• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saiban Region

Years
Hey everyone.

I have been getting back into the spirit of spriting.

Currently, I am working on a GB/GBC-Style Pokedex. I have quite a bit done thus far.

trainersz_zps5f398071.png~original

Trainers
trainers_zps4d08cb1c.png

Working on a separate Forme dex as well.

The dark/ice (dark chocolate forme) counterpart to Sweetort, the fairy/ice pokemon (strawberry forme)
30_2.png

For types Base Stats and More you can go here: http://pokengine.org/pok%C3%A9dex/Saiban
Enjoy! Let me know what you think.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey Fenneking! Nice to see you over in A&D! :)

Unfortunately, A&D still requires that you post your actual work here. Please transfer over your dex over to this thread when you get a chance. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Years
Hey Fenneking! Nice to see you over in A&D! :)

Unfortunately, A&D still requires that you post your actual work here. Please transfer over your dex over to this thread when you get a chance. Sorry for the inconvenience!

No problem, I thought that could have been a requirement. I was too lazy last night :p

Updated the thread with images for immediate enjoyment!

Years
Awesome sprites! Kinda in love with the water starter line. Can't wait to see you complete this!

Thanks! Although I think each of my starters are equally good in design, I'd still pick Shellop given my preference in pokemon. So I am all with you there!

To anyone interested...

I would love for you to list either an "object and adjective" or "object and other object" for a pokemon concept. (I am having some spriter's block)

I will select the most interesting pair(s) to design a pokemon around and include a dedication to for those word-pairs I found to be the most compelling. I might just pun your username into the resulting fanmon.

P.S. This is not a request, just a fun way to include you, the pixel art viewers, into my pokedex creation. Thanks for reading and I hope you join in!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't know if this will conform with your requirements for design ideas; but I think you could expand on fakemons with more formes. Give them a twist of some kind, a item that changes its typing, or something coordinating with the seasons, you know? When I have fakemon-artist-block, stuff like that always worked as a nice conduit between innovations.

But besides that, I've always liked the idea of a filigree fairy~
(*^ω^)人(^ω^*)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wow, those are some amazing stuff you've got there; love 'em. :] My most favorite would be Ponsese. That looks just simply adorable, haha. Is Rhombish supposed to be its evolution, or is it a completely different Pokémon? I also really like Harborosa, but whenever I look at it, though, I always get Murkrow. I'm guessing this is what it was inspired by? Also, is LeaderDaisy an actual Pokémon, or...? If it is, then that's pretty interesting. Keep up your work; really looking forward to see more from you!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm kinda using this idea, but I don't see why I can't share. A Rose Lion.

I know different concepts can come from the same origin. Why not share ideas with fellow designers?

Years
Thank you for the comments and suggestions everyone :)
Sorry, it took me a while to reply...expect a big"ish" update next week.

I don't know if this will conform with your requirements for design ideas; but I think you could expand on fakemons with more formes. Give them a twist of some kind, a item that changes its typing, or something coordinating with the seasons, you know? When I have fakemon-artist-block, stuff like that always worked as a nice conduit between innovations.

But besides that, I've always liked the idea of a filigree fairy~
(*^ω^)人(^ω^*)

I just went through and added tons of formes, thanks for the suggestion.

Sweetort, for instance will have a dark chocolate "bitter" form, an ice/dark type. The original being the strawberry "sweet" form.

Also, I am now doing a coo coo clock owl pokemon. To be a bit different from the Sawsbuck approach to a seasons theme, I decided to do a "nostalgia" or "holiday" species. Meaning, winter will be Christmas-related (Snow owl-angel); spring, Easter-related (Mother Hen); Summer, 4th of July-related (Patriotic Bald-Eagle); and Autumn, Halloween-related clocks (Witch-Crow).

Wow, those are some amazing stuff you've got there; love 'em. :] My most favorite would be Ponsese. That looks just simply adorable, haha. Is Rhombish supposed to be its evolution, or is it a completely different Pokémon? I also really like Harborosa, but whenever I look at it, though, I always get Murkrow. I'm guessing this is what it was inspired by? Also, is LeaderDaisy an actual Pokémon, or...? If it is, then that's pretty interesting. Keep up your work; really looking forward to see more from you!

Thank you very much :)

For Ponsense, I am doing chess piece evolutions, with card suits thrown in the mix given the random nature of the evolution. Rhombish is diamond(rhombus)+Bishop pokemon. I thought it was a fun idea given that pawns can "evolve" into any other piece on the board...well, not a king (though I will do one anyway :p)

Well, Harborosa is more of a Pirate/Parrot pokemon, though it does have a sinister disposition.

I tried to see if I could remove dex numbers so I could feature some gym leader sprites at the end of the dex...but it is obviously too confusing! I will make separate trainer cards soon.

I'm kinda using this idea, but I don't see why I can't share. A Rose Lion.

I know different concepts can come from the same origin. Why not share ideas with fellow designers?

Don't worry, I fused the idea strawberry had with yours. Now I am thinking a silver and gold Filigree Rose Lion (steel or steel/fairy). A regal and ornate/statuesque pokemon. The idea is loosely based on the popular lion busts. This worked out great since I cannot make anymore grass type pokemon; I have exceeded my limit!

Years
I really like your sprites. It has that retro GSC feel to it which is really cool.

P.S. Auburnt looks like Fennekin tho :P

Years
Added 12 new pokemon.

Added Trainer Profiles...still a work in process in how I present them.

More to come ;)

Oh, I just had to finish another sprite as well:

Aromance
Poison/Psychic

Aromance_zps80ce49ef.png~original

I will be making a male, 50's pompadour counter part as well.

Need to make a few more sprites before I update the dex again with these new sprites.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Please tell me number 006 is not fire fighting... They all look really nice :D

Years
Please tell me number 006 is not fire fighting... They all look really nice :D

Thank you very much!

Haha, nope. Fire/Fighting pokemon are banned from my starter roster :)
It's a fire/dark, well, it evolves into a fire/dark type. He is certainly a physical attacker!

It's based of a chimp/imp. It's sort of a conceptual pun, if that makes sense.

Back