• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Akuroma

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I feel like they should've given this guy more story. By the looks of it he doesn't have much of a background.
By the way what became of the Shadow triad post game?

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
So this guy's named Corless in the English translation. Apparently pronounced with the second syllable stressed. Not sure what the heck that name's supposed to mean, but it isn't as obviously a "villain" name like in Japanese.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Apparently 'Corless' (whatisthisidonteven) regrets what he did as shown in post game where you can rebattle him. Out of the goodness in his heart he'll give you a Master Ball.
Dude needs more backstory, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Never got to express my excitement, but I'm so happy we get to battle Corless. Like, his team is pretty neat, and I love that he sees his mistakes and wants to make up for them. Plus, his team at the very end is just so cool. I love that his Magneton has an Eviolite.

Years
Apparently 'Corless' (whatisthisidonteven) regrets what he did as shown in post game where you can rebattle him. Out of the goodness in his heart he'll give you a Master Ball.
Dude needs more backstory, though.
I agree, where did he even come from? He seems to have come out of no where.

I'm glad that they made him repent though, that means all evil leaders but Cyrus, and possibly Ghetsis haven't repend.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I agree, where did he even come from? He seems to have come out of no where.

I'm glad that they made him repent though, that means all evil leaders but Cyrus, and possibly Ghetsis haven't repend.

He's one of the few leaders to actually see the error of their ways. N still thinks he's innocent even though he destroyed the fabric of the region in the process, Ghetsis is just a bad dude, Cyrus was too involved with himself and his obsession, and Giovanni is just cray cray.

Corless actually sees he did something wrong and wants to make up for it, which is a nice change of pace. Finally a boss that wants to make the world smile, instead of tremble. I like Corless a lot more now because of this. c:

Years
^ What about Archie and Maxie...they saw their plans were horrible and seemed to have completely given them up.

I do like that Akuroma changed and that they actually show him post game too unlike the aforementioned A and M who simply left never to be seen...
I like his post Plasma team better than his Plasma team too.

droomph

weeb
Years
About A and M, they decided that they were gonna get killed by pursuing their dreams so that's what happened. It's truly nice to see a guy who doesn't want to be an ******* just because he doesn't wanna be one.

THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK.

Years
I'm playing the japanese version now and thanks to tumblr i'm already pairing him up with Homika. Altho he seems to be the kind of guy that doesn't do evil because he's evil, he does evil for science, for the sake of his research. I also have a theory that he may have done those bad things because he had no other choice. BTW his teams: awesome, magnetzone and Rotom is just perfect...altho the problem is that he based his team on only one attribute, if you had a fire type pokemon you pretty much won the battle before it started.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
typical unethical scientist who lets nothing get in the way of his pokemon research, and joining Team Plasma simply lets him have access to a lot of sophisticated equipment

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
I won't call him unethical. Just curious, caught up in his theories.

I still think Ghetis is bad at managing human resources though.
What kind of leader appoints a man who just joined a group as one of its officers?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but since his "mascot" pokemon appears to Magneton, even in the anime, the evolution sequence of Magnemite to Magneton in the anime involves three Magnemite coming together to form the Magneton. If I remember properly, plasma involves atoms separating...the specifics I am not sure of. XP

Maybe Corless's Magneton is capable of splitting apart into three Magnemite (not in-game, of course), or signifies "Plasma", as Ghetsis's plan is not the true intention of Team Plasma?

Corless, being the new leader of the Old Team Plasma, may possibly be stated that he is the leader of a team who's intention is/was to release Pokemon rather than to battle. This plan also represents Plasma - separating Pokemon from Humans, if that even makes sense in an analogy to real plasma.

All of this may have already been covered here or is too much a stretch. Either way, just felt like getting the words out of my mind and onto the computer. :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Corless, being the new leader of the Old Team Plasma, may possibly be stated that he is the leader of a team who's intention is/was to release Pokemon rather than to battle. This plan also represents Plasma - separating Pokemon from Humans, if that even makes sense in an analogy to real plasma.

No he's not. He is an old friend of Ghetsis who was brought into Team Plasma (The black clothed ones) to assist Ghetsis in making the Plasma Frigate, studying how to strengthen Pokemon (His DNA Pins for Kyurem), and to study Kyurem.

When you defeat Plasma, Colress stays incharge of the small group that was with him and docks somewhere for you to battle him. He just never agree'd with Plasma's ideals to begin with. He was only interested in assisting them because it played a part in his actual research on the Strengths of Pokemon.

He doesn't have any affiliation with the White Knight Plasma members.

Back