• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Obligatory "is my sig okay" post.

Yours is okay!

Mine complies with the rules, right?

Yes it does. :)

Also while I don't know the answers to most of the other questions, on the Youtube front, they haven't been allowed in the past for signatures so I'm assuming unless anything was specifically stated, they'd still be disallowed, though if an upper staff member knows otherwise they can correct.

And in regards to previews on signatures, Jake mentioned earlier that due to something already having the name for signature previews he can't make a special template for it, so technically as far as I know for now you'll have to just check when you make a post. :(

Actually @TheSmartOne, and also since the code only applies to height, then technically you can centre your signature wherever and it won't count (for now, who knows if width code will work in the future somehow).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Okay, just a second, so are we allowed to use CSS to modify text that goes past the 600px limit, seeing as it says text is permitted to go past that limit, but not CSS, so that isn't very clear. Take my signature for example.
Yes, using CSS to modify text that happens to go past the 600px limit is permitted. What the CSS limit is for is for background widths.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Is my signature fine? I'm pretty sure it is, but I figured I'd better check.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I do believe my signature is OK, but just to be sure...

Actually, the images next to each other like that make it too wide. It broke the old sig rules as well. o_O If you put them one on top of the other you'll be fine though I believe.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
I think mine is probably too high so I'm doing a check on here real quick
Edit: Lol yeah way too high XD, fixing now
Edit: oh come on that just sucks, it's still too high by only 3 pixels lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
can you tell me if mine still meets the rules???

No, it does not. If you look you can see the scrollbox.

I think mine is probably too high so I'm doing a check on here real quick
Edit: Lol yeah way too high XD, fixing now
Edit: oh come on that just sucks, it's still too high by only 3 pixels lol

This probably isn't how you want it to look, but for me it looks like this:

r7o8m.png

Will my current sig still be legitimate after these rules take effect?

Yeah, it's fine.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
Ugh, I'm just going to completely take down my sig and just post come basic information, it seems CSS is going to be completely unpredictable otherwise.
Edit: Is it good now?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, it's within the rules and not mushed together strangely, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Just to let you guys know, the scroll box is up, but it isn't yet implemented on all styles (the styles that have custom postbits). I can't go through all the styles to check, but the vBulletin Default style has the scrollbox.

One of the reasons we decided to have scrollboxes there was to make it easier to know if your signature falls within restrictions, and eliminate the need to use this thread to ask if it does or doesn't. Just remember that if you're considering replying asking if your signature is within these new limits. While it isn't against the rules, you now have a sure-fire way to know if it is or isn't within the rules because of the scrollbox if you're using the appropriate forum style.

There's still a few days before this is enforced, and by that time, they'll be sure to be updated on all the styles that don't have the scrollbox up yet. But until then, switching to the vBulletin Default style and just looking at your signature area for a scrollbox (or scrolling on the signature for one to appear, depending on your system settings and operating system), you can see if it's within the limits or not.

Years
I saw the notice for the new rules on signatures and I'm not sure if my former sig was okay. I decided to remove my NaNoWriMo 2011 word count calendar widget and that Dancing Trapinch I have had on there for years. I don't have a lot of pictures and I usually rely on text in my sig.

With the changes I just made, taking off that bigger widget, replacing it with a smaller one and finally ditching the Dancing Trapinch, am I in the safe zone or do I need to make further adjustments?

I know everybody has been asking you guys if their sig is within the new rules. I just don't want to get an infraction when the new rules are fully applied.

Years
If you're worried about it, just switch to vB Default for a bit and then preview it when you go to edit it. If it's outside the limits you'll see a vertical scrollbar.

Yours isn't generating a scrollbar for me on the vB Default, however, so you're within the rules.

Last edited:
Years
If you're worried about it, just switch to vB Default for a bit and then preview it when you go to edit it. If it's outside the limits you'll see a vertical scrollbar.

Yours isn't generating a scrollbar for me on the vB Default, however, so you're within the rules.
Good! I'm in the clear then! I guess this is finally goodbye to the Dancing Trapinch I have had in my sig.

Years
Is my signature fine? I think it is but still want to make sure. >:

EDIT: The width changes depending on what layout people use. Not sure what to do about that, honestly. It's an image and text aligned to the side.

EDIT2: Since the width fluctuates, I think it shouldn't be an issue since it's not a set amount of pixels but a fluctuating amount to fit people's layouts. Because of that, it won't really ever be too wide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back