• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No News Is Good News...Right?

Years
*So I really hope this hasn't been made. I searched and didn't see anything but I have a bad track record with that so I'm sorry if this is a repeat!

So as of yesterday it's been a month since X/Y were announced. And since then, there has been NO new news regarding the games whatsoever. (except the name release of the legendaries I think?) So, do you think the Pokemon Company would go all the way to October without releasing any more news on the games? Do you think this strategy would increase hype, or decrease it? Do you want more information on the games released - or would you prefer it not be spoiled?

blue

gucci
Years
I highly doubt it, by the time we reach October many people will forget all about this games if they were to pop up out of nowhere.

If they steadily feed us information month by month, it builds the publicity of these games resulting in a higher turnover for the games on the Release Day.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just want them to create enough publicity so that we can still be hyped until October, but not too much information that it feels like we'll know too much of the games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Right, some tid bits and 10 or so Pokémon being shown though out the spread of the next 8 months will be enough to continue the hype but not show too much that those of us who keep up with the pokénews to be spoiled silly.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I'm desperately checking Serebii daily at this point. There was a lot of news coming very quickly when B/W were announced, but there really has been nothing in a month and it's making me very curious as to what Gen VI has in store for us. Hopefully CoroCoro will be full of some nice, meaty info on the new games though. :s

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I like to think that having lack of info can be described such as building tension, and then fans would probably be wild or disappointed or very impressed or something when new info finally comes around.

Perhaps they're also withholding information in preparation for more announcements related to X&Y; or maybe something more pokemon general related. But who knows - there's not much to tell.

I think this month may be finally the month that we get more info, but cross your fingers just in case?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Well I mean, people are getting antsy. I watched a livestream of Pokemon Smash earlier today and people were pretty hyped about getting new information.

I'd like to get some info just to satiate us but it's up to GF to decide if they want to share.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm really antsy to have new information about the game, but giving out too much infos at the same time could ruin that pleasure of playing the game. Since we'll know a lot of what will happen and how the Pokemon would look like :C

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I've already experienced this with another developer, and it ended with them dropping a huge bombshell on the fans. Info droughts tend to concern me more then reassure me.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
By the way i look at it, It should be between 4th Gen and 5th Gen. The 5th Gen sprite leak really ruined it. I do not want anything like that. The hype build up in Gen 4 was good.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I was hoping Gen VI was going to be like Gen V news wise.

The CoroCoro leak for Gen V back in 2010 that showed off Juniper and Chillarmy and all is what I am hoping for in the next few days. A news slump isn't always bad but months of no news when a game is only 7 months away is pretty wild.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd really like to hear more information about Pokémon X and Y, since we only know about the stuff that was shown in the trailer and the starters along with the two legendaries.

But actually, what I've been thinking is that they might reveal a little bit more of information about Xerneas and Yveltal later on at the official Pokémon X and Y website at the same time as the Japanese one does, but I'm getting this feeling that CoroCoro won't reveal anything new about Pokémon X and Y, they'd probably reveal something new about the new Genesect movie and the Pikachu and Eevee Friends short film, but nothing new about X and Y as much as I'm hoping for.

But what I'm thinking is... they'll reveal some more information about the games in another Pokémon Direct presentation, so yeah... I'm thinking they won't just have the one from January 8th... but they'd also have another one in maybe a month or two, then probably reveal even more at E3 2013, even though we never have seen a trailer for a Pokémon game shown during the press conference, but only on the website itself. It would be interesting to actually see much more information about the games at E3 this year, for the first time ever to actually show a trailer at the E3 press conference. ^^

I'm pretty sure both The Pokémon Company and Nintendo want to bring so much excitement to everyone in the world... no matter what country they're from or how old they really are, and to do that... they would have to reveal the information slowly and once every few months. ;)

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I'm insanely excited about this new game, and I like what I see on the website.
However...
I don't know about you guys, but where I am, the lack of info has totally killed the hype. Everyone was freaking out for the first several weeks, but after all this time, we don't even mention it anymore.
I really think they need to put out more stuff on the new Pokemon and that sort of thing before people start to forget the new game is coming out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Corocoro's coming out in less than a week and will probably leak within a few days.

That aside, there's still nine months until the games actually come out. Since it's so early, there's no reason to that we're not getting much info quite yet. Just relax, guys.

Guy

just a guy
Years
*So I really hope this hasn't been made. I searched and didn't see anything but I have a bad track record with that so I'm sorry if this is a repeat!

So as of yesterday it's been a month since X/Y were announced. And since then, there has been NO new news regarding the games whatsoever. (except the name release of the legendaries I think?) So, do you think the Pokemon Company would go all the way to October without releasing any more news on the games? Do you think this strategy would increase hype, or decrease it? Do you want more information on the games released - or would you prefer it not be spoiled?
There's a reason why companies believe in promotion and public advertising. Sure you can announce something as big as X and Y to the community of Pokémon fans, but if you don't have any hype building up to it or give the fans something to chew on and get even more excited about, then people are going to stop caring as much, and it's just going to go down in the Land of the Forgotten. GameFreak nor Nintendo are going to want that to happen. Not when it means big money in their pockets later on.

Having been only just a little over a month since the titles were revealed and with another issue of CoroCoro coming up later this week, information will keep on coming. As time progresses, news on the games will continue to build up until the day of release and we'll learn more and more as each month goes by.

Like most people, I'm itching for new information to get here and I'm excited about what might come in this week's issue or CoroCoro. So I say "Bah humbug!" to staying spoiler-free for the next eight months. Fans like myself need news to speculate on and get pumped for these games. That's usually how it goes with these sort of things.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
I do think we need more news. But not much, they could reveal the route 1 normal type pokemon (like patrat or rattatta) and that would get the hype going for another month. Also, a huge twist (Like maybe saying Chespin, Froakie and Fennekin aren't the starter pokemon) would do the trick.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
From a practical business point of view it makes little to no sense to not promote their product. And from what I know about pokemon they like to promote their product line every chance they can get through tv ads, anime, events, hosting tcg events as well as vgc, and so on. So X & Y should be no different, its just a matter of time before they give more tidbits.

Back