• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Gym Leaders Speculation

blue

gucci
Years
I'd guess having something like this; Grass, Fire, Psychic, Bug, Dark, Ghost, Rock, Fighting? Although the Fire looking gym could have been an Elite Four room.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I think that sometime in the game (probabl after-game) you will be able to have your own gym. And it'll kinda work like the Battle Tower. I wonder what types the new Gym Leaders will have? Ghost? Hm...

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
A Dark-type gym is long overdue. And, just a wild theory, it looks like they may finally introduce a Light-Type guy, based off of the Deer legendary (I'm assuming it's legendary), so if that does happen, they'll probably make a Light gym.

Bug and Fire are guaranteed by the video.

Sadly, I think they'll take advantage of the 3D graphics to just make the puzzles look better, not improve them at all otherwise.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Regarding the predicted Fire Type Gym...I don't think it will be a Gym. It looks like one, square room with a circular battle field in the centre. Meaning, perhaps it's an Elite Four Member's room?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
My only request is to NOT have a rock type gym leader. Please.

I'm hoping for a male flying gym leader if we get a flying one, because we've had enough females.
I'm hoping for a steel type gym leader.
I'm hoping for a dark type gym leader.
I'm hoping for gym leaders that are twins.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm hoping for a male flying gym leader if we get a flying one, because we've had enough females.

I could imagine him as like, a big powerful pilot who is friends with Skyla and often "borrows" her planes. And for the people in his gym to be flight hostesses! Male and female ones :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I could imagine him as like, a big powerful pilot who is friends with Skyla and often "borrows" her planes. And for the people in his gym to be flight hostesses! Male and female ones :3
That would be terrible. I'd prefer someone more like Falkner, but with Burgh flair!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ew no. Not that I'm opposed to Burgh but if the male flying trainer has the fashion style of Burgh I'll be disappointed. ;(

But srs, a pilot sounds badass, HE COULD EVEN FLY YOU TO THE REGION. But really I can't think of what else could be done other than Pilot/Falkner :x

blue

gucci
Years
I think you're forgetting about Falkner ;)

Spr_HGSS_Falkner.png

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I really really really do hope they'll make a Dark-type gym leader. 'Cause they have never made a Dark-type gym leader before and I would really love it if they do.

But if they don't, I'd be a little disappointed. :x

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I hope they continue what they did in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 and give the gym leaders character and personality, and make them do more than just battle you. I want them to actually to have a place in the story line.

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
Years
My predictions:
1: Electric
2: Dark
3: Flying
4: Fire
5: Dragon
6: Ghost
7: Grass
8: Water

E4
1: Normal
2: Bug
3: Steel
4: Ice
Champ: Poison

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The room with chimney cries Normal type to me with it's household look and all. Maybe the gym leader is a cook or something home education related.

I don't think the vine place is a gym but a new terrain or at least I hope so as I'll love new terking styles.

I want it to be as this (not in any particular order):

Normal
Ghost
Psychic
Dark
Poison
Steel
Ground
Flying

which are all types that need more gyms (or in the case of Dark, one)

E4:
Fire
Electric
Grass
Water
Champ: Dark (Johto and Unova (2) had a dragon champ and a dragon gym leader, while Hoenn had a Water champ (E) and a water gym leader in two of those three it's been the 8th gym)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I have a bad feeling we wont get a Dark type Gym and instead we'll be treated to another Dark E4 member.

I'm hoping we have a Bug gym leader who presents you with the 7th or 8th badge. I'm fairly certain we've never had a Bug leader higher than the 3rd badge.

Years
Nica we already have a pilot gym leader! I think Skyla is enough, another one would be overkill.

I'm glad to see there appears to be a bug type gym! I'd want it to be the eighth gym though, since it could show how strong bug types are, and would be a really fun and interesting final dream. As for other gym types, I definitely want a dark type gym. Too be honest, the gym where we see the female MC standing looks to me like it could be dark. Especially with the gif - dark types are about illusions and tricks, right? So the gym is constantly changing, and it makes it difficult to navigate, with trainers popping out everywhere - seems incredibly fun to me! :D

I'd also love to see another poison type gym! With all the great types dual typed with poison, it could be interesting, and a really fun gym if they went creative with it. I know we just had Roxie, but whatever! And another steel type gym would be fun! And I love normal pokemon, so another normal type gym would rock!

Can't wait.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I wanna see Grass and Bug type Gyms at higher levels. None of them have made it that high up in the Gyms.

Also we need Steel, Dark, Ghost and Poison type gyms. They aren't very commonly used compared to most.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It would be nice to see Grass/Water type have a shine at the Elite Four.
Still waiting on that Dark Gym, GameFreak!

I'm not sure whether the fire thingy mo gig is a E4 room, or a Gym.

But Fire is deffo up in there.

Back