• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh the humanity! YouTube's new comment layout.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
So YouTube has taken other step in integrating Google + into there ecosystem. They have overhauled the comment section, and like all YouTube changes, a torrent of negative feedback has hit Google.

I like how they have implemented hashtags in the comments and have made replies easier to read. The character limit on comments has been made more flexible, which I think promotes more thoughtful replies rather than splitting them up clumsily. The new way to reply to comments is egregiously clumsy and there are some glitches.

I can see what Google is trying to do with they new layout, but they need to test this new layout much more before forcing everyone onto it.

Years
I wish Google didn't implement Google+ into Youtube comments, because not only does that mean we would have to have a G+ account just to comment on a video, but it would also deviate users from Youtube that would want a Youtube account, but not a G+ account.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Google is just acting like a little kid. Nobody wants to use their ****** social site so instead of accepting their lose and bowing down to Facebook, like everyone else, they decide to use the success of YouTube in order to force people into using google+.

Google has been ****ing up YouTube since 2008.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Comments got much harder to maintain, as I need to Login into Google+ (and I maintain a few Accounts/Pages), before I can even Reply to them.
Also, what's the difference between "Mute" and "Ban from Channel"?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Comments got much harder to maintain, as I need to Login into Google+ (and I maintain a few Accounts/Pages), before I can even Reply to them.
Also, what's the difference between "Mute" and "Ban from Channel"?
I'm guessing "Mute" makes it so they can't comment on your videos or possibly like/dislike them while "Ban from Channel" makes it so they can't view anything at all on your channel.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Absolutely hideous integration, truly. Nobody but little kids and aging hipsters use Google+, and frankly I find G+ to be a whole other monster besides.

But seriously, it's like every single time you get offered an option to do this or that, you can guaran-damn-tee that they're gonna force it on you later on. It's like, why give us the option to begin with? To mess with our heads that YouTube is still cool and useful?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
And now they changed their site layout.
Spoiler:

Google what r u doing? Google. Stahp ! I don't normally complain about changes on websites, but this is just awfully annoying and confusing. Nobody wants Google+, it's rather boring and no one needs another social network site. The layout is ugly and there's so many bugs. I fear Google is just gonna kill YouTube with all these changes.

Years
Doesn't the layout shown in the pic look like what I've been seeing lately? Anyways, even though I do have accounts on both sites (but they're basically not even used) I do think Google is still destroying YouTube as we know it. Thankfully the only thing I do there is just watching the videos anyway.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Doesn't the layout shown in the pic look like what I've been seeing lately? Anyways, even though I do have accounts on both sites (but they're basically not even used) I do think Google is still destroying YouTube as we know it. Thankfully the only thing I do there is just watching the videos anyway.

That's not the layout the thread's talking about, if you take a look at the comment section of any video, you'll see what the change everyone is hating about. (For example.)

There's a petition for Google to change the layout back. If anyone doesn't like the new comment changes they should sign this.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't see the petition doing much in of itself, tbh.

I think there's some good ideas in there. Ability to edit comments finally? Threaded comments? Ability to actually have some minor formatting in there? That's actually decent imo.

Where it falls over is the forcing people to have an account on google+ which wants real names (=/) in order to comment. Which is pretty darn obtrusive.

Years
Okay, so maybe this is a little off topic, but it's YouTube-relevant, so I though I could post this here.. but apparently in Google Chrome, I'm now being forced to use the HTML5 player, and I can't turn it on or off at all. It's just being forced onto me.

Years
I only have to say this to YouTube: Dont fix what isnt broke.

Dont fix what isnt broke

Dont fix what isnt broke

Dont fix what isnt broke

Dont fix what isnt broke

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Just when you'd think Google can't **** up Youtube more, they pull off this B.S.

Look at the ratio of likes to dislikes. That tells you all, basically.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Ugh, I'm not quite sure what to say about this.

It's... not that great for watchers etc, but certainly helpful for the creators of the video. It's much more easier to control stuff, delete spam etc. But Youtube REALLY should of have told us before doing this. Like, most people on Youtube hate this. The main reason is because you have to connect to yo Google+ account, and who wants to do that? lmao :P

Eh, I bet most people will get used to it. I am already lol. It's also a chance they might switch it back! Doubt it unless a campaign is made, haha

Years
THIS!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Just when you'd think Google can't **** up Youtube more, they pull off this B.S.

Look at the ratio of likes to dislikes. That tells you all, basically.
That alone right there should be enough to say that what Google did there isn't going to work.

Years
It's just so frustrating. It was fine before, now it's awful. And you need a Google+ account, which is like the worst social network of all time (it's 100% true)...
It literally makes no sense why YouTube keeps changing for the worse. Just leave things as they are (is what I would say, but after today I say "CHANGE THINGS BACK, NOW")!

Back