• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
So, Once you get married it sticks forever right? What if a married character died? (i'm playing casual anyway, so no worries)

Can each couple have more than one child, or only one?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yeah, it's forever. This is because, in Classic, many characters don't die so much as they become permanently unable to fight.

This hasn't always been the case, though; in previous Fire Emblem games, ones prior to the remake of Monsho no Nazo, characters did die (in most cases) when they were defeated in battle.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
So, Once you get married it sticks forever right? What if a married character died? (i'm playing casual anyway, so no worries)

Can each couple have more than one child, or only one?

I don't know about remarrying, but Chrom is the only one garaunteed to have two children Lucina and another based on the wife. A Male Avatar can also have two kids based on the same principle, provided the wife has a playable kid. (So Morgan and whoever) And a Female Avatar can have Lucina and Morgan.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Oh, so there are only so many playable kids programed into the game? I assumed it just generated a new character. Well, that just means I got to know what I want to do with the kid before I make one.

I think I might Promote Sumia now, to get Galeforce sooner. And Promote Lissa soon so she can use offensive tomes (sage).

Is the amount of XP you get from battle based on you current class level, or your "real" level? (Is Sumia going to level up slow once promoted, even if she promotes before lv.20?)

p.s. Male Avatar looks very silly as a Dark Mage.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I don't know about remarrying, but Chrom is the only one garaunteed to have two children Lucina and another based on the wife. A Male Avatar can also have two kids based on the same principle, provided the wife has a playable kid. (So Morgan and whoever) And a Female Avatar can have Lucina and Morgan.

I think it's nice that they took the time and actually had support conversations actually acknowledging the variable mother/father as well as the siblings. I paired Chrom with Sumia so that made Lucina and Cynthia sisters and their interactions were quite cute.

Years
I just bought the game today, and I'm in L-O-V-E.

@Snowpoint Quincy, it's funny that you say it plays alot like Advance Wars because its the same developer (Intelligent Systems) behind both games.

I'm only about 6 hours into the game. I'm playing Classic-Normal, I've had three characters die so far, but I don't see that happening again any time soon. I am just in love, the new Pairing system is just a blast.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Got my first Silver Sword from a challenge map (random battle). I'm thinking of forging it to make it more awesome, though it would be extremely expensive to do so.

I forged a standard Thunder Tombe and named it Pikachu.

Avatar Zeus has been promoted to Grandmaster at Lv.20. Lissa was promoted to Sage after Lv.10 because she wasn't healing often enough to level up at all. I recomend promoting your healers at Lv.10 that way they can do a little damage.

I've noticed that my characters are at full heath or dead, so healers haven't made much impact. There are some maps where they are good, but often they just stay paired up and never heal.

Have you noticed that the random battles are harder than the regular battles? The first 3-4 where actually higher leveled than the main story at that point. Only recently did I get some Lv5-7 challenge maps to work on weaker characters.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@SnowpointQuincy - Maybe you should train more or pair up more, because it really isn't safe to go through the game with fragile characters, even if they're strong.

I even make it a point to have my magic-based characters have enough defense so that they can go it alone when they need to. In the beginning, they were exclusively paired off, but now I let them go it alone and they can take quite a few hits, which works to make things a lot easier for me.

Years
Ok, I figured since some of us have already kinda logging our progress I'll do a quick little log.

I'm on Chapter 10

Only Chrom and my avatar have full support

I have not advanced or changed any ranks

Casulties/Retires: Valke, Miriel, Virion, Gregor.

I've acquired Mist,Florina, Erika, and Ameilia (though I don't use them) I have 410 renown

I'm really sad about losing Gregor, I lost him by complete accident, and he's the only character that's died so far that I actually liked, the rest of them were on my low tier (I really disliked Virion and Miriel, so it was kinda ironic they died together in the same mission).

My streetpass team includes: My Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Kelfam, Lon'qu, Nowi, Libra, and Tharja

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I guess we are logging, so here goes.

Mode: Hard/Classic

I'm currently on Chapter 14 and have about 22 hours...but that's not including the progress that wasn't saved from losing or restarting saves. I'd say, with that include, I have 24-28 hours clocked it. Most of my time was spent on Parley battles, Challenges, and Para/Xenolouges. It's not so much because I don't enjoy the story (which is rather engaging) as it is because battling is so much fun and I really enjoy the side missions. That, and it's a great way for me to level my weaker units.

Casualties: None

Social Li- I mean Support: ...Too many too count, but Miriel and my Main Unit are married, as well as Sumia and Chrom. Sully and Frederick are also married, and they make quite the pair in battle. Still regretting not marrying Tharja, but the Supports between Miriel and my child are pretty entertaining.

Also, my MU's child is yet another mage! hooray. I immediately reclassed her to a Tactician since I already use 4 other mages in my main team usually, so I threw her a Bronze Sword and...things are slow. Her magic is exceptional, but her swordsmanship is pretty inadequite, and since her mother is a mage as well, the pairing between them makes for some good, albeit unsurprising results. She doesn't pair with her father often, but I'll be sure to change that.

