• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hoenn.jpg

[SIZE=+7]H O E N N † D I A R I E S[/SIZE]

[ PRESS START ]

It's been several years ever since the events of Pokémon Emerald took place. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza have returned to their eternal slumber in hidden sectors within the landmass, and the region of Hoenn has fallen into a state of peace and prosperity. More and more challengers are rising up as they try to take on both the Hoenn League and the contest scene - natives to the island and tourists alike -. Young trainers are appearing in droves each looking to achieve their goals and realize their every ambition. And you are one such trainer, a young male or female from Lavaridge Town or small settlements nearby, and you are about to begin your own journey. You will experience fierce battles, view captivating contests and take on many other challengers as you seek to fulfil your dreams – whatever they happen to be.​

[ ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO READS HERE ]

if you've already abandoned all hope, please disregard this message.

Your character will be able to start their journey with any non-legendary pokemon from Gens I to V (I will be including Gen VI pokemon only after the full Kalos dex is released). The only requirement is that it is on its first stage of evolution (it doesn't have to be a pokemon that can evolve but you will probably enjoy the RP more if it can). Other than that players will not choose the ability and moves of their chosen starter – that will be decided by a GM after a character is submitted and approved.​

[ GAMEPLAY. NOPE, NO FUNNY TITLE HERE. NOT AT ALL ]

Progress: The role play will be broken into several chapters, starting with the first beginning in Lavaridge Town. The length of chapters will vary but the general progress mechanic will be that small-average length routes will take a full IC day to traverse whilst landmarks such as Mt. Chimney and long routes may take up to several IC days.​

Goals/Aims: Whilst chapters will be structured assuming that characters will be challenging the Hoenn regions gyms it is not mandatory for characters to have defeating the league as their goal. The focus of this Role Play will be on the individual goals of each character whatever they may be.​

Pokémon: To create a better flow and more interesting environment in the role play levels will not exist in this RP. Rather evolutions or the appearance of evolutionary items (trade evolutions will not exist) will be decided by a GM. Similarly, whilst a wild pokemon's moves will be chosen by the RPer (otherwise it would be impossible to not have levels) the abilities of pokemon will be chosen at the discretion of GMs as will opportunities to learn new moves.​

Players will be able to encounter wild pokemon at will, however posts are required to end at the capture attempt (this is negotiable for story line purposes but discuss it with me first). The success of the capture (and as such the ability of the captured pokemon) is also to be determined by a GM – in general most captures will be successes but if there is a good reason then they may not be.​

The limit of pokemon to a team will be six however Professor Birch and Brendon will look after any extras and swap team members with those "stored" via PCs in the style of the anime (having seen it is not going to be required in the slightest). Whilst to begin with no Generation Six pokemon will be included this role play utilises the Gen 6 type chart.
Update: We will now be including Gen 6 pokemon as wild pokemon available to be caught.
Interaction: You can interact with each other and create NPCs at will. All gym leader battles will also be NPCs (but they will have predetermined teams).

[ SUBMIT OR PERISH (ALSO KNOWN AS SIGN-UP SHEET) ]

Full Name: Self-Explanatory​

Age (13-18): Stick to the limit, feel the limit, BE THE LIMIT.​

Appearance: How they look. Complexion, ethnicity, body traits and all that jazz.

Personality: How they act and react. Their mental state, quirks, their... ahem, flaws. You know the drill.

Goal: Some aspiration or dream they strive to achieve.
Brief History: In which all historical details of historyness are detailed in a very history kinda way.
Chosen Starter: Any Pokemon as long as it is in its Basic Stage and a non-legendary.
Other: Anything that cannot qualify on any of the fields above. Void if non-applicable.​

[ RULES. RULES? RULES! ]

1. GM word is law (especially mine)
  2. Don't god mod and don't bunny without permission
  3. Don't encounter legendries without first discussing it with me.
  4. Don't request gen six pokemon until the full dex is released.
  5. Don't go ahead of chapters.
  6. Only one person can challenge a gym at a time (because logic).
  7. Try to post once a week. We are sympathetic to various circumstances but we would like you to try and adhere to this rule.
  8. You will notice that this RP has an "M" rating. This is to allow the maximum amount of freedom for plotlines. Please don't abuse this rating though.
  9. Do be respectful and try to have fun.
[ CHAPTERS ]
1. The Journey Begins

3. The Road to Mauville

[ GAME-MASTERS ]

Gimmepie (myself) and Scyke. We both live in different time zones, so chances are that one of us will be on to address any problems that come up. Furthermore, most decisions we make will be collaborative - so you can be assured that everything will be as fair as it can be.​

[ ACCEPTED CHARACTERS ]

3. Albert "AJ" Johnson with Shuppet as starter (TheZenTraveller)

4. Skylar Rose with Poochyena as starter (ShaaymieTheShaymin)

5. Kuro Nauje with Sandile as starter (Nauje)

Last edited:
Years
I'll have my own SU posted here soon. Once we start getting some more sign-ups I'll submit the IC and give you details on the first chapter.

