• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

Somber Soul
Years
Hmm... It worked for me..
Anyways, I'm glad its free for use. But it looks like theres quite a few things that need to be fixed/added. Why is it everytime you beat a Latios you go up a level? Why is it every one step in that grass you encounter a battle. Why do you attack the trainer even after the pokemon are defeated? Thoes are just a few thigns. :rambo:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
First, that's because I haven't set how many exp you need to gain a level. The formula works fine. Second, you battle the instant you step on to the grass because I wanted to you guys to see the battle system faster. Thirdly, I mentioned that I hadn't programmed in the trainer's pokemon yet; which is the reason why it isn't working properly.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Daegon, this was always my choice for a battle system. I don't want it dead. RMXP.. I hate that.. RM2K3 is my program and if you get it finished, that's great. Trust me, there are many that don't have a clue how to make a battle system. I will use it if it is complete. Attacks are hard to add because of the picture... though I assume they could be added from the menu that is meant for attacks? Where they have the original attacks at.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I'll try to find a way to get the attacks more text-based, but currently the only way I can think of is to resize the screen. I'll keep you guys updated, but I'm only able to work on this on weekdays, up until February at the latest.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
It works great until I try to battle, but then it has a dialog that says "The file main cannot be opened." and it quits.

Years
Wow this brings me back :P
The item sys (if it's the one I used for this) was not completed, two of the menu's were not set up for in-battle use or at all I think..
I havent downloaded it but I assume you swapped it to rmxp? We always talked about this, good to see all the great work again Daegon..

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
evil saltine said:
It works great until I try to battle, but then it has a dialog that says "The file main cannot be opened." and it quits.
I'm guessing that you don't have a certain file, mate. I don't recall using many files so.. It might be the RTP.
News on the battle system: Well, I've decided to start afresh, hoping that it'll help me simplify the code, and use of variables. It'll take a long time, but I'm sure going to be working on it.
-I still have the motivation-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back