• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I've searched for a while now but I can't find the answer to a question I have. On unlz gba (I know how to use it), some sprites dissapeared.. Not that it changed to the original sprite that was in the game, but they're simply not there. The male protagonist on Ruby/Sapphire should be around 1294 but for me it's not on any of the trainers. I tried on a clean ROM and it was there, but on my rom it wasn't. I checked through all the trainers, and the champion sprite was missing, too... can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance...

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
In Unlz when you import new images, it changes the order around. Either that or you overwrote them by using un-free space.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
What program shall I use (and how) to change prizes at game corner, Fire Red?

There's a multichoice editor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xry2kcmhoy270a/Multichoice Editor.rar

In the bottom left corner there's an option. It says "Idioma", which means language in spanish. Change it from Espanol to English.

Remember, he also needs to use a script editor to change the prizes themselves. That editor only changes the text.

I've searched for a while now but I can't find the answer to a question I have. On unlz gba (I know how to use it), some sprites dissapeared.. Not that it changed to the original sprite that was in the game, but they're simply not there. The male protagonist on Ruby/Sapphire should be around 1294 but for me it's not on any of the trainers. I tried on a clean ROM and it was there, but on my rom it wasn't. I checked through all the trainers, and the champion sprite was missing, too... can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance...

Delete all of the files unlz created, like the .pal and .nlz and such. Then, the next time you open unlz, all data will be reloaded.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Well yeah, but I thought that was understood. Open the script with your editor (preferably XSE) and yeah.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys, I tried to send this message to Jambo51 but he doesn't receive PMs so I guess I'll ask here.

Hi Jambo51,

I've been trying to look through the hacking threads here and I can't seem to find anything on it, so I've decided to ask you directly instead. Sorry if you keep getting messages like this, but how exactly did you manage to find what bytes to change in order to increase the number of DS tracks the game allows? I'm from the Fire Emblem hacking scene and I've been trying to "import" songs from the NDS games to the GBA games which has proven to be very difficult at times due to the 8-track (arguably 7) limit. So I'm wondering if any of the knowledge that you have might be able to help me do the same--or if what I want to do is even possible.

Thanks!

Sorry if it's been asked before/you guys are sick of me/etc. I'm just super desperate ._.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Agro:
Read my mega-huge sappy tutorial. i have info on everything music hacking.

Sorry quoting is hard since I'm controlling my comp from Android so...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Thanks gogojjtech; I managed to increase the number of READABLE tracks to 12 (from 8) but the 8 DS rule still seems to apply, which brings me back to, unfortunately, my original question: how do I increase the number of Direct Sound channels available, or, in the very least, how can I find which bytes I need to change?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
That's the bit that I read in addition to changing the values just before the song table; however, "00 C5 94 00" seems to be specific to Pokemon because searching it in other games doesn't work, because it's (obviously) not the same. That's why I was asking how Jambo51 managed to find that it was those bytes specifically, since I assume the same logic can be applied to other games :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2019
Hi everyone,

I would change my trainer sprites (I mean 'my' trainer sprites). I know how to change the 'bigger version', but don't how to change the 'small' (overworld). I'm hacking fire red version and i would insert the sprites of pokemon diamond/pearl trainer (lucas). I just found how to 'edit' an existing sprite, but how if i would import it? I saw the program NSE, but i don't know where i can download the sprites of pokemon diamond/.. and resize it for red fire. Can you help me?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Hey guys, I kind of have a general question, and it would be nice if a few people could give me their opinion. (sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread)
My storyline for my hack seems to keep getting longer and longer, with more content, while at the same time having a whole second and third half of the story happening after the pokemon league. I wanted to know what you guys do/suggest for maintaining proper leveled trainers/gym leaders throughout the game.
I mean I dont really want the player to be at lv 100 by the end of my game, maybe somewhere around 80, but at the same time, i dont want the pokemon league to be at level 30 or somehing either, i enjoy the process of leveling up and getting to face stronger players in my game, i just dont want the players to be ridiculously strong by the time they face the last trainer. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Hey guys, I kind of have a general question, and it would be nice if a few people could give me their opinion. (sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread)
My storyline for my hack seems to keep getting longer and longer, with more content, while at the same time having a whole second and third half of the story happening after the pokemon league. I wanted to know what you guys do/suggest for maintaining proper leveled trainers/gym leaders throughout the game.
I mean I dont really want the player to be at lv 100 by the end of my game, maybe somewhere around 80, but at the same time, i dont want the pokemon league to be at level 30 or somehing either, i enjoy the process of leveling up and getting to face stronger players in my game, i just dont want the players to be ridiculously strong by the time they face the last trainer. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Keep in mind that the levelling curve grows for the higher levels, so it'll take longer to level up. For the E4, I'd say 40-50 is usually the mainstream games' level range. If you want more difficult opponents I'd say that better team comps and move sets will definitely trump throwing higher levels at the player. Don't forget that GameFreak has cheated with some trainers in the past (here's looking at you, lv.45 Dragonite...) so in a pinch I wouldn't be afraid to fudge the lines a little yourself with evolutions or move sets. Just don't get ridiculous.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hi everyone,

I would change my trainer sprites (I mean 'my' trainer sprites). I know how to change the 'bigger version', but don't how to change the 'small' (overworld). I'm hacking fire red version and i would insert the sprites of pokemon diamond/pearl trainer (lucas). I just found how to 'edit' an existing sprite, but how if i would import it? I saw the program NSE, but i don't know where i can download the sprites of pokemon diamond/.. and resize it for red fire. Can you help me?

I use OWE to import them, but to resize them, you have to do that. I did it on paint.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Keep in mind that the levelling curve grows for the higher levels, so it'll take longer to level up. For the E4, I'd say 40-50 is usually the mainstream games' level range. If you want more difficult opponents I'd say that better team comps and move sets will definitely trump throwing higher levels at the player. Don't forget that GameFreak has cheated with some trainers in the past (here's looking at you, lv.45 Dragonite...) so in a pinch I wouldn't be afraid to fudge the lines a little yourself with evolutions or move sets. Just don't get ridiculous.

yeah, i think that would work for the general levels of the elite four, but its not so much about more difficult opponents, its about maintaining a steady level increase. Ive been searching around and i saw a post about editing the base exp of every pokemon, so that they all level up slowly. But im not sure if the players would enjoy that. what do you think?

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
I want to insert MYSTICTICKET as a Hidden Item in the game. Is there any way I can make the Sailor at the Vermillion City Port acknowledge the ticket without having activated the Nintendo Event to get to Naval Rock? Something in his script to be removed or the script tile in front of him perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back