• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nubers without ubers are just noobs.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
So anyway, today they let us play without legendaries. And it was a BIG difference. one trainer I played, five of his pokemon were weak to ground type moves. Swampert used earthquake on him three times, and then I had won. Most of these people are nothing without a bunch of legendaries.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
I did meet a few good ones up there, though. I found out from one battle that I need a better pokemon with fire moves. These Bronzong and Metagross are killing me. didn't help I actually ended up battling him twice, so that was two losses on my docket.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
A good chunk of my battles were pretty easy, though. I still can't get over that one guy trying to use thunderbolt on a swampert.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Hehe, most n00bs won't know the elemental chart will make improper generalizations.

It's a glorious, new, legendary-free age for us competitive trainers! :D

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
So, they banned the use of legendaries?
That's kind of dumb, they should make it so that there's two different leagues, one with legendaries and one without. If they don't want us to use legendaries competitively they shouldn't have put them in the game. I understand that legendaries are a kind of pokemon on steroids, and should not be used constantly, but they have a place.

Also, I would like to say, that some of the combinations in DP surprised me, like Empoleon being water/steel and Infernape being fire/fighting (well, I kind of expected it that they would be that), it was very interesting how they tossed up the original rock/paper/scissors style of play.

Ichida

Years
Legendaries are really only there as rewards for completing story arcs. <.<;

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
What good is the reward if you can't use it?

Ichida

Years
They're trophies. Trophies you can use for not much more than to sweep in-game trainers and the Elite Four.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
Hey, I feel bad now, I didn't use any legendaries when I beat the elite 4. I even took deoxys off my team.

Ichida

Years
Well, it really doesn't matter what you use to beat in-game enemies, as long as you win. It's when doing any serious PvP battling that legendaries become a no-no. :P

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
I still want to make a team of 'cute legendaries' uxie, mew, mespirit, azelf, manaphy, and celebi.
I don't expect to go anywhere with them, they're all psychic which means it's easily picked apart. But I think it'd be funny.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 20, 2007
I'm glad to hear that a ban on ubers is happening .
It get's old when you face uber teams because it could mean a very slim chance on winning.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
I still think that there should be an arena where ubers are allowed.

Ichida

Years
If you want an uber tier competition, organize an unofficial tourney of ubers for yourselves in D/P, or something.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
This is an Uber ban and not a Legendary ban, right? They've banned just Ubers before, so I hope that's the case. I REALLY want to use a Cresselia once I get this game.

Ichida

Years
As if it makes a difference. Legendaries altogether should be banned, whether they are or not at this point.

Back