• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halo 3???

Are Microsoft and Bungie making a Halo 3?

• There making Halo 3

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Leaving Halo 2 as ending twist and leaving it

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Undecided or isn't sure

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Crimson_Blade

Get Vegas 2 or else!
Years
I saw the ending of Halo 2 and I knew after it was done there had to be a Halo 3. What do you think Bungie and Microsoft will do?? I think there gonna make a Halo 3.

AdamHays

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2004
Of course there will be a 3rd,You think they are gonna stop making quiet possibly the greatest game after two.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I think a Halo 3 will exist some time in the future, most likely on Xbox 2 if it comes out.

But knowing how it took like 3 years to make Halo 2 what it was, Halo 3 would have to take like a decade to finish XD.

Crimson_Blade

Get Vegas 2 or else!
Years
So then I guess no one has anything negative to say about Halo 3. Well if there is Halo 3 do you think the Elites will team up with the Humans to take down the so called oracles (forerunners) down with the installations (Halos) and join mankind to live on Earth?? Or just start the whole thing over again??

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
Years
My cousin managed to get a french import of it, so indeed Halo 3 will be on it's way.. I really never liked Halo, nor will I bother to complete any of them. I have yet to get much info on it, as I said, I dont care much for it. (just confirming) To think everyone thought Halo 2 would be the last. (guess their making up for pushing the release date of Halo 2 back)

~Blade~

aaaaaa

The "French Import" is a pirated version of Halo 2 that was leaked a month ago :P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Here's the deal. The Halo series is based off a novel series. There are I believe three now and they're planning a fourth, so with this in mind, you can safely deduce that there will be a third and likely a fourth.

Just like Sgt. Johnson said at Bungee.net:

I quote:

"Halo 4 I get a woman. I been guaranteed. Angela Bassett will be on board Halo 4..."

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
Years
a1337a said:
The "French Import" is a pirated version of Halo 2 that was leaked a month ago :P

heck, I really must not care to notice that.. is that so? hmm, ohh well, I'm no Halo person, so I dident take the time to get my priorities straight. >_<

Anyways to see a Halo 3 wouldent be to my surprise, especially from what I've seen from Halo 2. (cant believe H2 was completed by my cuz in 11 hrs.. >_<) I actually watched him play it, hoping to wanna play it. -_- Anyways if their planning on another release I hope they make it more challenging for ya... it was actually lacking a lil something that H1 had.. wonder what.

~Blade~

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
SBaby said:
Here's the deal. The Halo series is based off a novel series. There are I believe three now and they're planning a fourth, so with this in mind, you can safely deduce that there will be a third and likely a fourth.

Just like Sgt. Johnson said at Bungee.net:

I quote:

"Halo 4 I get a woman. I been guaranteed. Angela Bassett will be on board Halo 4..."
Wrong. The novels are based off of Halo and Halo 2. The games were first and the novels won't affect the games story greatly either because Bungie said so. The Sgt. Johnson clip is all a joke. There's no truth to it. Or could there be a "tru7h" to it?
I don't know if they would make a Halo 3. There have been rumors of a movie. So I'm undiecided.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Um... The Halo Novels weren't called Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3 etc... I'd have to ask Paul, but I'll tell you what their actual names are when I do. I'll be back to post about this...

On another note. Why they will make a Halo 3: The Halo series is XBox's biggest money-maker right now (Fable coming in second). If they didn't make any more, it would be their biggest mistake, and could once again shift the balance of 'Video Power' back into Sony's favor.

Last edited:

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
SBaby said:
Um... The Halo Novels weren't called Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3 etc... I'd have to ask Paul, but I'll tell you what their actual names are when I do. I'll be back to post about this...

On another note. Why they will make a Halo 3: The Halo series is XBox's biggest money-maker right now (next to Fable). If they didn't make any more, it would be their biggest mistake, and could once again shift the balance of 'Video Power' back into Sony's favor.
What I meant with the novels was that they were based off of the game Halo. I know the names, "Halo: The Fall of Reach,", "Halo: The Flood,", and "Halo: First Strike."
I don't believe that Bungie is that kind of a company where they will make a sequel due to popular demand. They didn't do that with the Marathon series. People wanted another Marathon game, but Bungie didn't make one. In case you're wondering, Marathon 1, 2, and Infinity was 3 Mac games released between 1994 through 1996. Or it could have been the Myth series? Anyway, if you beat the game on Legendary and watch the credit, it says,"Coming February 9th." It was reported by Slashdot, of course, it's still a rumor. If it's true, it could mean Halo 3 or downloadable content over Xbox Live. Or something more. :D
EDIT: Never mind. It was a total rumor, but very good rumor. Oh well... :(

Last edited:

Crimson_Blade

Get Vegas 2 or else!
Years
Well I kinda do have doubts about a Halo 3 because what would they make it about. They already have Earth and Halo that was desrtoyed in Halo. But what else could they make the game about anyway???

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
In the Halo universe, there are seven different Halos. One is destoryed. The Halos are also now it remote activation which means if someone was to activate the Arc, the Halos would fire. Also, the entire Covenant Armada is now at Earth at the end of Halo 2. If you played Halo 2 and watched the cliffhanger ending, you know what Halo 3 could be about.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
If they didn't make a third Halo, it would be Xbox's biggest mistake. Like I said, the Halo series is one of the two reasons Xbox is doing so well.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
SBaby said:
If they didn't make a third Halo, it would be Xbox's biggest mistake. Like I said, the Halo series is one of the two reasons Xbox is doing so well.
Halo propelled Xbox foward and showed what the Xbox can do. So did DOA 3. Xbox has many titles now that can surport the Xbox. So not making a Halo 3 would not hurt the Xbox market.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
The thing is that two out of every three XBox players that I've talked to where I work all say that the main reason they own an XBox is for the Halo series. I know there are alot of good games out there, but the fact of the matter is this: Without Halo, XBox would lose an enormous chunk of their revenue. It would be like if Square were to stop making Final Fantasy games on Sony's platforms. Things like this could easily destroy a system...

If Bungie were to not make anymore Halo games, here's what would likely happen. Microsoft would pay an obscene amount of money to but the rights to Halo. Because Microsoft has so much money, they'd basically just say 'name your price'. Bungie employees would be able to retire as wealthy people.

Then, Microsoft would turn to one of the big cinema companies that still makes multi-platform games, such as Namco and have them do the Halo games with the same engine that has been used in the games from the get-go. Halo would still do well, perhaps better than before.

Back