Edit: My own SU is inside the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I'd like to reserve a spot but the SU would be possible only from 9th onwards. Is that okay? If possible I'd like to help with GMing.

Edit: Here it is:

Akito Sasaki

Chapter 0.0 - Signup​

Full Name: Akito Sasaki.

Appearance:

Akito has blonde – brown type of hair which he says is natural but nobody's too sure about that. His hairstyle is basically a Hugh Jackman – Wolverine type and he likes to flaunt it. His body is well muscled owing to his prowess with the arts. His eyes are an amber color and are often covered with sunglasses.

Akito stands at a good height of 6'3. A smell of perfume often drifts around him. While practicing sparring with Hercules he often wears boxing gloves, however if he is training for battles with Hercules he wears gloves.

Akito wears a sleeveless shirt complete with a jacket or if he travels to the colder areas a sweater. He wears light colored pants or shorts most of the time. Below the jacket (or sweater) is a small belt with Pokeballs. While going on a journey he carries his azure bag pack around.

Personality:

Akito is generally friendly and cheerful, eager to help anyone.
He is very competitive and no one can stop him from entering any tournaments if they're hosted close to where stays and are convenient to attend to. Though he is very good in martial arts he is extremely smart and cunning and if stuck in any situation he usually finds a way to squeeze out of it.

He is mentally very confident and hard to crack. He is mentally very comfortable around pokemon. Akito and hi chosen partner – Hercules are extremely good around each other. His iron fist and determination makes him a dangerous enemy.

Akito however has his own list of flaws. Starting of with his looks. That guy is obsessed with trying to impress everybody with his looks – dudes and girls alike. He has a naturally impressive wardrobe with many different types of clothes. He also has a hot temper and virtually no patience. That leads to his world record of breaking somebody's bones at school.

Goal:

Akito's goal is to try and become the best trainer he can be. He also wants to become the world's greatest martial artist and if possible a great fighting type Gym Leader.

Brief History:

Akito was born into an upper middle class family in Rustboro City.
His father worked in Devon Corporation as a senior member at the time of Akito's birth. His mother was a referee at the Rustboro Gym. Akito enjoyed a peaceful and brilliant childhood where he discovered his love for the martial arts and videogames.

As a child in school Akito was a good student but as his teachers said – "He displays a tendency to start a fight with anyone even if slightly provoked."Due to going several classes in the arts this often resulted with him emerging the victor in these school fights. Distressed and not knowing what to do his father sent him off to the Gym Leader Chuck who was a good friend to him.

For 5 years from when he was 12 to when he was 17 Akito trained with Chuck and Hercules – a Heracross which he had received trained along with him. He was trained in martial arts and when Chuck had time they trained in battling. Akito returned to Rustboro a strong young man.

His father shifted to Lavaridge Town after becoming the manager of Devon's store over there. They moved into the upper class and lived a life of comfort and luxury. Later Akito decided that he would pursue his childhood goal of pokemon battling and with his father and mother's consent set out with Hercules.

Pokemon:

214.png

Hercules​

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
JHFIJEHSFUIHSEFUIHUI! I'm a sucker for your Journey RP's, Gimmie. Please reserve me.

Full Name: Blaine Byron

Age (13-18): 18

Appearance: How they look. Complexion, ethnicity, body traits and all that jazz.

Personality: How they act and react. Their mental state, quirks, their... ahem, flaws. You know the drill.

Goal: To be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is his real test, while training them is his cause. He wants to travel across the land searching far and wide, each pokemon so he can understand the power that's inside. Every battle along the way with courage he will face. He will battle every day to claim his rightful place. Come with him, the time is right. There is no better team. On and on, he'll win the fight. It's always been his dream!

Brief History: In which all historical details of historyness are detailed in a very history kinda way.

Chosen Starter: Mag-by/mar?

Other: Anything that cannot qualify on any of the fields above. Void if non-applicable.

Years
@ Heretostay - Your spot is reserved (with Magby). Looking forward to your completed SU.

@ Kanea - I'll discuss it with Scyke but, quite frankly, at this point in time two GM's should be plenty.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Please reserve a spot for me. Haven't decided on starter pokémon yet. I need to re-find that RP/writing spark in me, maybe this will do the trick?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Could I reserve a spot with Chimchar as my starter? I'm really busy today but I will try and have my SU up as soon as possible.

