• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Customization Of Your Character In Future Pokemon Games?

Would you like to see this option in future Pokemon Games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinigami1211

Gotta start somewhere...
Years
I honestly have wondered why they haven't implemented this into the newer games so far, especially with the rise in Online activity.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I can accept this somehow, but only for the clothes not the core design of the character itself like face, hairs, or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
The only reason we haven't seen it in the handheld games so far is because of the extra space all the unused sprite pieces would take up once you've created your character. XD

Oh man I'm sure that storing all those tiny sprites would fill up the 50 megabytes of free space on each cart of Black and White.

Although really while we're still representing the character as a tiny sprite it's almost pointless to introduce a customisation aspect that'd be so difficult to make out.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've been an advocate of this for so long... though the point has been brought up that most of your customizations would be hidden by the tiny size of your overworld sprite.

Still, if I want to travel the Pokemon world wearing a frilly floral white Sunday dress, I should be able to do that.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
On trainer sprites, maybe.
On overworlds, probably not.

It's too small to actually depict, and it won't impact the storyline in any way.

Years
Absolutely yes :) This is something I've always wanted to see. When they first introduced a female character it was a huge step, and I think, even if not from scratch, you should be able to customize the protagonists at least a little, such as with hair colour etc.

On the other hand, the only reason I can see me not supporting it is because the character you're using wouldn't really be the intended protagonist, such as Gold, Brendan etc, if you know what I mean :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I love the idea of character creators, mainly because I am sick and tired of playing as the Pokemon Special Manga characters. I don't wanna play as Mr. X and Ms. Y- who will no doubt be put into their own Special Manga, I wanna actually roleplay and immerse myself in the pokemon games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
The characters aren't meant to literally be us, which is why they have official names and character designs. This is the same as playing as Link in the Legend of Zelda, even though you can change his name, he's still officially "Link". When you play RBY, you are Red, not Bob or Nick. That's why we haven't seen Trainer Customization yet and probably won't unless GameFreak decides they don't want to keep making official character designs anymore.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I do like the idea but then the series has traditionally had a set character to play and what would they do with rivals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back