• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Wii U game teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
If this a Pokémon fighting game, I demand this be played at EVO.

If this is a game similar to Pokémon Stadium, I demand minigames, sweeties!

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
If it's another Stadium/PBR - It has to be like Stadium and not like PBR. The battle mode in Colosseum was better than the whole of PBR (minus online). I want to be able to choose from a LARGE range of battle rule options (including random teams) locally and online, even customise my own, and I want a mode where I'm able to battle any team of pokemon I want, the entire national pokedex, with selectable movepools. I want unlockables, and I want to be able to connect my X/Y team into the game for some sort of story/gym challenge mode with hack filters. I don't want battle passes, or if they make a comeback they have to be better. I want to design my trainer in more than about 2 ways. I'm talking Sims style, not just picking from pre-designed characters and making minor clothes changes or whatever. I want decent graphics. It's 2013, all of this is possible and will sell immensely.

If it's a fighting game - Great. I've certainly always wanted to see this, ever since I played Digmon Rumble on the PS2 and realised the potential for a console Pokemon fighter. Although I'm sure the majority of Pokemon fans would rather have some sort of battle or RPG game as a priority and this later. It would have to have at least a Super Smash Bros. sized roster realistically, and hopefully incorporate more than just fighting types, although I'm sure any fan would want every Pokemon playable, but that wouldn't happen. DLC would be interesting for this.

If it's an RPG - Perfect. I think everyone wants this deep down. It's been too long since Colloseum and XD, and if we got this in 2013, it's bound to incorporate some sort of battle mode(s) with decent depth, plus online features as well. I think they should incorporate modern graphics with the layout of Colloseum/XD and the idea of Generations and you'd have a masterpiece. Maybe less snagging and more catching what you want though.

Whatever they do, I just hope they make sure it's good quality. No more of these fun but underwhelming Pokepark and Pokemon Rumble games. They're just scraping the surface of what could be done in current gen. Literally any console game I pick up these days, I always think imagine if this was applied to a Pokemon game how good it could be. The image they showed does look good quality and SHOULD be in game footage of some sort. Take a leaf out of the creators of Pokemon Generations book. That's what everyone has wanted since day 1, imagine a full blown professional, experienced team working on Generations, it would be incredible for the fans and it would make them money. Port it to Wii U. For me it's a logical step for the creators, I know he keeps coming out and saying 'Oh Pokemon is about trading and taking it everywhere with you'.. well yes we can still do that and have it playable when we get home on a console as well. I'd say Pokemon is played more at home by oneself or with siblings than anything anyway. Plus we can still trade online anyway. Plus Pokemon bank. To me, his argument is kind of invalid now and isn't making too much sense. Just transfer the 'basis of Pokemon' - trading and travelling - that he's talking about, to a virtual version of this, while still having the physical portability available primarily via the portable consoles. What's stopping them?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
It should be a new Stadium 3 IMO. But then I want much better minigames. MUCH MORE MINIGAMES.
If this is an RPG then wow, I've just found a good way to kill off the heat from X&Y. But I think it's a fighting type of a game, in which case I'd probably pass, because too hyped on playing Gates to Infinity.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i really hope its a stadium 3. but if it is i dont want every single pokemon on it. theres seriously 649 pokemon. it will be way too hard to pick and it would take forever to scroll through all of them. unless they have a search system where you put the name in and if you spell it wrong then they bring up pokemon that the game thought you meant. but they can put every legendary in it and certain non legendary pokemon. but i seriously cannot wait for it. i hope that it actually has a story with it.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Oh no no no, we can't have that (^that Pikachu gif sums up how I look perfectly). If it is a Stadium game, and they don't allow all Pokemon in, I'll bet my entire savings, all of it, that it wouldn't include any of the Pokemon I actually care about (not if picked at random/based on popularity. I got lucky with the first Pokemon Rumble on the Wii). That's why I'm typically all or nothing. Besides, who really loses in that scenario?

But if it's a fighter, then it only makes sense to limit the roster, and I'd play that regardless. Someone already mentioned Pokemon Type Wild, and that's exactly what I thought at first when I saw it. My only suggestion would be to throw in some basic stage Pokemon in the mix. Smash Bros. got Squirtle with Pokemon Trainer, and I needs to play as the cute small ones. ;_;

If it is a fighter, the roster and the mechanics are gonna be the most important thing to differenciate it from PTW. I'm already giving PTW the edge not necessarily for being a 2D hand drawn fighter (though it helps), but because it didn't take itself too seriously. Check out some of those animations! It sort of reminded me of Darkstalkers, which had great character animations and a solid system for its time (mainly Vampire Savior). I don't exactly have faith that Game Freak/whoever will be as easy going today as they were back during Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. Some of those battle animations and gestures were very humourous and brought much needed life into the little creatures.

Part of the fun in fighting games is the fighting personalities. Being able to kick all kinds of butt is awesome, but where would Street Fighter be without someone like Dan? :O

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I'm so hyped for this
52b0f867.gif

It better slay hard
ec20fb7f.gif

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I will be super happy if it's this kind of fighting game, but... now I need a WiiU :'(

I would like to see every fighting type pokemon.

I HOPE to see Mienshao, Pangoro, Gallade and why not Hawlucha?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Reviving dead threads is against our rules, unfortunately, guys.

A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered "old". Please do not revive old threads. If there's a topic you're interested in but the thread is too old to be posted in, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums, so check the rules to see if they're exempt. Sticky threads are also usually exempt.

Because of that, I'd have to lock this. Sorry!

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back