• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Joey

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Hey guys, long time since i made an RMT, but i recently got back into gen V PO, so i thought id share what i came up with :) (And hopefully get some input).

No long intro, here it is, Its based around Scizor sweeping.

tumblr_lj1tzmMIMa1qa260vo1_400.gif

That guy ^

Team Building Process:

So Scizor has some pretty surefire counters, which i wanted to take care of. One being Gyarados, who Rotom W takes care of with ease.
rotom.png

Politoed came next to provide rain support

186E.gif

To stop myself becoming too voltlos/zapdos weak, i put in virizion, who works amazingly as a tank. Kinda like suicune with two useful stabs.

640.png

After seeing the power of Thundurus Thundering everything in the rain, I had to try it. Also gives T-wave support for Scizor.

642.png

I wanted Gliscor in here as a safety net (Really didnt know what to put in), cause he covers so much. And laughs at Mole, SD or no SD :)

472.png

Oh yea and Scizor

scizor-m.png

Movesets:

scizor-m.png

Scizor @ Lum berry
236 HP 20 ATT 252 SpD
Adamant
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

I like to keep him healthy unless i have no choice, and bring him in late game when counters (Zapdos, Gyara, Gliscor etc) are gone. Theres no stopping him once he gets up a couple of SD's. And worse case scenario; its still a stand up revenge killer with bullet punch.

rotom.png

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
252 spA 164 HP 92 spe
Modest
Levitate
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- HP fire

Mainly for Gyara, but good all round tank. Saved me so many times.

186E.gif

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
252 spe 252 spA 4 HP
Timid
Drizzle
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice beam
- Focus Blast

Finally a set i didn't copy ^^ I like scarf the best of all toed sets, because honestly, its pretty useless with leftovers and is just there to set up rain and maybe spam hydro pump.

640.png

Virizion @ Leftovers
252 spe 252 spA 4 hp
Timid
Justice Heart
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hp ice

My favourite poke in gen V, and a great tank. Good for Rotom W and Thundurus (kinda).

642.png

Thundurus @ Life orb
252 spe 252 spA 4 hp
Timid
Mischievous Heart
- Thunder
- Thunder wave
- Taunt
- Hp ice

Standard thundurus, makes Scizors life easier by thundering everything in sight. T wave benefits my slow team too

472.png

Gliscor @ Toxic orb
252 hp 252 def 4 spe
Impish
Poison Heal
- Protect
- Fling
- Acrobat
- Earthquake

Mainly for Breloom, but hes my safety wall for a tonne of threats.

Hope you read and enjoy and help me out.
If anyone can show me how to shove SR in my team i'd be very grateful

Nothing? I could really use some help...

Bump

///////////////////////////25

Last edited by a moderator:

Detox

Garchomp is no threat, considering Gliscor | Rotom | Scizor sorta wall it if he predicts right, which should be rather easy. Also he is using bulky Scizor so Even in rain Hydreigon Fire Blast is unable to OHKO it.

Only a few nitpicks I can see atm. Scizor wants

Scizor @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Bug Bite / SuperPower

This is the standard bulky spread.

If you want the Bulky offensive Rotom - W set, change the EV's to 128 HP | 252 Special Attack | 128 Speed @ Modest.

You want either HP grass or Electric > Surf on Politoed. Two STAB water moves is redundant, even more so when Hydro Pump does a load more damage
I know you are using surf for the accuracy situation, but without the choice of a hidden power things like Gyara and Jellicent can easily outpredict you and take advantage.

Thundurus wants Focus Blast over Thunder Wave or Taunt, However I would suggest runnig it over taunt as Thunder Wave could be useful for stopping Stat-Upping sweepers.

If you want SR, I suggest replacing Gliscor with Celebi actually. It can set up Stealth Rocks, and also beats Breloom.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Evs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
- Recover
- Grass Knot / Giga Drain
- Leech Seed / Thunderwave / Reflect / Perish Song
- Hidden Power [Fire/Ice] / Stealth Rock / Heal Bell

Hope it helps.

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I personally wouldn't base my team around Scizor, as it has too many weaknesses. Politoad isn't the best Sp. Sweeper, he is used more for stalling and spike and what not. Since swift swim and drizzle are banned on same team, it's knocked down a bunch. But since your not doing a drizzle team I guess that doesn't matter. Never seen Pain Split on a Sp. Sweeper, but I like the diversity. GL with your team.

Back