Years
Both of you are reserved. Looking forward to RPing with you both and I hope that you get that spark back soon RHCP!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I hope so too :)

A question - can two people have the same starter species? As long as it's fine with both players?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Full Name: Nylea Dahl

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Nylea stands about 5'4 in height and weighs about 105 lbs. She has a slender and athletic build. One can also tell just from looking at Nylea that she is of Hispanic descent. She has dark tan skin and raven black hair. Her hair is wavy and long going to about the center of her back. Her most striking feature however are her bright emerald green eyes.

Clothing wise Nylea wears a pink ribbon on her head tying it like a headband with the end of the ribbon falling to her shoulders. She wears a white dress shirt with a collar and puffy short sleeves. Over that she wears a teal colored vest with thin gold stripes on it. She wears a purple skirt that has circles of gold fabric going all the way around the edge hanging off the skirt. She wears knee length leggings under the skirt and a pair of purple, gold, and white flats on her feet. To accesorize Nylea wears thick gold bangles on both her wrists. Nylea also wears a gold locket with a picture of a two year old girl in it and carries a teal colored satchel.

Personality: The best way to describe Nylea is kind and caring. She cares deeply for others and can sometimes be compared to a mother babying a child. Because that is exactly what she does. Nylea is very maternal naturally and will act that way towards anyone she trusts and cares for. She tends to fuss over her friends if she feels they are not eating enough or just fuss over them in general. Nylea cares deeply about Pokemon, and loves to care for them. This and her parents were what inspired her to follow her dream to become a breeder.

Nylea does have trust issues involving boys. She was hurt deeply by a boy she thought she loved and thus it takes her longer to trust guys then it takes her to trust those of her own gender. She has made her share of mistakes in her youth, having gone through a rebellious stage that ended when something changed her life completely. But she feels that those experiences just helped shape her and made her who she is today.

Goal: To be the best Pokemon Breeder

Brief History: Nylea was born and raised in Slateport City in the Hoenn region. A single child to two loving but strict parents she was restricted a lot. Her father had inherited a lot of money from his father making the family very wealthy. Nylea was taught at home by tutors not going to public school and was constantly told how to dress, how to talk, and what to eat. Even if she was just around her parents.

Once she hit her teenage years Nylea felt her parents should have seen her rebellion coming. She started to act out, talk back, no longer listen to her parents. She also started to sneak out of her house at night. Then when she was 16 years old she met Jared. A young boy her age who was visiting from Kanto. It was love at first sight on her part and she thought Jared felt the same. Nylea was happy, in love, she felt like nothing could go wrong. But then everything did. She found out several months into her relationship with Jared that she was pregnant. When she told him he blamed her and left, returning to Kanto telling her their entire relationship was a lie. Nine months later Nylea had her daughter Rosa. A cute little girl with her mothers dark hair and green eyes, while she inherited Jared's light skin.

Rosa's birth was a turning point in Nylea's life. During her pregnancy she had made amends with her parents and they had lightened up on her. They also doted on little Rosa. Nylea stopped acting out, she changed her whole perspective on life focusing on just being the best mother she could for her child. On her 18th birthday Nylea was gifted with a Vulpix. Her parents gift to her, as well as telling her they would care for Rosa while she went on a journey. It took a lot of persuasion on her parents part before she agreed. Nylea wasn't sure about leaving her two year old. But eventually she decided it was best to go. By becoming a Pokemon Breeder and learning through a journey she would be able to use her skills so she would no longer have to rely on her parents to support her and Rosa. After stalling for a few weeks not ready to leave her child Nylea finally got the courage to leave home. Kissing her daughter goodbye Nylea got a family friend to fly her to Lavaridge following her mothers advice to start her journey there.

Chosen Starter: Vulpix

Other: Just because here's what the picture in Nylea's locket looks like.
Rosa
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
@Red's - I don't see why not, although I think variety is a good thing.

@Genevieve - You are reserved. That picture doesn't work, and I'd like to ask that even if you guys do use images that you still do some writing about your character's appearance. I'm going to talk to Scyke about making this an official rule as it is a clause I normally include.

Also, fire-types. Fire-types everywhere. I guess it makes sense considering the location but I did not see this coming xD

Edit: On another note, I want to link to the completed SU's in the OP. But for some reason I can't make the hyperlinks colour go back to black after I have done so, and on this background the hyperlinked text is next-to-invisible. Suggestions from those of you who are knowledgeable with CSS?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Still a WIP.

