• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hacked pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I've been seeing people posting things about not wanting hacked pokemon but i do not know what they mean. what is a hacked pokemon? and is it dangerous to have one?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
It's a pokemon that you get by interfering with the games codes.

ok, but does it harm the game itself? i think using an AR to get event pokemon that you missed is completely justified(mostly due to the fact that someone either got the game after the event or wasn't able to complete the objectives to get it like get the national pokedex.)

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I'm not sure if using cheats or something in the gameboy itself is harmful to the game or not.
But I can tell that when you're playing it on an emulator you're already doing something "illegal", so it just doesn't matter. I honestly don't think that cooperate with a capitalist system and pay to have a specific event pokemon or something is reasonable.

Sometimes tough it seems that hack a pokemon interferes with it's EV/IV count, but I really don't care just it's just in game.

So I totally agree with using AR codes to have a pokemon. There's not wrong with that as for what I know.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Some event Pokémon are obtainable in the games, provided you have specific items. Items themselves are given away at events in this case. If instead of hacking in Pokémon you hack in the items, then your Pokémon will be seen by the game as legit.

As for the dangers of having hacked Pokémon, I don't think it is dangerous to have one, but from what I've heard, trading blatantly hacked Pokémon (level 9 Reshirams :) ) on the GTS can get you banned.

I'm pretty sure it is a bit illegal
I see people use this word, but is there an actual law that forbids using AR to get event Pokémon? Sometimes I feel like I missed something.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
ok. now about items. i know that people would use AR to obtain items that are too rare to obtain more than one of like master balls and rare candy. I learned from my friend that pokemon that maxed out by using nothing but rare candies are weaker than pokemon that maxed out with minimal or no rare candy, but master balls are a whole other story because you can't pin it as a hack due to the lottery system.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
You have to be careful with the term illegal or be more specific such as illegal for game play and such. Because someone might think it could be criminal. Unless it is in their respective countries

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
mechro147: to clarify, the items I was talking about are Old Sea Map (opens access to Mew's island in Gen 3) , Aurora Ticket (the same for Deoxys) and such.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
i've been looking at the GTS records and a lot of hacked pokemon is being traded everyday without penalty. and considering on how a lot of people wanting such pokemon seems like they want hacked pokemon.

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
Years
Actually, there are two different types of edited pokemon:
Legal and Illegal.
Legal is when the pokemon is edited, but most of the time it is done to obtain perfect IV's, shininess faster, or even boost it a few levels or so.
Illegal is when the pokemon has moves/abilities it is not supposed to have (i.e. a Charmander with Water Gun, a Bidoof with Judgement, a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard, etc.) Most of the time, you can tell that the pokemon is blatantly badly edited on the GTS.

DahDexy

Way Too Freakin' Random
Years
Well basically everything Isasapiens said, and an illegal Pokemon is obtained through Action Replay, because AR simply generates the Pokemon with your ID thingy. It may have legitimate moves and ID, but its IVs and EVs are all screwed up. Classing it under illegal/banned Pokemon. They may also be obtained through a program called PokeGen (Pokemon Generator). PokeGen is a computer program that generates Pokemon data on the computer, you may choose what move the Pokemon knows, what Trainer ID it belongs to, what's it's trainer's name, IVs, EVs, items, level, all that stuff! If you make it completely absurd, like a Magikarp with Roar of Time, maxed out IVs and EVs, holding masterball, level 100; then that's way over illegal/banned Pokemon. Although PokeGen is also a method on gaining legitimate, legal Pokemon. Make all the IVs and EVs proportional to what is really is, moveset of what it can actually learn at that level, your Trainer ID and name, that stuff, then the Pokemon may be classified as a legitimate and legal Pokemon. Legal Pokemon may participate is championships, illegal may not.

Derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back