• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Project: Pokéchao Dex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So, the idea of this (due to the new trend of Chao spriting) is to remake the entire D/P Pokédex with Chao sprites:​

For example:​
Spoiler:

So lucas spengal and I thought that a good idea would be to get all spriters on PC to help with spriting an entire Chao'dex :)​

Here is the sprite sheet which is available for use:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmndiamondpearl/sheet/6937
Credit obviously given to Spiter's Resource​

And here are the Pokémon which are done.​

Spoiler:

Rules:
SAVE IN .PNG or .GIF please!!
The Chao HAVE to resemble the Pokemon they are based on. Any edits have to be justified.​

For those who aren't sure how to sprite Pokechao, here is a brief tutorial, courtesy of one of our regular posters, ShaySkymin (formerly Lilizelf):​
Spoiler:

Thankyou, and happy spriting :)​

Last edited:

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
Well its been a while since I've last made a poke chao, but hopefully I'm still ok at them.

I would tell you what pokemon this is, but hopefully its obvious enough that you can tell.

snorlaxchao.png

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
Well I guess I might as well do munchlax as well, I'll post it in a couple of minutes.

EDIT:

Ok here it is:

munchlax.png

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
I'm a beginner, so this isn't very good but I just slapped together a squirtle one.
vymyx0.png

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
ok here they are. and i will respect the rule and ill claim a choa tomarrow.

opps i put 2 raichu on there.

oh and i think we are also doing shinys right? so anyone who has made a choa can make a shiny of it to.

Years
I'll reserve Mew, and I guess Bulbasaur, unless someone else wants that one.

So, for the purpose of consistency.. are we leaving the outlines black, to keep with the chao style?

Years
I think, to keep with the Chao spriting, keep the outlines black.
(off-topic, but Kenji~: CARRIE UNDERWOOD :D)

And I don't know where there might be a tutorial, bemertonboy

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
If you google 'pokemon chao tutorial' you should find a few. And I'm pretty sure you're meant to leave the black outline to keep the chao theme.

EDIT: Broken.Promise beat me to it lol

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
could I reserve Pikachu please? I'll try and et it to you by monday at the latest...I've never tried it but I want to do it with an easy Pokemon...like Pikachu.:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back