• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spotlight of the Month #3 - November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Skipped a couple of days, no big deal.

You've got until October 31st to vote. Let's get to it!

Games

1. Monokid
by Spherical Ice

Excerpt from the storyline:
The Essence. A mysterious, multicoloured gas that provides energy to each and every organism on the face of Fos. Without it, the entire Colour species would go extinct. However, when the people of Fos began to abuse the Essence, they slowly, unknowingly, began to kill themselves. When all looked dire, a wizard, it is said, descended from the skies, shrouded in a cloak of mystery, and trapped the Essence inside all; unable to be removed, unable to be abused. This ensured the longevity of the species.

The security of the Essence, however, was threatened when a seemingly innocuous scientist invented a machine able to extract the Essence from the Colour people and be used to make an indestructible material, aptly named Indestructite. While the scientist did not invent the extractor out of malice, once the machine fell into the hands of a group of beings known as The Painters, everything went wrong. People began to lose their Essence overnight, and, slowly, in the darkness, a new empire was being formed.

Screenshots:
9RxJu.png
wv8Dl.png

2. Pokémon Uranium
by ~JV~

Storyline:
Welcome to the region of Tandor, where waves lap at sandy beaches in the rural west and people flock to busy centers of commerce in the east. Tandor is known, among other things, for its robust and slightly different Gym Challenge, where Pokémon trainers travel the region to collect six gym badges and compete in the Tandor Regional tournament, held once a year. This tournament, one of the longest-running in modern Pokemon history, is also renowned as being one of the most difficult. The honor of being Champion is one of the most sought-after in the Pokémon world.

And, you? You weren't interested in all that at first-- you're just a thirteen-year-old kid leading a thirteen-year-old life. After your mother Lucille died ten years ago in a meltdown at a nuclear power plant, your father (an experienced Pokemon Ranger) left you with your great-aunt and departed to travel the region. But your aunt can't support you any longer, and so you're forced to leave home. Fortunately for you, opportunity presents itself: you can earn a living by becoming a Pokémon trainer.

Screenshots:
xc6lg8.png
2u5yu1e.png

3. Pokémon Island
by FL .

Excerpt from the storyline:
Previously the Pokémon Island was a island only of pokémon. There were very few people, most researchers like the notable professor Oak who studied the pokémon on island. However, three years ago has been proven the existence of pokémon Mew on the island.

Because this was a very rare pokémon, this attracted a crowd with many trainers who sought Mew, so the island was filled with trainers.

Many of them were very skilled and famous, others came in this island to challenge them, the island soon became a great meeting point for battles which led to the creation of many tournaments which also brought many viewers.

Many things happened in the last three years, has created a great battle place : The Colosseum and the trainers were classified according the victories there. Those who won many tournaments and had a high Rank and with this gain various kinds of exclusive treatment like better items, pok´rmon, locations, services, etc...

Screenshots:
islandfoto52.png
islandfoto57.png

Well, now, just post which game you'd like to see and whichever game gets the most votes shall have their thread stickied.

(Also no poll so people can post why they chose their game.)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm gonna have to go for MonoKid.
More original than another Pokémon Fan Game.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
pokemon lunar edition what a fantastic game lol

Aaaahhh it's such a hard vote, but I am picking Uranium! It holds a special place in my heart and has always served as a source of inspiration. Creator is an extremely nice and dedicated guy, I'm almost entirely confident he'll create a great, finished product one day.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Difficult one. I'm going with Monokid, I like how it looks so far and it is more original and impressive than the others. The others are great games as well, but I think Monokid deserves much more attention.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Monokid it is!

jeez guys calm down with all this voting it was hard for me to count. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back