• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Hack name: Pokémon Silicon (title not 100%)

Hack of:
Pokémon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Based around Jirachi and involves a conspiracy.

Finished percentage: ~5% - general tileset has been inserted as well as a few specific tilesets, first few maps have been completed

Your hacking skills: I'm a confident mapper as well as being able to edit trivial data (Pokémon data, trainers etc.)

What help or skill you're looking for: A scripter who could also help develop plot and storyline ideas and motifs.

Additional contact information: PM me here, email/msn me at [email protected] or find me at rom hackers online (Desastre)

Additional information: I'm trying to incorporate a humourous but very dark plotline, so if humour's your thing feel free to contact as well :P Also some aspects of the story have already been thought out but I still need someone to help me out on a lot of ideas; also be aware that I like to incorporate a lot of twists ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hack name: Pokemon Rainbow

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:
You start as a Boy/Girl who is 13 years old and you will fight in your journey Team aqua/Magma/Rocket and they are planning to team up to control a shiny celebi who had the power to change the time and if the one owns that celebi he can rule the world also the hero/heroine will try to stop them and when the adventure process Ho-oh will appear in alot of events to save the player from the enemy [because sometimes you will fail to fight the enemy or you will be forced to lose or something] oh and you will be able to capture ho-oh at the end of the game and also Giovanni will rule the world because he will be the first one who capture the shiny celebi and destroys team Aqua/Magma and then you will use a normal celebi to go and fight Giovanni and after you defeat him he will use the shiny celebi to eliminate the player but ho-oh will come and make a rainbow beam or something to free the shiny celebi and thats all of course there will be alot of events and stuff going on in the storyline but that what i can come up with for now

Finished percentage: 0.5%

Your hacking skills: Spriting, Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping

Additional contact information: PM please

Additional information:

lance320

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
hack name: pokemon spiritwhite
hack base: fire red
additional information about the hack: based on pokemon white but has involved adventures
my skills: editing maps, editing texts(firered only),editing starters
what skill or help are you looking for: editing titlescreens,scripter,town map places position changer, putting sprites, changing music, adding pokemon,putting and changing tiles
additional information:i'm ready for every help..its a big game(like pokemon white)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hack name: Pocket Ninja

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red Version (BPRE)

Additional information about the hack: A hack based on the popular web-based MMORPG Pockie Ninja. Google it.

Finished percentage: 3.5%

Your hacking skills: I'm a great spriter, plotter, etc.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapper (one who can change map connections, world map, etc.), scripter and another spriter for the tiles.

Additional contact information: Private Messages, facebook: [email protected]

Additional information: Any help is appreciated

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Hey there guys! Small project I'm working on.. Hope someone can help.

Hack name: Uh.. Pokémon Fire Red..Kimapop challenge? :D

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Really, you couldn't call this a full "hack". All I want to do is change the player's trainer sprites in game, nothing more!

Finished percentage: All sprites needed to be inserted are created, so depending on how much of a percentage you'd call the actual insertion of the sprites.. I'd say 50-80% complete?

Your hacking skills: Next to none. I've managed to import my backsprite after a couple of days tutorial-reading, but I'm restricted to using the original female trainer palette.. Which I can work with but isn't preferable.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm specifically looking for someone who is able to insert premade (by myself) original overworld, back and trainer sprites into a fire red hack. If you are able to change the palette of said sprites also it would give me a lot more freedom to improve and change the sprites.

Additional contact information: You can contact me via PM on this website or preferably via my email which is... [email protected]

Additional information: If you're interested in this small project for some hacking experience or for something to do in your free/spare time it'd be much appreciated. I'm slowly learning how to insert original sprites myself but the process is taking a lot of time which I don't have outside my current work schedule. Please help!

Also, as I'm an artist by trade I'd be happy to do some artwork for you in return for your kindness and help. For a preview of my work please have a look at my website: (www)kimarah(net)

Here is a quick example of some of the sprites I've made thusfar:

i437.photobucket(dot)com/albums/qq92/Kima_Stock/spritepreview_zps85e88396.png

Oh.. I can't post spoilered images until I've made more posts. Above is the written link, just insert the dot! >_<

Thanks for reading, hope to work with you soon!

