• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Darts said:
I decided I'm going to try to get a shiny Bagon, I can tell this shiny will take awile.

It might go a little faster for you if you breed for one. And it could go even faster yet if you do the breeding in Emerald with a Pokemon in your team that has the "magma body" ability! :D (Magma body lets you hatch eggs in half the time, but it only works like that in Emerald. :) ) Anyway, good luck on your bagon! I hope you get it!

Edit: I was wrong about what that ability's called. It's called "Flame Body." And in case you were wondering (as I know at least one of you were) these pokemon can have it: Magmar, Magby, Slugma, and Magcargo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
alright... so pazzkat has said that she thinks that we should
a) forgive pkmaster (i'll call you that if i want to) or...
b) kill her
i think that b is a rediculous choice, but a is only slightly less rediculous. but, i would be willing to allow her back into the club if enough other members believe that she should be allowed back. so what's it gonna be SHC? pkmaster in or pkmaster out? you be the judge

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
rsgh5 said:
b) kill her
i think that b is a rediculous choice, but a is only slightly less rediculous. but, i would be willing to allow her back into the club if enough other members believe that she should be allowed back. so what's it gonna be SHC? pkmaster in or pkmaster out? you be the judge

Personally, I think we should let her back in. We all know about the shenanigans she just pulled, but because of that, I think she's less likely to pull them again. I know I've acted angry with her a lot in here, but I always hated the idea of excluding someone who genuinely wanted to be a member. If the others think it could be the right idea, I'm all for giving her another chance. If she really is 10 years old, then she might be old enough to have learned her lesson from all this nonsense. And the one sure way to find out is to let her back in and give her another chance. That's my opinion. And although I won't change my mind even if the others think it'll be better to keep her out, I'll go with what you guys decide. This is a club, and I think decisions like this should be made democratically.

What say we make like a two or three day grace period? Give people a chance to let their opinions be heard, and in the meantime, let Latios_Lover make posts here. What she says could also give us more insight into her intentions and whether or not she's changed for the better. Anyway, that's what I think ought to be done. How about the rest of you?

Darts

Shadow pokemon trainer
Years
rsgh5 said:
yes, you did know that i was the owner. i've always been the owner here, back when you were pkmaster you always resented me for having authority what with your "i'm friends with everybody but you rsgh5", and all of your comments on how i'm so mean even though others made more fun of you than i did (i was unreasonably polite with you). i think you wanted to make the SHC yours so that you could lie for respect and not get thrown out... so very low... you weren't even a member of this club... gosh...
so... if you would be so kind as to never post here again or try to close us down, it would be very appreciated. thank you.
but in regards to getting the thread in a new place and under control of a current member (rather than a member who's left or a non-member) do people think it's that important? we now have no poll at the top so it's not that big of a deal. however, SGM hasn't been around and isn't updating the dex... so if people wanted to, we could recreate this thread or do one of those transfer things where all the posts get moved to a new topic started by me or another one of the higher members (i don't know how that works exactly, but if somebody clued me in and it was what the group wanted, then i would be willing to do it.)

Weird, I had a dream last night just like that too, except, I only found one shiny, it was a shiny Relicanth, but I accidentally made it faint, it was more like a nightmare, but still very weird having the same dream at the same time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ya, that is weird... i fainted i think a grimer? and i was flipping out but then i found a shiny feebas and another zubat, so it was all good. and i'm with shuko. we ought to allow her back in if she promises not to lie anymore. however, i want to make sure that other members feel the same way, so i like the idea of a 3 day period to see what happens. so, here's what i think... if more than 3 of our long term people say that they don't want her back, then it's settled, she isn't allowed back in. if we do allow her back in: a) she must never lie to us again and,
b) if she puts one toe out of line she's gone (we'll be watching her)
i don't want to think about the kind of impact that a large group of people criticizing, putting down, and never trusting a young girl might have on her later in her life.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
rsgh5 said:
i don't want to think about the kind of impact that a large group of people criticizing, putting down, and never trusting a young girl might have on her later in her life.

