• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ss team help

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
So I decided to dust off ss and attempt to make a great team one more time yay! :/

So here's what I have so far and any suggestions are welcomed

Garchomp @ choice band,Jolly x/31/x/x/x/31
Outrage
Earthquake
brick break/stone edge(too in accurate for me)
coverage move

Latios@ choice specs, Timid
dragon pulse
draco meteor
thunderbolt
surf(might replace with ice beam but surf hits rhyperior harder)
sadly its hidden power is ice :(

Metagross@life orb, adamant
Meteor mash
thunderpunch/ice punch
agility
earthquake

scizor@???,adamant
superpower
bulletpunch
swords dance
pursuit/u-turn

There you have it I know 2 steels and 2 dragons are bad but I will not get rid of latios and garchomp they're just too good I'm open to suggestions about the scizor and metagross I dont mind taking 1 or both of them out but most of my teams have a dragon,steel and water type any suggestions for the last 2 spots I was thinking infernape and milotic to resist fire and ice? but milotic is a pain to evolve on top of getting 31 ivs in 2 stats so I think Ill drop that idea also infernape cant take 2 many hits but there arent many other good fire types are there? I have never used vaporeon in my life is it really as good as everyone hypes it up to be or do I have to just find out myself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Starmie is a great special sweeper and has an epic move-pool.
Vaporeon has good stats.
Gyarados has good ATK stat, reasonable typing and a great move-pool.
Golduck is an alright pokemon with a good move-pool.
Goreybass and Huntail are also fairly good in the stat department although for memory Goreybass has a better move-pool.

Charizard and Infernape are both awesome for a fire type but Charizard is slightly better for its immunity to ground (Earthquake usually 1HKO or 2HKOs most fire types).
Arcanine is good stat wise and has a decent move pool.
Magmorter's got huge stats.

Fighting types may be a benefit to cover your weaknesses. Normally I'd suggest Lucario but you already have two steel types. So maybe go with Machamp or even a Hitmon for their move sets. Poliwrath is also a good option and could fit your water type slot also.

A rock type such as Rhyperior, Golem or Aerodactyl could be of use to you (although they are all also weak to ice) Armaldo, Rampados and Kabutops are all fairly good choices.

Spiritomb could be a good help since it has no weaknesses and fairly good stats for memory.

I figure that should be plenty to help you out for now.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Starmie is quite epic but I find its sp.atk is a bit too mediocre and latios learns most of its moves so it would be a bit redundant I kinda need a bit of bulk so I think i'll try out vaporeon or poliwrath what are your opinions on swampert,Lapras or Cloyster

as for the fire charizard's resistance are usefull but stealth rock cripples it as well as any rock,electric,water and ice is normal on it on top of being quite slow I might give arcanine a try but it doesnt have the coverage infernape grants but extremespeed is nice I think it gets reversal 2 but I'm not certain

just 2 questions for you
would you replace scizor or metagross with lucario?
and do you see any problems with the movesets?

Years
I would personally replace Scizor especially one without Technician.
Your movesets look fine to me.

Swampert is really only weak to grass which is good and it has good stats and a reasonable movepool. Lapras is one of the hardest pokemon to kill in existence but its offensive stats aren't as good as others.
Cloyster has incredible defensive stats as far as I remember but is fairly useless offensively.

Back