• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In what ways do you want a Pokémon to protect you?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
here's another Pokémon protection question. if a Pokémon were to protect you, how would you want that Pokémon to protect you? (in what ways)

I'd like a Reshiram to protect me be hugging me in its wings so I am safe from harm. I would be completely shielded

I'd like a Latias & Latios to surround me to protect me so any harm won't hurt me.

just to name a few

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
In any way as long as it stops the threat. Doesn't really matter how.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Almost every Pokemon knows Protect. And it's guaranteed to work at least once, so yeah.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd be okay with any Pokémon protecting me as long as they know Safeguard. Safeguard may not be very useful in-game, but you would know how powerful it actually is if you've seen it being used in the anime. d: It keeps you inside a big mystical aura, and nothing would ever be able to touch you as long as you're surrounded by it. Protect is a good move as well, but since it doesn't always work, it's just not as reliable as Safeguard.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, I wouldn't want my Pokémon to protect me. I would want us to be friends, and the like. Protect each other and all. Oh well, using its innate ability to do so. I wouldn't cheat with specific moves and all that, since I don't see how Magikarp can use Protect. He can, however, fast-talk that Sharpedo into running away, so yeah.

Back