Finished. Just need to draw out Lyssa's picture for visuals.

Done the sketch.

Full Name: Lyssa Ganston

Appearance:

Click the Spoiler for a quick sketch done by moi.
Spoiler:

Image 2 (digital sketch):
Spoiler:

Standing at around 5'6", Lyssa is average height for someone of her gender. With a relatively slim build, she isn't twiggy, nor bulky. She has soft and straight black hair, that goes down slightly below shoulder length. She usually doesn't put any sort of bands or clips in her hair, but don't be surprised if she ties her hair into a bun or ponytail or the sorts. Going onto the face, her skin is not oily or acne filled, but rather light, clean and fair. Her eyes are dark brown in color, and many would probably consider her good-looking, especially by boys. Body wise, her bust size is more on the smaller size, however she still has a womanly figure. Her fingernails are covered in a light pink nail polish.

For clothes, Lyssa tends to wear a simple, light green sweater. It's isn't thick, so it's breathable for those warmer days. For pants, she wears dark blue skinny jeans, with red converse-like shoes with white laces. A light brown purse-like bag straps around her body, where she keeps things such items, Pokeballs, feminine products, etc.

Personality: Usually a nice person, Lyssa is not someone who is naturally a negative person. Although when she does get mad, she tends to stay like that for a while. However, this usually only happens when something really ticks her off. Back to the positive side, she is kind, and is usually willing to help out if she can. She has a thing for little kids, which brings out the more 'older-sister/mother' in her. For Pokemon, she loves smaller, cute Pokemon who are small enough to hold and cuddle with, as opposed to the bigger ones. She can also act girly at times, as she loves shopping for clothes and other things girls her age would find interest in. She never really had a chance with romance, as her brother would chase other boys away. She didn't really mind, but it did get annoying as she had to be very careful as to who her male friends were.

In battle, Lyssa has a tendency to be a bit aggressive. She picks this up from her older brother who is in fact, an aggressive person in general. She has a more offensive method than most people, preferring more offense than defense, and make up with a little more speed. She was never the type to get into contests, mainly because her family was so focused on battling that contests were never even mentioned.

Goal: Simply to be a good trainer, and one of the best in her family.

Brief History: Growing up in Verness Village, a small town located near Lavaridge, Lyssa has had mainly a quiet and peaceful life. Her town was small, and she would constantly play with her neighbours and the family Pokemon. Her slightly older brother who surpassed her age by only under a year, was constantly getting into trouble. He got into fights, and bullied others, which only escalated as they got older. This however, caused Lyssa to become more independent. She learnt not to rely on her brother for anything, and she soon became the caring, smart young woman she is today. Even knowledge about Pokemon she picked up while volunteering at the local daycare, while her brother was out and about doing his own business. When her parents would be out for work, she learned how to cook meals for herself, and has sort of developed a hobby of sorts with experimenting different cooking styles and recipes.

Although living in a small town, Lyssa's family is rather extensive. Having numerous relatives all over Hoenn, as well as other regions, times can get hectic, especially during visiting season. Nearly her whole family is involved with battling somehow, so it was natural that she was also brought up with battling when heading out for her journey. Her brother has already set out, and now that Lyssa's is about to start, she is determined to show her stuff.

Chosen Starter: Chimchar

Other: Her and her brother don't really get along. Not really a sibling rivalry, but they find no need to interact and talk with each other unless just saying 'hello' or something.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here's my completed SU.

Full Name: Blaine Byron Berk

Nicknames: (Most likely half of these will never be used. It's just suggestions)
"B"
"Triple B"
"B Dog"
"Berk"
"Byron"
"Blaine" (That one took forever to come up with :p)
"Mr. B" (Get it? Like Mr T!)

Age (13-18): 18

Appearance: Blaine is a roguishly handsome man with a perfectly tan skin. He stands at about 6'2, but with little muscle weighing in at 160 pounds. His hair is jet black, and is actually very similar to Yusei's hair. (Yugioh 5D's. Don't even start with the card games on motorcycles. At least it's not GX) It is actually quite spikey. It is about chin length. His eyes are a deep black: Very good for when one needs to be serious. His nose is hooked, but not enough to be noticeable. His chin is covered with light scrubble, remnants of a beard that he needs to shave weekly. This scrubble is noticeable, but it is little more than a few remaining hairs on his chin. There isn't much different about him, other than the random x-shaped scar on his back, but he doesn't like to talk about that.

Blaine's normal apparel consists of black, loose-fitting jeans, a black tank top with a white button-up shirt (that he keeps unbuttoned) over it, black Vans-esque shoes, and a white bandanna that he normally has tied across his neck, lightly of course. He has a charcoal grey backpack that he almost always has slung across his back, filled with food, specifically apples, items, and his handy dandy PokeNav.

