• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've done a few RNG's lately while I've been busy.

007.png
642.png
007.png

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30, 2, 30, 30, 30, 31 Flying 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

007.png
642.png
007.png

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Nature: Naive
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 31 Flying 70
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

016.png
647.png
016.png

Keldeo ♁ Lv. 15
OT: SMR2012 | ID: 8272
Ability: Justified
IVs: 31, 2, 31, 30, 31, 31 Grass 70
Moves: Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, BubbleBeam
Non-Redis

016.png
647.png
016.png

Keldeo ♁ Lv. 15
OT: SMR2012 | ID: 8272
Ability: Justified
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
Moves: Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, BubbleBeam
Non-Redis

The first time I've ever driven to an event :D Got one on each of my games... also hooked up Blade and Gonzo!

DusknoirZac

Dusknoir
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
I have a question. I've been RNGing with my DS Lite for a while, and now I'm trying with my new 3DS. Is there much change at all? I haven't hit one seed yet, and I think I'm doing something wrong. I've done the DS parameter thing to check what Actual Second I hit and it's always 37 and I put that into EonTimer, but I still never hit my seed. Any suggestions?

Psiiionic

RNG please ^-^
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Zac: The 3DS has about 7-8 seconds delay so you have to hit about this amount of seconds before your target time. I would suggest if possible for you to use you DS Lite when you RNGing to make it easier.

Mac: Nice Roamers !!!

DusknoirZac

Dusknoir
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
But the thing is, the top screen broke so it doesn't stay open and the A button hardly works. So I just really want to figure it out on the 3DS. When does the internal DS clock change back to 0, as soon as you hit "Okay" to change the time?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
But the thing is, the top screen broke so it doesn't stay open and the A button hardly works. So I just really want to figure it out on the 3DS. When does the internal DS clock change back to 0, as soon as you hit "Okay" to change the time?

Yes.

Also, I've hit an actual second time of seven more than I have eight, just to give you an idea of where you should be hitting.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
With a 3DS, all you have to do is start the game 7 to 8 seconds before your target time, instead of 1 second. It's a little bit of an adjustment but the more you do it, the better you will get at it. The most important things are this: don't give up, and don't get frustrated. If you do, you'll never get it right :(

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
No more Dawn, Mac? :p

It's very nice to see these new RNGs, as well as more people getting into it. We have quite the community going here!

As some of you may know, my computer recently crashed. I had some .pkms stored on my computer, saving them for BW2. Thankfully, nothing overly important was lost (My teams, my super speshul Garchompz), but I did lose all of my Zekroms besides the Choice Band one, as well as the Pokemon I RNG'd specifically for BW2: Modest Thundurus (still have a Timid one on White), shiny Kyurem (for Black Kyurem), and Landorus (for Lando-T). However...

repeatball.png
645-therian.gif
repeatball.png

Landorus
Nature: Adamant
31/31/31/15/31/31

duskball.png
646-black.gif
duskball.png

Kyurem
Nature: Lonely
31/30/31/31/31/31​

...got em back :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Love the tutorial you guys have. I've looked at it for a little bit, and attempted to RNG myself (I came to the conclusion that Masuda Method is waay too time consuming).

So I presume on a DS Lite/Phat, when you start the game, you start it 1 second before the time listed in the Time Finder? My first RNG was almost what I'd hope it would be, a shiny, adamant, male Charmander, it just wasn't shiny, when I want it to be so.

Did you enter your TID and SID correctly? Also yes you start your game one second ahead of your target time.

And Wiilio, it was time for a change. ;)

Years
Hey there! I finally learned how to RNG on 4th gen.

Starly (FIRST RNG)
Dex: 396 | OT: MEIGAN | ID: 31661 | Gender: Female | Level: 1
Nature: Hardy | Ability: Keen Eye | Shiny: Yes
Held Item: None | Pokérus: No
IV's: 08 | 27 | 15 | 19 | 14 | 24
Moveset: Growl | Fly | Roost | Defog
Game On: Pearl | Generation: IV | Pokéball: Regular Pokéball | RNG

Vulpix (VULPIX)
Dex: 037 | OT: MEIGAN | ID: 31661 | Gender: Female | Level: 1
Nature: Timid | Ability: Flash Fire | Shiny: Yes
IV's: 07 | 15 | 07 | 31 | 31 | 29
Moveset: Ember | Roar | Will-o-Wisp | --

Snorunt (SNORUNT)
Dex: 361 | OT: MEIGAN | ID: 31661 | Gender: Male | Level: 1
Nature: Quirky | Ability: Ice Body | Shiny: Yes
IV's: 21 | 08 | 11 | 31 | 31 | 31
Moveset: Powder Snow | Leer | -- | --
Game On: Pearl | Generation: IV | Pokéball: Regular Pokéball

Illumise (ILLUMISE)
Dex: 314 | OT: MEIGAN | ID: 31661 | Gender: Female | Level: 1
Nature: Hardy | Ability: Tinted Lens | Shiny: Yes
IV's: 22 | 19 | 08 | 12 | 03 | 04
Moveset: Tackle | -- | -- | --

Girafarig (GIRAFARIG)
Dex: 203 | OT: MEIGAN | ID: 31661 | Gender: Female | Level: 1
Nature: Bashful | Ability: Early Bird | Shiny: Yes
IV's: 21 | 02 | 27 | 26 | 31 | 22
Moveset: Tackle | Growl | Confusion | Psychic

I play pearl.

