• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SS team, Before E4, still need a 6th!

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
LvL 40 Feraligator Lonely
Agility, Waterfall, Dig, Icefang
He's been the backbone of my team since Croconaw

LvL 36 Flareon Serious
Bite, Quick Attack, Secret Power, Fire Blast

LvL 37 Exeggcute Rash
Confusion, Leech Seed, Sleep Power, Bullet Seed
I'm having some doubts about this guy, my original intent was to train him to 47 for psychic then evolve him but he's falling behind. Now I was thinking of evolving him to get Wood Hammer in place of bullet seed then psychic later on from the TM.

LvL 37 Crobat Docile
Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Fly, Bite
First time I trained a crobat he was almost essential to my team in the end so now I always train one if I have the the opening.

LvL37 Ampharos Naive (meh nature but I was getting burnt out searching)
Thunderpunch, Thunder, Charge, Focus Blast
Not sure what moves to give him later on, Signal Beam seems nice for the extra type.would most likely replace T.Punch and keep him Spc.A

Some criticism would be awesome on a 6th poke and what to do with exeggcute( Replace, Evolve or Train)

Thanks!

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
evolve exegcute

maybye train lugia if in ss
or dratini in hg
maybye espeon
or scizor
i think you need a defensive pokemon so steelix would be nice
these have all been tried and tested by me so that way you will not lose

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Thanks for the tips danaxe, I caught a dratini but just didnt have the patience to level him =P.. Picked up Ursaring for my 6th, can't get steelix or scissor because I don't have the ability to trade >.<

Have will beaten, my team thus far:
Lvl 42 Ampharos Naive
Signal Beam > Charge

Lvl 38 Ursaring Lonely
Faint Attack, Slash, Aerial Ace, Avalanche

Lvl 42 Feraligator Lonely
Earthquake > Dig

Lvl 41 Crobat Docile
Poison Fang > Meanlook

Lvl 43 Exeggcutor Rash
Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Lvl 40 Flareon Serious
Same set

Critique on my team? please and thank you =P

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Honestly I think you should concentrate on leveling up a little. Not necessarily because you wont make it through otherwise: You should be fine with your current team; more so you can have some higher levels when making your way into Kanto. I make sure my team is at least at level 45 on my way in

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
I wish I would've done that before diving in.. Bruno's machamp was a pain, Karen wasn't too bad but Lances level differences are whats killing me >.<

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I'd go for something along the lines of a bulky water. I'd use either Vaporeon or Tentacruel, both are equally great. Also Lapras is a viable option, with a great movepool, AND ice type STAB, Lance should be a piece of cake. I'd opt for Lapras in this situation, personally.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Thanks for the tips danaxe, I caught a dratini but just didnt have the patience to level him =P.. Picked up Ursaring for my 6th, can't get steelix or scissor because I don't have the ability to trade >.<

Have will beaten, my team thus far:
Lvl 42 Ampharos Naive
Signal Beam > Charge

Lvl 38 Ursaring Lonely
Faint Attack, Slash, Aerial Ace, Avalanche

Lvl 42 Feraligator Lonely
Earthquake > Dig

Lvl 41 Crobat Docile
Poison Fang > Meanlook

Lvl 43 Exeggcutor Rash
Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Confusion, Sleep Powder

Lvl 40 Flareon Serious
Same set

Critique on my team? please and thank you =P

I think that feraligatr is fine, mine is a little different but still very similiar, I have - Surf (Water)
- Hydro Cannon (Water)
- Ice Punch (Ice)
- Superpower (Fight)

U did the best choice in Ampharos cause u can easy KO Dark types like Umbreon (which i had a really bad time to faint that black fox)

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
You shld ditch Flareon. Mediocre and out classed by many other fire types. (Typlosion, arcanine and even ninetails have stronger fire blasts)

I recommend getting machoke/machamp or heracross. Cross chop/brick break/close combat would wreck dark types and 2 of Red's pokemon later (which include the annoying snorlax).
focus blast on ampharos is bad cos
1) horrible accuracy (unless u always want to waste a turn to use x-accuracy 2) not ampharos specialty so no STAB

and yeah get ice punch for feraligatr. setup with x-attack and you can sweep lance's dragonites with ice punch.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
I really like the way Flareon looks, but it's a physical attacker, leaving it little use for in-game. Maybe keep your Flareon in storage until after e4 where you can get it to learn more appropriate moves. Since you have SoulSilver, Ninetales is your other option (unless if you want to restart with Cyndaquil.) Ninetales is a satisfactory fire type. (:

For your 6th Pokemon you could get Dratini if you are up to doing some difficult training. You already have a flying type, but Gliscor is a nice Pokemon and remains an option.
If you can trade, you can get a Donphan. It's slow but has good Attack.
Mamoswine might be useful against those pestful Dragons you have to face when you go up against Clair and the champion.

If you do think Execcutor is falling behind and you want a physic replacement, Espeon is good. Of course, you'll either have to breed you Flareon or trade to get one.

Back