Personality: Blaine has the personality of your typical hero: He has a happy, go-lucky attitude, and is a bit reckless in terms of well...everything! He absolutely loves adventure, making friends, and, most of all, he loves battling. He has wanted to be the champion of the Pokemon League ever since his second birthday, after his father took him to watch the Champion battle someone. He is really friendly, sarcastically funny, and rather flirty with the girls, but contrary to popular belief he CAN be serious. He never worries about anything, seeing as he's never had to, and is relatively carefree. Blaine loves nothing more than to lay in the soft, green grass near Verdanturf and take a long, peaceful nap. Peace has always been a big thing to him, and no, not the love-everyone-and-never-battle peace, but the kind of peace where everything is normal, and he would do absolutely anything to restore broken peace, despite his fiery personality.

Blaine can get cocky when things start to go really well for him, but he isn't a stranger to humility. In his opinion he's the greatest trainer to come out of Verdanturf, with the exception of the champion Wally, but that's not saying much. It's his dream to put his hometown on the map, seeing as it's quite backwater.

If there is anything that he dislikes, it would be jerks. Blaine would be friends with a bully as soon as he would hug a Cacnea. He hates it when others pick on people with the intention of hurting their feelings. He had a small experience with bullying in his past, and he wouldn't wish it upon anyone: It was terrible. He values friendship and comradery so much for this particular reason. He'll latch on to a friend and will never let any harm come upon them on his watch.

Quotes (My own category. Will be added to later):
When he gets somewhere: "Hey guys! The party has arrived!" And when he's late: "Sorry I'm tardy to the party."
When he's eating: "OMNOMNOMNOM"
When he's about to battle: "Let's do this thing!"
When he wins a battle: "Well, I guess you could say you lost to a master."
When he loses: "HaHA! Good game, my man/woman. I'll get you next time!"
When he's serious: "If you wanna get my friends...You'll have to go through ME!"

Goal: To be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is his real test, while training them is his cause. He wants to travel across the land searching far and wide, each pokemon so he can understand the power that's inside. Every battle along the way with courage he will face. He will battle every day to claim his rightful place. Come with him, the time is right. There is no better team. On and on, he'll win the fight. It's always been his dream!

And also to make Verdanturf a popular town. But that's not a priority.

Brief History: There really isn't that much to say about Blaine's past. He was born and raised in Verdanturf Town, one of the most backwater towns in all of Hoenn. He grew up with a small group of kids, all of which were good friends, and got very little interaction with the outside world. However, he was obsessed with battling, much to the disdain of his friends, whose minds were filled with "Battling is bad" nonsense that their parents had funneled through their ears. After a few years they began to make fun of him for his love of the sport, and even went as far as starting fights with him. At the age of fifteen, he had had enough of his used-to-be friends, and begged his parents to let him go on a Pokemon Journey. His father, who was very much like his son, relished in the opportunity to leave the quaint town and took his son to Lavaridge to get his first pokemon. Blaine had a "Fiery" personality, so he thought it would be fitting for him to have a fire type starter. Blaine ended up with a Magby, which he was completely okay with. His father and he took a purposely long trip, that lasted three years, to go to Littleroot. They took the trip starting in Fortree City and went down all the way to Slateport, and payed a group of spelunkers to take them to Petalburg. Slowly. They agreed, and shipped the pair. And...well, it just gets tedious from here. You get the point.

Soooo...They were supposed to go to Lavaridge Town in the first place. This was discovered, much to the anger of father and son as soon as they arrived in Littleroot, and they both made their way to Lavaridge as quickly as possible. Then they got there. The end.

Chosen Starter: Apollo the Magby: Apollo is a bit afraid of the world, which can be conquered with enough experience, and is more of a lover than a fighter, but when it comes down to it he won't let you down. He always tries to cheer people up with a comical jive of some sort. He is extremely loyal and will protect his friends to the end.

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Hello hello hello, ladies and gentlemen! I will be co-gming this with gimmiepie here so don't be surprised when you see me randomly pop up judging your SU if gimmie's not on haha. Unlike gimmie however I will not be partaking in Hoenn Diarie's as much as I want to because I've already got too much on my plate right now >< however still looking forward to seeing all your finished SUs and of course all your lovely posts when the IC thread is up!

Btw can we have some variety on the starters? Seems like everyone has chosen a fire-type for some odd reason haha.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I'm new here, but I've RP'd before and would love to reserve a spot if at all possible? SU will be up soon!

Edit: Here's my SU
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back