Despite the fact that I was one of the first ones in the thread to get the game, you guys'll probably have the game finished before I do; I've been spending a lot of time doing the small stuff between missions.

---

Oh, and Quincy, I forgot to answer your question. They can't remarry as when the characters are defeated in combat, they aren't always dead, and usually they aren't. As such, the bond between the two is not broken, and they will remain married.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Ok, I figured since some of us have already kinda logging our progress I'll do a quick little log.

I'm on Chapter 10

Only Chrom and my avatar have full support

I have not advanced or changed any ranks

Casulties/Retires: Valke, Miriel, Virion, Gregor.

I've acquired Mist,Florina, Erika, and Ameilia (though I don't use them) I have 410 renown

I'm really sad about losing Gregor, I lost him by complete accident, and he's the only character that's died so far that I actually liked, the rest of them were on my low tier (I really disliked Virion and Miriel, so it was kinda ironic they died together in the same mission).

My streetpass team includes: My Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Kelfam, Lon'qu, Nowi, Libra, and Tharja

If your avatar a girl? If not, then you should really pair Chrom with one of the girls because if he's not paired with anyone after chapter 12, he'll automatically be paired with Sumia. (Since she has highest priority)

I've already finished the game actually. Normal was much too easy. (Donnel was pretty much invincible, lol) Felt like a lot of time was actually spent recruiting the children.

I think the game is definitely on par with FE7. FE4 did the whole marriage/children thing a lot better, and the story was much more impactful in my mind. Everything else though was excellent. My only critique is the limited customization choices for your unit.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I reclassed Fredrick after getting Lv.5 Luna abillity. GREAT DECISION. He is getting 20-30 XP per killing blow like regular units and leveling up like mad. Sad that he can only use axes for a while, I just got a second Silver Lance (the first belonging to Freddy) [also, Luna and Critical Hit triggered at the SAME TIME during his first mission as a Wyvern Rider.]

Sumia hit Lv.20 -> Promoted to Dark Flier

Healers get way more XP for rescues, so... if you don't use rescues fore anything else... You could spam them to get a healer to Lv10 and then reclass them. (then they can heal and attack)

Years
If your avatar a girl? If not, then you should really pair Chrom with one of the girls because if he's not paired with anyone after chapter 12, he'll automatically be paired with Sumia. (Since she has highest priority)

Although I appreciate the advice, I would rather like to avoid any spoilers along the way, if you would be so kind. It's kinda ok though, Sumia is the one I was kinda working on with him.

Small Update:

Chrom is now a Grandmaster, I've acquired Marth, and Donnel and Khellam are now A Rank.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
^Sorry about that. :) Figured you'd like to know in case you were gunning for a certain pairing. But I guess it's your intention to go through the game blindly.

Good, now start a new game and go Classic/Lunatic; I'm sure it'll be the easy enough.

No way, dude. Only way I'll ever try lunatic is to choose casual mode along with it. After playing the headache that is FE5, I can only imagine how difficult lunatic mode is. I enjoy the FE series, but I'm not a hardcore player.

Honestly, the thing that made it too easy was the fact that you could abuse the free DLC map. Speaking of DLC, it's seems Micaiah is now available for download. Didn't realize till now, but there is no light-magic in this game, no?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
If Chrom has zero support points with all possible Wives, he marries someone else....

Spoiler:

according to a wiki.

Edit-------------

I married Kellam and Marribelle. I used Kellam to tank for Maribell while she was leveling up, and their Supports are adorable. Although their child will be a mess! Maybe a Dark Knight or something.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I've been using Donnel and man he is a monster. I've reclassed him twice (Villager-->Fighter-->Mercenary) and he is absurdly strong even when using weak weapons. He's definitely staying in my main teams.

I've also been taking my time with this game and doing a lot of the side stuff/grinding members. I haven't decided who's gonna be in my main teams aside from Chrom, My unit, and Donnel. There are so many likable characters that are great!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
...My MU's daughter is stronger than my MU, and he was reclassed twice. It's a little scary. I ended up maxing her level and making her into a Grandmaster while my MU is still a tactician (mainly because he was reclassed twice). Well, it's not so surprising, I try to keep my MU out of battles because of how strong he is, and there's no real worry about him becoming underleveled or too weak.

The children's parents will be censored for spoiler purposes, as well as one of the children's names.

My children have basically forced themselves onto my team (except for Laurent, because that would make him my sixth magic character. Love ya' son), and they're a force to be reckoned with. Morgan, my daughter, keeps around Raiden, an upgraded Levin Sword, Excalibur X, an upgraded Steel Sword (it would have been Excalibur III, but that was too long a name), and magic, just in case. She can go it alone and can take quite a bit of damage. So she's probably my best unit, especially when paired with her father.

Then there's Luci, who carries around several swords, often pairing with her father. These two tend to deal a lot of damage since they team attack alot, although Luci doesn't have the greatest defense.

Kjella, who is a knight, is probably as good as Kellam when it comes to defense, and she's incredibly strong. I'd say that she might even be able to take more damage than Kellam, especially when paired with her father, who guards her a lot (but her mother deals the most damage), which makes for great wall tactics...unless mages are involved.

Then there's Laurent. Poor Laurent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back