• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
A hack of Pokemon Heart Gold, with levels that actually work, extra battles, (lyra actually will battle you on occasion if you speak to her on the OW, trust me, the extra EXP is worth it), More wild Pokemon, not all 493, but much more variety so that by time you face Falkner your team isn't Starter/Mareep/Pidgy, more Gender Differences, many wild Pokemon hold items now and most items are quite useful so make sure someone knows theif/covet,and Special OW battles with wild pokemon (some are shiny and/or rare).

Moves Have been Changed
MegaPunch\Kick are now Fighting
Feint is a physical Aura Sphere
Strength is a Fighting type attack that may boost DEF
Cut is a Bug type attack with chance of Flinch
Horn Drill (now Ground), Sheer Cold, Petal Dance, Outrage, Guillotine(now water), Zap Cannon, and Dynamic Punch are all elemental Double-Edges
Fissure is now Level Ground
Crush Claw is Rock
Magma Storm is an Elemental Earthquake with less power but traps, and has been distributed to more Pokemon.
Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, and Bind(now Grass) have more power.
RazorWind is now a Flying type Twister with more power
Crush Grip is now a 120 BP move with high Flinch rate learned by more pokemon
Hyper Beam/Giga Impact got boosted to 200 BP
Seed Flare and Aura Sphere are learned by more pokemon
Double Hit is Dark
U-Turn is now a bug-type Baton Pass
The Elemental Hyper Beams are now 90BP moves with 100% accuracy, and a Rage-Effect, aka, they get more powerful each time you've been hit
Rock Blast is now like Knock Down
and more I can't remember atm.

Also Trade Evo Pokemon No longer need Trade (but still can)
Kadabra-Lv 40, or Lv up with TwistedSpoon
Machoke-Lv45, or Lv up with Blackbelt
Haunter-Lv45, or Lv up with SpellTag
Gravler-Lv45, or Lv up with Hard Rock
Poliwhirl to Politoad-Lv up with King's Rock
Slowpoke-Based on Personality like Wurmple
Electebuzz-Lv up with Electrizer, or Level up Knowing Volt Tackle
Magmar-Lv up with Magmizer, or Level up knowing Magma Storm
Eevee-Sun Stone to Espeon, Moon Stone to Umbreon, Leaf Stone to Leafeon, Dawn Stone to Glacion.
Onix-Lv 45, or Lv up with Metal Coat
Scyther-Lv 40, or Lv up with Metal Coat
Porygon-Lv up knowing Conversion, or holding Up-Grade
Rhydon-Lv64, or Lv up with Protecter
Duskclops-Lv50, or Lv up with Reaper's Cloth
Porygon-2-Lv up knowing Conversion 2, or Lv up with Duious Disc
Yanma-Lv up knowing Dragon Dance

Most friendship evolutions have other stipulations now.
The baby Pokemon will either evolve via Max Happyness, or Lv 20.
Chansey and Golbat either take Happiness or Lv 50
Roselia evolves at lv 38 now too.

Also Opinions, The Johto Gym Leader teams are as follows
Falkner:Murkrow-14, Hoothoot-13, Pidgeotto-15
Bugsy:Scyther-20, Ledian-19, Ariados-19
Whitney:Clefairy-23, Snubble-23, Miltank-25
Morty:Duskull-28, Haunter-27, Misdreavus-28, Gengar-29
Chuck:Machoke-32, Primeape-33, Hairyama-34, Poliwrath-36
Jasmine:Skarmory-39, Magneton-40, Mawile-39, Steelix-42
Pryce:Sneasel-43, Glalie-44, Dewgong-42, Glaceon-43, Piloswine-45
Claire:Gyrados-47, Yanmega-48, Rhydon-49, Dragonair-45, Altaria-48, Kingdra-50

Do they seemed balanced? There are plenty of training opportunitys available so grinding isn't required.

Also, once I get Beta 1 up, some Pokemon to look for that may help out:
Budew-Rt29
Taillow-Rt29
Yanma-Rt30
Elekid-Rt32
Shinx-Rt32
And the starters are available, but i'll keep their locations secret, suffice to say most require the radio to find...
Screenies
iaza18890024401600.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
This looks like it could be pretty good. I love the fact that you get to battle Lyra. Hopefully you can fix the error in the original HG and actually make Marill evolve into Azumarill at some point?

Also, Pryce has had a massive level increase; in the originals, his team were probably such low levels because you could face him straight after Morty if you wanted to. It might therefore be a good idea to block Mahogany off until the first 6 badges are obtained or something?

