• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I think you should restart the whole game as Alphas are released just to show gameplay and not to be played like you are playing the whole game. But I think it would be safe if you would save in your room, apply the alpha 2 and play on. When Alpha 3 is released or any latest update is released, do it again. I think it would be safe.

ChaosRush said some vars have been changed from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2, so it's best to start new game, so the game can run as it should.

ZakTheManaic

Zak The Awesome Maniac
Years
Ok so I got alpha 2.2 but when I save, It wont save and says put in back up memory......what do I do lol.......By the way when this rom comes out this is the first thing im playing because this looks fantastic. Gen 1 isn't my fave but this would be worth playing. I also noticed how great the sound is man it sounds like its own game! Thumbs up for ChaosRush. I figured out the save thing so never mind ill just use slave state lol but great game so far just got to pewter city

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
The attacks so cool!!! dude please show a download link there!

Please, don't fail to read the first post.
Chaos Rush said:
Downloads:
(5/27/13) Alpha 2.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zx...etAlpha2_2.ips NEWEST
(5/26/13) Alpha 2.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j3...etAlpha2_1.ips
(5/26/13) Alpha 2.0: -link taken down-
(1/6/13) Alpha 1.0: -link taken down-

You can get Honchkrow in this game?

Maybe. You can get a Murkrow right? I think Chaos Rush edited the Pokemon(s) first before he edited the maps.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
You can get Honchkrow in this game?
Yes. You can get other Gen IV Pokemon too; all Pokemon that are related to Gen I Pokemon by evolution are in the new Kanto Dex. Meaning you can use Pokemon like Glaceon and Magmortar.

For Honchkrow however, the Dusk Stone won't be available until you reach Celadon City.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hahahah! Just reached the end of Alpha 2.

What's up with:
Spoiler:

Ahahahah! So fun!

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
will there be still any alpha 3 or alpha 4? i dont really wanna play in-development version.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
This is already my favourite hack! The graphics are beautiful, the music is perfect and the storyline has a twist which makes it unique! Don't give up on this hack, ever! I can't wait until it's completed!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
will there be still any alpha 3 or alpha 4? i dont really wanna play in-development version.
The next release will be Beta 1, which will go up to Saffron City.

After that will be Beta 2, which will contain the entire game.

After that will be the final release, which will just be called, "Pokémon DarkViolet", which will basically be Beta 2 but with any bug fixes and minor last-minute additions/changes/fixes.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
The next release will be Beta 1, which will go up to Saffron City.

After that will be Beta 2, which will contain the entire game.

After that will be the final release, which will just be called, "Pokémon DarkViolet", which will basically be Beta 2 but with any bug fixes and minor last-minute additions/changes/fixes.

I must ask, will there be any inclusion of the Sevii islands, or some form of new areas to explore?

Years
Dude the game is so awesome!!!
But I found a bug and don't know what to do about it.
After the first time you fought against Team Rocket and Kamon (in Viridian City) I took the Route 23 to challege Blue for the 2nd time. But as soon as I enter the route the "Pokédex" and "Pokémon" headings disappear from the menu!!! I still got my pokemon with me because I go to the Pokecenter and they heal them. But there's no way for looking they're status, neither the pokédex.
Also ALL wild Pokemon disappear, I don't find any wild pokemon even though I walk in tall grass for hours and hours.
I have restarted my game because of this and always happens the same :(
Please fix it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Dude the game is so awesome!!!
But I found a bug and don't know what to do about it.
After the first time you fought against Team Rocket and Kamon (in Viridian City) I took the Route 23 to challege Blue for the 2nd time. But as soon as I enter the route the "Pokédex" and "Pokémon" headings disappear from the menu!!! I still got my pokemon with me because I go to the Pokecenter and they heal them. But there's no way for looking they're status, neither the pokédex.
Also ALL wild Pokemon disappear, I don't find any wild pokemon even though I walk in tall grass for hours and hours.
I have restarted my game because of this and always happens the same :(
Please fix it.
Sounds to me like you have cheat codes on.

Play the game without cheat codes, and everything should work just fine. If not, then find a different FireRed ROM.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Unbelievable. I've been absent trying to complete the dex on Red/Yellow with my brother playing Blue and in the nick of time you release an alpha 2.

So now I shall download and play. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Sounds to me like you have cheat codes on.

Play the game without cheat codes, and everything should work just fine. If not, then find a different FireRed ROM.

He did not use any cheat codes because it happened to me as well.
The bug will appear if you enter route 23. The pokedex will disappear, you can re-battle trainers, you cannot encouter wild pokemon and more bugs.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
He did not use any cheat codes because it happened to me as well.
The bug will appear if you enter route 23. The pokedex will disappear, you can re-battle trainers, you cannot encouter wild pokemon and more bugs.

How the hell did you enter Route 23? Route 23 is blocked until you have 8 Badges, and Alpha 2 doesn't even have any warps that lead to there. Did you mean Route 22?

EDIT: I just tried on hardware exactly what Soldier Randy said, and encountered no such glitches. Idk what to tell you guys other than try a different FireRed ROM.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I do have one problem with this game.

The stat attacks that are constantly being used, and paralyzing, sleeping the enemy uses drags teh game out and make thngs a bit boring. Perhaps this is why GF did not make the AI so strong.

Getting through Viridian Forest was a real pain in the ass.

Back