• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Favorite ROM to hack?

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
I've only hacked Blue, Yellow, and Ruby before but personally I like Yellow the most because people don't like to hack it that much. And hex editing doesn't bother me one bit, in some cases I'd rather edit the ROM than use a disassembly but that's just me. xD Once I find the time, i'll start making a decent hack of Yellow instead of just a inside joke text hack. :V

SadNumel

I'm a very,very SadNumel.
Years
Very hard one.

I have always loved hacking Fire Red, because of its absolutely simple scripts, but then I just love the tile selection in Ruby, Emerald, and Sapphire.

I would have to go with the Hoenn region games.

Pokewiz000

Chinese Translator / Hacker
Years
I like Haking Emerald or FR. In China usually like this. We have Perfect Chinese release of these two ...

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
For, me it will be FireRed you can see almost all hacks are hacks from FireRed, but for second I would like Emerald because of the animations... :)

haelcher

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I'm part of the small Gen I hacking crowd. They were the games I grew up with, and I still appreciate the retro feel. I'm perfectly fine with hex editing, although I'm not sure I want to try ASM.

Yellow is my favorite of the three, just because it's that "bonus" game of the Generation (I would vote for Emerald for you Gen III hackers keeping score).

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
for me i'd choose fire red i just play this game more than any other so i know what im looking for when i hack it.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
I Choose Ruby. I started with ruby then went to firered, now im back with ruby.even though people say ruby has uglier graphics than firered, if you sort of work with it you can make it have nice graphics. but its not only abut graphics though ~

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Platinum

I like hacking Platinum! I say it better: I WOULD LIKE to hack Platinum and so I'm learning how to hack it!

squirrelfeet

Crystal is my favorite. I like to use GenII over GenIII. I do not specifically know why...

Justin H@CKR

Fire Red, I have done quite a bit with it. It's lookin great right now :).

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
Well, for me, the best ROM is Ruby or Sapphire.
They have nice music how in emerald, nearly the same functions as emerald, but no animation of the Pokemon.
But the best point: much space. You have enough for the whole hack ;)
(there are some exceptions maybe^^)

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
diamond and purel cuz i can put it onmy r4 and play it evry ware i want
but its realy hard to hack it i gane try now my furt time but din't make a hack in my hole live so gueass it will be verry tuf thing for doing that :o

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
I would have to go with fire red simply because of all the resources and detailed information you can find for it.

Back