• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years

I'm using my phone, and when I attempt to download on either links, it will pop up into my notifications and say
"xxxxxxxxxxx"
Download failure

the x's representing random letters and numbers
Then try to download from PC and transfer the file into your phone because now I assume your browser has some downloading issues

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2019
I'm having a problem with this game. I'm using a few pokemon who have had their level up movesets altered, but none of the new moves are being learnt. The 2 that I've noticed are Aron not learning Rock Throw at lvl 15 and Natu not getting Air Cutter at lvl 22.

Any help would be appreciated. Other than that, you've done an amazing job on this hack

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
I love this hack but it's unfortunately too difficult for me. (I'm not terribly good at pokemon.) Is there a hack that's almost exactly like this without the increased difficulty? The biggest feature that I'm looking for is the ability to catch all 386 pokemon from generations 1-3.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm having a problem with this game. I'm using a few pokemon who have had their level up movesets altered, but none of the new moves are being learnt. The 2 that I've noticed are Aron not learning Rock Throw at lvl 15 and Natu not getting Air Cutter at lvl 22.

Any help would be appreciated. Other than that, you've done an amazing job on this hack
Um... 3rd generation hack => 3rd generation movepools?
I can only guess as you mentioned Air Cutter which is clearly not in game as it did not exist in generation III.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
I just want to say that I love your hacks Suicune. ^_^ They're definitely a challenge. I recently got done with your Complex Crystal one. It was...quite difficult. The jumps in level made it quite interesting and annoying at times.

I was looking for an Emerald one when I came across this. I hope it isn't as hard to level up your Pokemon as it was in your Complex Crystal one. I look forward to playing this hack.

Keep up the amazing work. ^_^

EDIT: I decided to edit this post instead of double posting.

I'm having a problem. On route 101 I don't run into ANY Pokemon. Not a single one. They're just not appearing. Are there supposed to be Pokemon that appear or is something not right?

Also, I'm not sure if this is against anything or not, but I am also using a recent Moemon patch for Emerald as well. Just to give it something different in look.

Could that be affecting things? Please let me know. Thanks. <3

EDIT2: Another edit. I'm not sure if it has to do with the combining of the Moemon patch and this, but the first Bug Catcher (I think his name is Bug Catcher Rick) freezes the game when he tries to send out his first Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
I have no real knowledge of ROM hacking, but regarding the cry glitches for Combusken, Blaziken, and Sceptile, would it be possible to replace the corrupted cries for clean ones through using PokeCry to fix the static? I apologize if this is a very stupid question...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have no real knowledge of ROM hacking, but regarding the cry glitches for Combusken, Blaziken, and Sceptile, would it be possible to replace the corrupted cries for clean ones through using PokeCry to fix the static? I apologize if this is a very stupid question...

Sadly, no. The cries would just become corrupt again IIRC.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013

You need to insert a NEW cry of a poke e.g Sceptile, on empty space of the rom then you can repoint with PokemonGameEditor. Though, you will need to increase the rom's size/empty space if you are out of empty space.

These are the most annoying corrupted pokes: Regice, Camerupt, Nuzleaf, Aipom, Seedot, Blaziken & Sceptile. Then there is like 40 ~ 50 pokes left but they are just slightly annoying.

I only managed to fix Sceptile cry just for testing, not 100% vanilla cry but the annoying sounds are gone.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Its really an amazing game !!!! :) do u hav any walkthrough for this ??

You do realize that you're in the Sideshow subforum, right?

No. It's not a problem with the cries themselves but the memory, because hacker accidentally used the wrong space. Inserting them would only corrupt other things, as is explained here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217054

It's not a new situation at all, is extremely easy to do, and 100% cannot be fixed after it happens.

Last edited:
Back