• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Carbon

Zodiac.

Flannary Returns!
Years

picture.php

This is not a ROM hack​

Ok, to start off, my name is Zodiac. or FlannaryReturns on Deviant Art.
I came here looking for game development and loved it.

Now before you read any further; I know a fair amount of people here don't like the Pokémon script project kit, but I prefer it because it's a lot easier/simpler to use than essentials (less manually calling of scripts and more automatic calling of scripts).

Just a few days ago, Rayquaza., Firestorm. and I started to put together the foundations of this game, so I hope you like it.

The Legend of the Shunoh Region:

The region of Shunoh had always been a quiet and tranquil land, lush green meadows, deep blue seas, clear blue skies and Pokemon living in harmony with the people around them. The neighbouring region of Sinnoh began to grow jealous of their peace and tranquility however, as they had metropolised most of the region. They declared war on the people of Shunoh harnessing the abilities of two mythical Pokemon; Dialga and Palkia, using a glowing red chain - said to contain the 'original' powers. The people of Shirre had no hope of fighting back to this immense power.
When the end of the war drew near, and when defeat was almost certain, two new Pokemon appeared in the Shunoh region; one from the volcano; Mt. Tretcherous, and the other from the Ocean Trench. These Pokemon were so powerful that they blazed and drowned the Sinnoh region in an instant, the Shunoh region had almost destroyed the Sinnoh region, turning the tables of the situation over the course of the last 50 years… Defeated, the mythical Dialga and Palkia were locked inside two separate dimensions by the people of the Shunoh region in recognition of their victory and as punishment for the war that the people of the Sinnoh region had declared against them. After the battle was won, the two regions were united and peace was restored to both of them. The two Pokemon that had risen up to fight along side of the people of the Shirre region disappeared to their resting places and fell into a deep slumber.
2000 years past and the legend of Shirre had been recorded and excavated by the modern metropolis that had engulfed most of the region in the last 50 years. It then came to the attention of the people that half of the region was high up on dry land, many droughts occurred and many of their cities were raked with sandstorms and cyclones and the other half was at sea level, a humid climate with plenty of rain but a high risk of flooding. A new organisation arose on both sides of the region, one worshiping the land and the other worshiping the sea. The two organisations began to worship the Pokemon of the war to rise up against the other, so started a rivalry between the two teams of the region and later the impending approach of a civil war between the people of the land and the people of the sea.

The Story:

4 years had past since the events that occurred atop Mt. Coronet, professor Rowan has been asked by Professor Elder, a researcher based in the Shunoh region, to come over to help with the evolution of a strange and rather odd egg that had been discovered in a nearby daycare - just south of Rishend Town. This egg was odd as it contained a Pokémon that would undergo quite a remarkable and unbelievable transformation. After agreeing, professor Rowan decided to bring his two best assistants with him, you and your rival, once there you were entrusted with the egg, a starter Pokémon and asked to go on a journey in the name of Pokémon evolutionary research... And to have some fun...
Although two shadowy organisations lurking within the darkest corners of the region were almost fully operational - and about to make a move...

The Heroes:

picture.php

Thomas - a feisty and outgoing trainer, who sets his goals very highly and has loved Pokémon all his life and hates the idea of Pokémon abuse. He chooses the starter with a type advantage to you if you are a girl.

picture.php

Mikayla (Sprite not yet final) - She loves the idea of a challenge, she is very smart, strategic person and loves to read Pokémon poetry. She chooses the starter with a type advantage to you if you are a boy.

Videos:

Vs. Sequence/animated trainers and Graphics test:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:

More coming soon!

vs__palmer_by_flannaryreturns-d5ug5wl.gif

1st_set_of_screenshots_by_flannaryreturns-d5uga15.png

Team:

Zodiac. (Me): Founder, mapper, eventer, storywriter and plotter
Rayquaza.: Co-founder, mapper, spriter, scripter, eventer

Special Thanks:

Rayquaza. - Scripting, Graphics, plot editing, mapper, eventer
Firestorm. - Gathering tiles
Pablosky - Pokémon Script Project DS (PSP DS Kit)

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Interesting enough. I see that you still have some translating to do. Also, the BS font looks weird. But the story looks interesting.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Interesting enough. I see that you still have some translating to do. Also, the BS font looks weird. But the story looks interesting.

Well like he said, me and Zodiac. only launched this project a couple of days ago so it's not highly likely that all the translating has been done yet, it's mainly me that translates the text at the moment and some of the text, being French, is realty awkward to translate and comes out not making sense some of the time. I have no idea about the battle boxes though.

I'd also like to add that just because I co-founded this game doesn't mean I've given up on Pokémon Skyblaze.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
This game really looks promising. The story is very very good. I hope everything turns out good for this game.
I talk French/English very good, so if you need help with the translating i'm your man!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Well like he said, me and Zodiac. only launched this project a couple of days ago so it's not highly likely that all the translating has been done yet, it's mainly me that translates the text at the moment and some of the text, being French, is realty awkward to translate and comes out not making sense some of the time. I have no idea about the battle boxes though.

I'd also like to add that just because I co-founded this game doesn't mean I've given up on Pokémon Skyblaze.
Sorry bout that, I guess I have to pay attention to the text more and read.. He He. But this in a few days is absolutely amazing. Shows how good you guys are. I give you my full support.

Zodiac.

Flannary Returns!
Years
To be honest I owe it all to Rayquaza., if I knew any better I'd say he's a genius.
I think now that he's pulled off sprite animation he said he would return to Pokémon Skyblaze development for a bit, but we've made a decent amount of progress since the game was launched about 6 days ago.

Azikai

Pokemon Hack Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Well, with spriting, I am your man.

I mean, if I may?

All I need are details.

Do you use the dual screen pokemon script project? or the regular one?

Last edited:

Azikai

Pokemon Hack Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
OK, just tell me what I need to do ^^

Do you use the Dual Screen Pokemon Script Project; or the regular one?

Rayquaza.

Years
This is the dual screen version. I recommended that Zodiac. used the latest version for the minimum amount of bugs.

Rayquaza.

Years
Not yet, while I'm at school I can't do much, I'm off school next week so that's when I'll start some sketches.

Azikai

Pokemon Hack Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Well just message me them

Could I make some fake pokemon myself?

Could I make some fake pokemon myself?

Last edited:

Azikai

Pokemon Hack Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
Well, Is this good for a first inpression?
I think I put too much thought into it about detail.

01_zpsb56088e3.png

Dark - Fire Type

Doesn't evolve

I don't provide description beyond that xD
I don't have any good names for it atm, you can name it yourself if you want.

The fiery wings are supposed to come from two holes in the side of it, it is baseball sized.

Zodiac.

Flannary Returns!
Years
Well, Is this good for a first inpression?
I think I put too much thought into it about detail.

01_zpsb56088e3.png

Dark - Fire Type

Doesn't evolve

I don't provide description beyond that xD
I don't have any good names for it atm, you can name it yourself if you want.

The fiery wings are supposed to come from two holes in the side of it, it is baseball sized.

Looks promising, keep up the good work. Could you do some sort of dragon evolution chain?

Back