... Haha... Hahaha... Maybe what we were trying to do was something small, even meaningless, to Pokémon..."

Realized that what he was doing seemed meaningless. Doesn't say that they'd stop or that they'd give up.

Maxie uses the same lines up to Emerald:
"So the super-ancient Pokémon weren't only Groudon and Kyogre... After all our frantic scheming and fruitless efforts, that one Pokémon's simple action puts everything right again as if nothing had happened... Fu... Fuhahaha..."

He's talking about how Rayquaza undid all their work.

Either way neither of them apparently turned themselves in like I thought. Maxie can still be found on Mt. Pyre and all he says is the players name. They disband like all evil teams do, but both are still at large.

Cyrus from Pearl/Diamond:
"What is truly ultimate to you? What do you consider perfection? The most important thing... What shines the brightest... Telling you is meaningless. But I will not give up. I will become a deity one day... And I will make the ultimate mine..."

He didn't give up and disappears with Mars and them. Still hell bent on creating his perfect world.

In Platinum:
"Silence! Enough of your blathering! That's how you justify spirit as something worthwhile?! That is merely humans hoping, deluding themselves that they are happy and safe! The emotions roiling inside me... Rage, hatred, frustration... These ugly emotions arise because of my own incomplete spirit! ...Enough. We will never see eye to eye. This, I promise you. I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit."

Again he continues with his attempt to recreate the world. Doesn't really say he was trapped in the distortion world, especially since he leaves the area before Cynthia comes back to take you home. Cyrus could have easily left before you or found another way out like the ruins where you find Giratina in D/P.

Giovanni's based on HG/SS shows that he had every intention of recreating Team Rocket. When the player foils him, he throws a fit of rage before leaving. While he may have gone off to train more, very little is said about what he planned for the future. He didn't take the defeat very well though. Similar to Ghetsis' rage at being beaten by children twice. The possibility of Cyrus, Ghetsis, and Giovanni still being obsessed with their respective teams is very high. Maxie and Archie, as stated before in the Remake thread, can find alternate reasons for starting their plans back up with more secure means of controlling the super ancient legends.

Since none of the leaders were effectively arrested, they are still free to roam around and build bigger and better plans for world conquest.

All of them were still left open with unanswered questions, and at the same time the effective stories were closed upon climax for each respective games.

Kinda wouldn't be too surprised in two of the hell bent ones make a return with the new bad guys in X and Y. Seems perfect for Ghetsis and Giovanni since both of them dealt in genetic manipulation of specific legendaries. Cyrus wouldn't fit as well, but there is always the chance that he can recreate a new world using the new legends. Though I personally doubt any of them will make a come back, the thought is still there.

Water/Electric Froakie..........Interesting, though he'll most undoubtedly lose the Benjamin look in his second stage. Still personally hope for Water/Flying.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can see Cyrus, Giovanni (wait since the originals are the canon ones it would mean he gave up...or simply vanished forever), and Ghetsis returning but not Archie and Maxie. Specially considering Galactic, and Rocket were mentioned by Plasma but not Aqua and Magma. Also the best proof they did give up is that they returned the stolen orb (in RS), they could've kept it, and simply have said sorry, bye.

Anyways I think it'll be best if we had another original team rather than a league of past villains, as Ghetsis returning would make it seem like the orignal dragon should appear (as his presence could symbolize them completion of Unova's legend which Plasma always aimmed after) and if it didn't but he did it'll seem odd tbh.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't see why all of the fanart of Froakie evolutions have some kind of mustache.
Froakie doesn't have a mustache, it has spectacles made of bubbles!
It also has hair and a cravat made of bubbles. In fact...

froakie-291x300.jpg
ben_franklin2.jpg

C'mon, I can't be the only one who sees this!

I sort of agree with you and sort of don't. I think the beard looking thing might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back