-Kima

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Hack name: Pokémon Z- The Return(not final name yet)
Hack of: Firered (U) BPRE
Finished Percentage: ~15%(approximately)
Your hacking skills: Mapping, editing Starters, Pokémon and Trainers. Basic, I´m still quite new.
What help/skills I´m looking for: Scripting! Although I read some tutorials I don´t fully understand how to script. Making people appear/disappear is what I´m specially interested at.
Contact: Either write me a PM or tweet me here: https://de.twitter.com/CmAliNXS
Looking forward for your help.

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Icy grey

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Could be the best story so far in Pokemon if I can get some help. I'll only reveal the story to thoes who want to help. It will be a saga and it's been already been written.

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Tile Inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter and Scripting

Additional contact information: PM or Skype

Additional information: I really need dedicate helpers

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Hack name: Tale of the Thunder God

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: The hack takes place in a world where two countries are at war. Both countries are industrialized, and the game features mature main characters. More info given on request.

Finished percentage: ~10%, we have been waiting for new tilesets before we get too far, story/plot is 100% complete.

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping, Plot/Characters, Tile Inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters

Additional contact information: PM is best way. If you somehow cannot PM, my email is [email protected]

Additional information: We are looking for someone who wants to make tilesets and character Overworlds. Please provide some prior work, if any, and thank you!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Hack name: Pokemon NeoFlora Sky

Hack of: Pokemon Flora Sky (A Pokemon Emerald hack I believe)

Additional information about the hack: This is re-editing of the classic Pokemon hack Flora Sky with new trainers, Pokemon locations, Side quests, Maps, and other things (It's a suprise ;) ). I've also made the game easier in the beginning but A LOT harder towards the end.

Finished percentage: 92%

Your hacking skills: I know how to do most things like mapping, editing text, pokemon, trainers, etc.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need to find out how to edit the version banner from, "Flora Sky" to "NeoFlora Sky". Also I need someone who is skilled at making events like multiple trainers having conversations and such.

Additional contact information: PM me or anyother way you can contact me. If you are serious or really curious email me at [email protected]

Additional information: I would also like to meet the original makers of Pokemon Flora Sky.

Last edited:

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
Hack name:
Pokemon Island Adventure (may change)

Hack of:

FireRed

Finished percentage:
~25%

Your hacking skills:
Mapping, Scripting, Edting data, Storycreator

What help or skill you're looking for:
I'm looking for someone who can create:
Overworlds
Trainersprites
BattleBackgrounds

Additional contact information:
If you think you can do one of things listed above, please PM.

Years
Hack name/Hack of: Not a hack, but I need the services of a rom hacker to get the sprites I need

Your hacking skills: Hardly any.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help pulling maps/map tiles out of Pokemon Ranger and its sequels. In return I can offer spriting services for your game. Or maybe I have another skill you require. Shoot me a pm.

Years
Hack Name: I am making a trilogy called Pokemon: Eternal Heroes Saga. The three games are played in the following order:
1. Pokemon Eternal Frost
2. Pokemon Eternal Life
3. Pokemon Eternal Darkness

Hack of: Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald

Your hacking skills: Writing and basic map editing

What help or skill you are looking for:

Mapper- Someone who can take my world map and descriptions and make them into a stunning world

Tile Editor and Inserter: I need specific types of tile for each game

Sprite designer: to make all the in-battle and overworld sprites for each character

Scripter: Once I am finished writing the events and character dialogue, the sprites are finished, and the maps completed, I will need you to put everything into the game.

Composer: I love music, however, I don't want to use the same tracks as the other Pokemon games. So I need someone who can create original music for each of the three games.

