• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
What game did you choose?
What is the reason for choosing that game?
do you like white forrest or black city better?
Which legend do you think is better?

I like pokemon black a lot better because of the legendary and because of the black city, unlike white forrest black city offers quite a bit more action.
Black city also sells more items.

*Shiny*Monster0198

~ Just chillin'
Years
Both, but I prefer White.
I thought that Zekrom looked cooler than Reshiram when I first got them, so I chose White to work with first.
I like White Forest better because you can get rare pokemon, while the items in Black City you can get from dust clouds or with the Dowsing Machine.
Now that I think about it, I kinda like Reshiram better because it's a special-based attacker and there are more physical attackers in the region than special-based.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
I purchased Black myself, but I strongly dislike white forest >.<

I would much rather Black City for the consistent battles you can have (I think you can battle people there every day?) Also, White forest just doesn't appeal to me due to the lack of purpose. sure you can get different wild pokemon, but I do not really care enough to collect them. I should have thought of that before I bought the game. Maybe I will get another chance when Black/White 2 is released.

Years
I chose Black cos I like Reshiram better than Zekrom.

In fact, most of Black's version exclusive Pokemon persuaded me, particularly the Gothita line.

Also, I liked Black City better cos I love technological scenery.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
400 views already? Woow. XD;

Anyway! I have both Black and White, and while White is my primary game, I actually prefer Black's Black City & Opelucid City. :( Prefer White's exclusives though, so it sorta works out!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I liked White more, mostly because of Zekrom, but I also really enjoyed white forest, until everyone left and everything disappeared lol

The only thing I like about Black better is Drayden. Such a bad ass lol

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I liked White more, mostly because of Zekrom, but I also really enjoyed white forest, until everyone left and everything disappeared lol

The only thing I like about Black better is Drayden. Such a bad ass lol

Lol i have to agree with you on that one Drayden is a bad ass

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I chose White because I'm subconsciously racist. for Reuniclus and Braviary, and because I like Zekrom more. When I originally got the game, I wanted White Forest for exclusive captures, but in retrospect, Black City is a lot more beneficial post-game.

lovebear

Pokémon Professor in training
Years
I wanted White from the very beginning but my friend wanted it as well so I ended up getting Black. I like the White exclusives better... in fact, a lot better. Reuniclus line > Gothitelle line.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
I chose White, because Zekrom looked cooler than Reshiram, and I liked Reuniclus over Gothitelle.
Competitively, Reshiram is better. So yeah...
I'd probably like Black City better. But I haven't been in it before.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
What game did you choose? I chose White version.

What is the reason for choosing that game? Officially, it's because I really wanted a Houndour; subconsciously, however, it may have been me not wanting to be a racist.

Do you like White Forest or Black City better? I hate Black Cityso much that White Forest wins this, even though I've never set foot in it evereverever.

Which legend do you think is better? Despite the fact that I kinda wish I bought White version, I do prefer Reshiram to Zekrom. I guess I just like its design somewhat more, and it wasn't horrible to use.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
What game did you choose? White.

What is the reason for choosing that game? Didn't really like Reshiram or getting Black because it didn't seem as cool.

Do you like White Forest or Black City better? Don't like either very much. But I guess White Forest because it's very open.

Which legend do you think is better? Zekrom, he just looks so much more battle ready and built to pummel Reshiram.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I decided to pick up White since I had preferred Zekrom over Reshiram at the time they were first revealed. Over time, I stuck by my decision due as I liked White's version exclusives more. I've never really kept a save file long enough after beating the game to decide whether I liked White Forest or not, and I've never bothered looking up how Black City works, so I suppose either don't really make a huge difference to me.

Years
I picked White because I liked Zekrom a lot more then Reshiram, I also liked white forest more then Black City. But after a while it felt like white forest was just a forest filled with easy-to-catch-in-SoulSilver-Pokemon's (at least the one that lived in my white forest), while in Black City you can buy evolutionary stones and such. :(

Back