I don't really get how to hit target time and delays. I usually just use whatever time and delay I get when I enter the game and then just find a seed from that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I used the SID and TID from some Pokemon I added to Pokecheck a long time ago on the same save file, so they haven't changed and should be correct. I'll start again and hope that I get the desired results.

Good luck. You probably just missed your frame. And flyers nice work hopefully soon you can get delay hitting down.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Knowing me, probably. This time, I was a little closer. The frame I got was frame 84, but my target frame is 78. So I need to figure out a way to better identify what frame I am on to make this a little easier. I don't think I can go backwards in frames, can I?

I'll keep my RNG results open and try again tomorrow.

No, you cannot go backwards in frames. The best way to identify which frame you are on is to not use an Everstone when breeding. That way, you have many different natures that should help you identify which frame you are on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2012
Hi I have tried doing this.. But i can't get it to work can one of the experts give me their skype so they can walk me through this?

loucas

100% hot
Years
hey guys how are you? i'm back, finally.
AND omg. i missed a hell lot of challenges.

Oh might as well post this :)))

i've tried finally, to rng my 4TH gen games. i did a go for my desired ID first, after three tries, i've got it! but it didn't have good seeds so i deleted it.

what i can't figure out is this, when i tried to rng my starter at 4th gen, it says i should use method one in time finder, but when i put it in the RNGreporter, it doesn't add up, it frustrates me.

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Bought my new kiddo: Japanese Diamond
20120918028.jpg

My first abuses with the new game :)

Cresselia
1.png
(lvl 50)
488.png
014.png

Nature: Sassy || Ability: Levitate || OT: ばかとの (15428)
IVs: 31/1/31/31/31/0
Mist|Aurora Beam|Future Sight|Slash

the trio... Mesprit was caught with 133th ball...

Mesprit
1.png
(lvl 50)
481.png
014.png

Nature: Bold || Ability: Levitate || OT: ばかとの (15428)
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
Confusion|Lucky Chant|Future Sight|Charm

Azelf
1.png
(lvl 50)
482.png
003.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Levitate || OT: ばかとの (15428)
IVs: 31/30/30/30/30/30 [HP Fighting 70]
Confusion|Uproar|Future Sight|Nasty Plot

Uxie
1.png
(lvl 50)
480.png
015.png

Nature: Quiet || Ability: Levitate || OT: ばかとの (15428)
IVs: 31/1/31/31/31/0
Confusion|Yawn|Future Sight|Amnesia

and the cutie :3c Comes from my B2. It;s so amazingly cute so I just have to share it.

Minccino ♀
1.png
(lvl 21)
572.png
012.png

Nature: Jolly || Ability: Skill Link || OT: ♠カミラ♠ (0)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
DoubleSlap|Encore|Swift|Sing

Years
I tried following the Trade Corner's RNG guide and I'm quite confused, and was wondering if someone could help :S

I followed everything, perfectly I'm sure, where I get my DS parameters and use them to try to generate Pokemon spreads. I narrow down my search by choosing specific IVs and whatnot so that it's a fast search, and I've tried changing the month, the year, the nature, etc. to try to get it to work but no matter what I do I never generate any times. I'm unsure of what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of what my DS parameters screen looks like:
Spoiler:

Here's a screenshot of my Time Finder screen:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
this thread brings back so many memories Hi Live in Color, I can't quite think off the top of my head about what would be the problem. Can you post screenshots of RNG reporter? Maybe you're not entering something right or your search is too narrow.

Feel free to hop on the trade corner chatroom and someone may be able to help you.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Everything looks fine, just add more keypresses, it'll be easier to find anything :) you could also extend your Nearby Shiny Frame to 500. It will take longer for Reporter to work but nuch higher change to find the desired Pokemon. I have to warn you that it's possible that you'll have to search multiple years.

Years
Now I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I changed the keypresses to none, one, two and three, I changed the shiny advances to 500 and I selected every month in the year and I'm still not finding anything. :/

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
OK, NOW I see your mistake!

Gift pokemon can't be synchronized, so you have to pick a certain nature and uncheck synch box. I assumed you're trying to catch the 'mon and didn't look at encounter type, my bad.

If you don't get your results in the first year of searching, search more years. it took me approximately 30 years of searching before I found a very specific desired seed.

Good luck!

ps. as twilightblade said, if you need instant help, visit the chatroom ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back