• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rival(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I can't believe this topic hasn't been made yet, so I guess I'll go ahead and do it. What do you want to see in terms of rivals this time around? Should it be multiple rivals, like in Black/White, or a single rival like previous games? What should their motives be?

Me personally, I hope they go back to the days of Gary and Silver, in having an actually rival. Pretty much all of the ones we fought since then were more like travel companions who occasionally battle you. It would be nice to have a rival who really opposes you. You're not friends with them, they don't occasionally give you things, they think they're superior to your character.

The "travel companions" we've gotten take away the sense of a lone trainer against the world, that one felt with the first two gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back