Oh, and there are some typos in the new dialogue; Marill is spelt incorrectly, and you really need a full stop or at least some sort of break between 'I'm headed back to New Bark' and 'see ya!', but these are pretty minor issues :)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I am actually planning to Block Mahogony off until the lighthouse ordeal is fixed, atm the High Levels out that way are the deterent for players to stay away.

I'm going to fix those typo's before the 1st Beta's release, which will get you to Violet City, and all the events there.

But for some reason my Applymovement doesn't apply the movement, instead they just dissapear, despite being the proper movements and everything, got to look into that.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Are you forced to talk to Lyra or can you just walk past ?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
When you see Lyra on route 29
Shouldnt she have her marill out ?

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Sort of, I have it set to when she is battling she doesn't have it out, so you can tell beforehand if your encounter will be a fighting one or not (kinda like how Maril isn't with her in New Bark when you are accused of being the theif)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Like the Gym Leader level placement. Makes it feels more of a challenge (even though Clair in the actual HGSS game was a little tricky for me.) Hope Silver (your main rival) gets the same treatment; he was so easy to beat in all those battles against him...

Last edited:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Well his team changes more

His Gastly becomes a Teddiursa, and his Manemite a Mareep (whose male gender has grey wool).

iaza18890097857700.png

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i can see everyone one of the gender differences except geodudes

bellsprout has wilder feet for females
caterpie and pidgey have sprite changes

is the gender difference the little rocks near geodude on the male?

either way nice job, hard to see but very obvious once you find them

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Male Geodudes are chipped here and there (resulting in the rocks around it's base, and it has deeper set eyes). Caterpie actually has 2 GDs, the pose, and look at it's rings, on females the rings are full circles.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2011
Can't wait for this one to come online
I've been longing to play pokemon HG for a while now

Are you putting in all pokémon btw?
(I know you said you wouldn't, but it would be a big plus and I don't think it's that hard to do, I mean only all pokemon up to Crystal, which is 2nd generation)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Well most are catchable, for example, slugmas are in burned tower instead of Kanto, and the Pokemon attracted by normal Radio are now mostly Pokemon not normally found in that area (eg Togepi and Pichu on Route 29 with the Radio)

The only Pokemon exempt t the moment are several shinnoh Pokemon (since they can be captured via DPt or shinnoh sounds on the radio).

Legendaries are all going to be catchable but locations are sketchy atm
Mew-???
Celebi-Ilex forest post E4 at the shrine
Regice-Ice Path
Regirock-Rock Tunnel
Registeel-Dark Cave
Opposite Lati-Dragon Shrine
Groudon-Embedded Tower
Kyogre-Out in the Johto sea somewhere
Rayquaza-???
Jirachi-???
Deoxys-Mt Moon Meteorite field
Pixies-Lake of Rage in various locations
Heatran-Cinnabar Ruins
Rotom-Your Bedroom
Regigigas-Tojo Falls secret cave
Shaymin-Viridian Forest
Manaphy-Kanto Oceans somewhere
Darkrai-Lavander town house of souls
Cresslia-Silence Bridge
Arceus-???

??? means I don't have a location yet, t's open to suggestions atm.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Completely forgot that hunk of slab... now just gotta figure out mew, rayquaza, and jirachi, how come there couldn't have been a tropical event island!? I wouldmake somthing warp there for the mew>_<!

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
kinda, but yo need a SS Kyogre to get it, so I want to make it easier to get.

I'm thinking of atop a very high place, but the highest places, the bell tower and Mt Sliver's Peak, are occupied,.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
Years
Hey, I'm slightly new to the forum (hiatus account), and I just want to say that you have some great ideas up your sleeve and I can't wait for this to be public.

One location suggestion is Mew at the same place where people could get it in Red and Blue, y'know the tile outside of Lavender town where the start menu pops up and when you press "b" you fight mew?

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
eh from what my ears in the web pick up, it's still buggy, however, making warps like in AdvMap, is quite easy, I just got to find an unsued room.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
This looks really good. I can't wait until the first beta is released.

I have a suggestion for Jirachi. How about the opening in Mt. Moon? You know, the area with the Clefairy on Mondays.

Oh, and if you don't mind I have a suggestion for Clair's team. Instead of Gyarados, a Gabite may be better suited. Yanmega could be a Vibrava, and Rhydon could be a Shelgon. With those three, she wouldn't be the only leader with Pokémon that aren't of her specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back