• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen More options to pokemon fashion?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I know that there is a thread that specifically speculates customizing our in-game avatar trainers, but what about our pokemon? Should our pokemon be customizable too? We've been given fashion accessories in the past generation games, but could more clothing be added? For example, in the anime, Tyson's Meowth has a hat, a scarf, and boots, even when traveling.

view.php

In gen 4 pokemon contests and in Gen 5's pokemon musicals, we've been given little trinkets to customize our pokemon, but only in brief events. Could there be an option to have those fashion accessories, as well as other pieces of clothing, be attached to our pokemon while traveling, and even in battle as well?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It would be cool if you could customize your Pokemon freely so that when they battle they could wear the accessories, I could imagine battling with Froakie in a Top Hat.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I hope that they will just wear it rather than it becoming a competition, seems like a fashion show if they do that, but otherwise, yeah I think it'd be fun to see Pikachu wearing Ash's hat xD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Although it would be a cute idea, it'd probably be a lot of coding to do, especially depending on how many articles of clothing and accessories are made. I do like the idea of being able to see your Pokemon's hold item, though. (So, like, seeing it wearing Choice Specs, seeing it attached to the Air Balloon and levitating above the ground, holding Leftovers with either a free hand or its mouth (and continue to hold it in its mouth even if it uses a mouth-based attack, ffffff), etc.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No interest tbh. :( I would like what vappy suggested though, or at least have them show up when they're used! Like during the attack animation the silhouette of the item flashes in the middle of it, letting you know the item is contributing to the damage or whatever.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
That would be really nice to have, maybe they could be in whatever is entirely new to the alternative to battling. Which I'd say that there might be some area where you could be able to have a Pokémon Dress Up or something like that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As long as I can have a pink beret for my Fennekin, I'll be a happy goose! :)

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I'd be ok with this if it didn't go overboard. Like a Pokemon in a full outfit seems a bit excessive. A hat or bow or glasses would be cool. And the hold item idea sounds interesting.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
I personally don't feel the need for it, but I also don't see the harm of adding it for the people who do want it, not like everyone would be forced to put accessories on their pokemon. however, i don't see it happening, especially with the new dynamic battle style, just seems like too much going on. maybe just in contests? Though i wouldn't mind adding a cool red scarf to my gallade haha (see picture).

Back