• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did you get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow?

Did you get rid of it?

• Yes, I did!

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • No, I didn't.

Votes: 166 80.2%

• Total voters

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The first 50 times i played the game i didn't, but a few years back when i replayed the game i just felt like ditching Pikachu for once...very big mistake :(

Krazoa

Chasing after glowy things
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
I kept the pikachu because I loved it when he followed me everywhere C: It made me feel less alone in those caves xD

Sirfetch’d

I always kept mine and used it the whole game. It is what made Yellow so unique.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I always kept Pikachu. I don't think it clicked to me that I didn't have to keep it, in all honesty.

Years
I never got rid of my Pikachu it wasn't my strongest but it was the one of my top five and I loved how it followed me and the cute expression it would make when you interacted with it.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I never did. Once I beat Yellow, I switched my Pikachu over to other versions and restarted my file, but I never got it ride of it prior to the hall of fame.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
Yes, I bought it when I was child when I wanted to learn Japanese. (I didn't start learning Japanese for several years later)
I don't see what was so special about it, I'd rather play Japanese Blue. I might replay Pokemon Green soon however. :/

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
No way, I had yellow as a kid and it was the little stalker pikachu which made me into the pokemon fan I am today! =^.^= sadly my gameboy and yellow got given away by accident in a clear out but I got a new gameboy and game. And I'm keeping pikachu with me! I called him Sparky!!!

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
No, I never gave up my Pikachu. I never put away my starters, I always keep them in my team. I also kept it because I liked how it stalked followed you around everywhere which was pretty cool. :chu: :t025:

myokan

Developer
Years
  • Age 22
  • US
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I never did. When I first got the game I was like ":O Pokemon FOLLOWING YOU? Thats the best" so I never did.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game, and incidentally made Pikachu my favorite Pokemon, having one fallow me was sweet, I have no memory of getting rid of him at all. In my party 24/7!

Also, it made me get used to the idea of Pokemon fallowing me, making other games disappoint me. Oops. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I kept him, even though I couldn't evolve him to a Raichu. Had to because I wanted a Vaporeon instead of a Jolteon for my choice of water-type.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yes! I loved my Pikachu in Yellow, even though I wish I could have evolved it.

It was the first pokemon I ever got to Lvl 100 :3

Back