Testers: I think four or five testers will be good to have just to let us all know how the hack is coming along, to check out any bugs

Additional info: I am in the process of writing out character dialogue and events, I have a design for a world map, character and town/route descriptions, and plans for the elite four, champion, and gym leaders. These games will also feature 4th Gen Pokemon so I will need help putting them in the game.

Contact Info: I can be reached by PM or vie e-mail:

[email protected]

If you would like to apply for help please copy and paste the following:

Subject: PKMN EHS HELP

Name:
Position:
Why you should help out:
Proof of work: (video, photo, mp3, etc- I will not tolerate stolen work)
Contact info:

Years
Hack name: None as of yet

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: 5% maybe?

Your hacking skills: Wild Battles, Trainer battle (Just since not double battle), Mapping (but not that great)

What help or skill you're looking for: Good mapper, Advanced scripter, title screen maker, Tile Editor might be more

Additional contact information: Pm me or on Youtube my user name there is Strife99 (Pm me if want my email for another contact info)

Additional information: Want to add Hoenn onto a Fire Red Rom but it will be like Kanto in Gold & Silver and you arrive at Slateport City

Years
Hack name: Not yet determined

Hack of: Pokemon Firered

Finished percentage: Less than 1% (just a couple sprites, a cartload of ideas yet unimplemented)

Your hacking skills: Primarily ideas and rather basic spriting/artwork. My main skill is having many thoughts and ideas, but I lack the ability to make them reality.

What help or skill you're looking for: Pretty much everything, but especially spriters.

Additional contact information: Just use the Private Message.

Additional information: I look for decent quality. I don't expect a masterpiece or anything, but you should have some skill. I still appreciate any help from those who have some idea what they're doing.

Also, for Pokemon Spriters, here's some I did as an example:

A Good Sprite:

Not a Good Sprite:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Hack name: Pokemon forgotten stories of legends

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Based on a story of legendary pokemon and a new evil that will rise

Finished percentage: only the story and what characters will be in the game

Your hacking skills: Mapping Adding and changing pokemon and trainers

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting and titlescreen and credits changer

Additional contact information: PM me or contact me by email [email protected]

Additional information: Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hack name: Hidden
Game being hacked: Pokemon Fire Red
What do I need help with? Sprites,OWs and Tilesets.

I am pretty much looking for a partner to work with. I need someone to help create all the art for my ROM. What kind of game is it? Well it's a ROM that I dont think has been done yet. I personally think it's a great idea and if you PM me I will tell you all about it!

Please if you are talented at the art aspect of ROM hacking, please PM me or reply to my post! I will give out more details

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Hack Name: TimeChasers
Hack Of: FireRed
Hacking Skills: Scripting, Basic Mapping

More of like a problem I am dealing with, I CANNOT insert a new worldmap. I want to insert Sinnoh, Johto, and Hoenn to replace the Sevii Islands, and have tried to insert a few test maps, but have failed horribly.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hack name: mitt romney: the experience

Hack of: Fire red duh

Additional information about the hack: it will be best.

Finished percentage: 100% of the ideas are done i just need help implementing. quick rundown: you are mitt romney and prof romney gives you pokemon to stop the evil army of mitt romney clones from destroying the planet. on your adventure you battle your rival who isnt mitt romney but a mysterious man who very well could end up being mitt romney. play it to find out!

Your hacking skills: im the ideas guy

What help or skill you're looking for: mapping, scripting, song insertion

Additional contact information: vm me

Additional information: this hackwill be the best

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Hack name: Pokemon Solaris

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:Adding a new region called Solaris and turning The Sevii Islands into Lunaris. Also getting rid of the thing with Giovanni and The Gym in Viridian City thing. Maybe adding some side quests(not sure) and a second league or something in Lunaris.

Finished percentage: 3 or 4 %

Your hacking skills:From a scale from 1 to 10:
Mapping: 6
Scripting: 4
Spriting: 5

What help or skill you're looking for:Scripting and some mapping

Additional contact information:

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Hack Name: Pokemon Team Aqua

Hack Of: Pokemon Emerald

Finished Percentage: 0%