Aww... Ryan-kun's got a soft spot for helpless little girls! =3 *teases*

Lol. Anyway, I don't think she'll try anything funny again. I wouldn't stake my life on it, o' course, but she's gotta know by now that we can see through lies, or at least hers, anyway. You know the sad thing though? When and if she does run into (another) shiny, the likelihood of any of us believing her is abysmal. :( The whole "cry wolf" thing kind of stinks, doesn't it? That's why trust is so very precious. Once you lose it, it's murder to try to get it back. >_<

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Darts said:
I decided I'm going to try to get a shiny Bagon, I can tell this shiny will take awile.
grrr im goin after that one XD ah well youll get it first ive been playing evey 3 / 2 days

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i'm going on a church retreat this weekend. i'll be back sunday afternoon. see you all then. good luck with the hunting/decision on pkmaster.

Arcanine Fan 101

Lonesome Girl.
Years
rsgh5 said:
b) kill her

well i think thats nice ryan thank you

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
the skate board kid said:
Uh...hey guys. No new shinies yet. But I will meet that shiny Ralts, Magenemite,*gets bored of saying just 2 names* and some more.

That's the spirit! Don't give up! ^_^

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's willing to give her a second chance. I thought for a while that I was going to be the one softie of the bunch, lol. You guys have big hearts. :)

Anyway, I played some more today, but I didn't run into any shinies. :P I'm currently taking on Flannery, and it's Uber hard, since the only water pokemon I have is a Gyarados, and he doesn't know any water attacks yet. ;_; I'm kind of out of luck right now, lol.

Who all has found shinie(s) in Emerald so far?

DeoxysOwns22

*Visit My Adoption Center*
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 21, 2005
AND, back on topic! :D No new shinies......trying to train my wailmer so I can get the Regis!

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2006
Shuko said:
That's the spirit! Don't give up! ^_^

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's willing to give her a second chance. I thought for a while that I was going to be the one softie of the bunch, lol. You guys have big hearts. :)

Anyway, I played some more today, but I didn't run into any shinies. :P I'm currently taking on Flannery, and it's Uber hard, since the only water pokemon I have is a Gyarados, and he doesn't know any water attacks yet. ;_; I'm kind of out of luck right now, lol.

Who all has found shinie(s) in Emerald so far?

you all can trust pkmnmaster, im still not going to trust her too much, i have a saying, bad people never go good >.> but illl just give ehr 1 chance then

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
hey... bad people go good all the time (in fiction at least) let's see... darth vader, the original green ranger from MMPR, the navy and crimson rangers from power rangers ninja storm, the white ranger from power rangers dino thunder (ok... i've watched a few too many episodes of power rangers...), and let's see... a non-fiction one could be (this is a stretch but...) oscar schindler... member of the nazi party who ended up saving hundreds of jews. i think that if pkmaster is honest with us there shouldn't be any problems... but i agree that she will be hard to trust. (i'm back by the way)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ok... sure, i'll start calling you latios lover. whenever i've been writing i've beening thinking.. lati@s lover (because i can't remember which you were)... and writing pkmaster because i can remember that. but i'll make sure to remember latios lover. we're most likely not going to trust you too much but would you mind telling us which pokemon you've actually captured in their shiny form?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
and that's all right?? if you don't announce them now but you say that you've captured them later... then we will definatly not believe you. so, don't keep any cards (or pokemon) hidden up your sleeves... lay your hand (or shiny colection) down for us all to see. (i feel dumb speaking in corny metaphors...) but i think you understand me... be honest with what you've captured. if you tell us now we're more inclined to believe you than if you decide to tell us out of nowhere "i caught a shiny ______ a while ago." so, anything else you'd like to add to that list? or is that your final answer?

Back