• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I've been wondering that as well, actually. Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, and Serious seem pointless to me. Some charts show them on one of the five spots that each adjust one stat in the opposite direction.

Cyclone

Thus being pointless. Its annoying when breeding. When I was breeding a frillish my first 8 of 10 of them were indifferent statuses.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Larvesta that ive been training since lvl one or Volcarona lvl 70

Here are current stats

Larvesta lvl 52

Hp 134

Nature Impish
Attack 123

Defense 75
Sp. Attack 72
Sp. Defense 68
Speed 78

OR

Volcarona lvl 70
Hp 200

Nature Mild
Attack 100
Defense 100
Sp. Attack 218
Sp. Defense 162
Speed 165

Should i keep training Larva or start training Volcar?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm guessing that GameFreak added in the neutral natures because they still wanted Pokemon whose stats weren't affected by natures in any way.

Edit @above: Start training with the Volcarona you caught. The Larvesta you showed is a waste at this point because the Impish nature wastes away the potential Volcarona's good Special Attack.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Larvesta that ive been training since lvl one or Volcarona lvl 70

Here are current stats

Larvesta lvl 52

Hp 134

Nature Impish
Attack 123

Defense 75
Sp. Attack 72
Sp. Defense 68
Speed 78

OR

Volcarona lvl 70
Hp 200

Nature Mild
Attack 100
Defense 100
Sp. Attack 218
Sp. Defense 162
Speed 165

Should i keep training Larva or start training Volcar?
Ok then should I even keep the larva for breeding?

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
i would say you breed a larva to desired nature. Yes itll take a long @$$ time but you should get max stat bonuses by doing so.

Final question on this topic what is better nature with sp attack mild or modest (didn't name other 2 cuz I'm not keen on losing speed or sp defense)

Years
Final question on this topic what is better nature with sp attack mild or modest (didn't name other 2 cuz I'm not keen on losing speed or sp defense)

I personally say Modest is better since it lowers Attack which a special attacker like Volcarona won't need.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years

You should probably choose Modest because Volcaroa's Defence is low and you wont need any physical attacking move on Volcarona.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Thx for the help guys here is another
Tornadus or Xatu
On the one hand Tornadus stats are better and has less weaknesses.
On the other hand Xatu is Psychic so its more effective against more types and i dont have a psychic on my team, down side it gains 3 more weaknesses....
*edit Or Sigilyph whos stats are slightly better then Xatu

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thx for the help guys here is another
Tornadus or Xatu
On the one hand Tornadus stats are better and has less weaknesses.
On the other hand Xatu is Psychic so its more effective against more types and i dont have a psychic on my team, down side it gains 3 more weaknesses....

Actually this place is for in-game help, but for team things then you need to ask within in-game team questions :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Mistralton City Gym

Hey

I can not get inside the Mistralton City Gym.
I've already been to the tower and ring the bell.
When I went back to the gym, there was nobody, but I can not enter.
The blue ports are closed.
What should I do?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hey

I can not get inside the Mistralton City Gym.
I've already been to the tower and ring the bell.
When I went back to the gym, there was nobody, but I can not enter.
The blue ports are closed.
What should I do?
That's weird. It shouldn't be like that. I suggest trying again. Maybe that'll work, I hope xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Don't know what to say, maybe you should go somewhere else before the gym battle. Btw i would like to ask for help too. I beat the league twice, i got all the legendaries and i've almost completed the dex. What should i do? How can i get tornadus and victini? Obviously they're not in the dex so i can't ask for them in gts

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Btw i would like to ask for help too. I beat the league twice, i got all the legendaries and i've almost completed the dex. What should i do? How can i get tornadus and victini? Obviously they're not in the dex so i can't ask for them in gts

If you have Thundurus then you can't get Tornadus unfortunately (nor Landorus). BUT if you haven't got any of the genies, after the 8th gym battle when you've walked onto route 10 head to route 7 and then they'll be ready for capture. Victini's only obtainable by event, but if the GTS doesn't work for any of those, you can ask in the Quick Trade Thread. n____n

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you bike/walk/run near the daycare, the man standing out in front should call out to you (when you pass in front of him) when your pokemon have made an egg. Or you can just talk to him.
Precisely. If I want to breed a Pokémon, I get out the Bike and pedal back and forth a few times. It works splendidly; bred three starters in four trips today.

Cyclone

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
If you bike/walk/run near the daycare, the man standing out in front should call out to you (when you pass in front of him) when your pokemon have made an egg. Or you can just talk to him.

Note that he won't call out to you if your party is full even if he's found an egg, so you should have a free spot in your party and just bike back and forth in front of him like others suggested, otherwise you'll have to go talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back