• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I would like to know a strategy to defeat that Hacorous in the 7th gym. Please help me I want to complete it before October.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I started out the game with an Oshawatt and I'm trying to figure out what Pokemon I should get next! My friend suggested Riolu as a good addition, what do you all think?

Yes, Riolu is a good addition to the team, but it's hard to find. Sewaddle, Lillipup and Mareep are good early-game additions as well.

I would like to know a strategy to defeat that Hacorous in the 7th gym. Please help me I want to complete it before October.
If you have a Water Pokemon on the team, teach that Pokemon Blizzard (you can buy the Blizzard TM at Lacunosa Town). For physically oriented Pokemon, you can teach it Ice Punch, if possible, for 10 Red Shards at Driftveil City.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
If you have any access to Ice-type moves or a non-Dragon who can learn Dragon moves, that will help you. I personally used a Lucario with Ice Punch, but any Ice-type move given to a Pokemon who is on the fast side or can handle a decent hit can help. Or you can teach a Pokemon who is not of the Dragon type a Dragon move to handle that weakness.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

Most of the available Electric types learn Thunder Wave. Once its paralyzed, that Haxorus is a sitting ducklett and will fall to two or three unresisted hits. Thats the strategy I use, anyway. This makes most npc battles a breeze, actually.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
If you have any access to Ice-type moves or a non-Dragon who can learn Dragon moves, that will help you. I personally used a Lucario with Ice Punch, but any Ice-type move given to a Pokemon who is on the fast side or can handle a decent hit can help. Or you can teach a Pokemon who is not of the Dragon type a Dragon move to handle that weakness.

Thanks!!!! I will use my scrafty and teach it ice punch.

Most of the available Electric types learn Thunder Wave. Once its paralyzed, that Haxorus is a sitting ducklett. Thats the strategy I use, anyway. This makes most npc battles a breeze, actually.

Thanks for the help!!! Reminds me of liepard T-wave swagger

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Okay, so this has been bothering me for a while so I came here to clear things up.

In previous games, the swarm location always changed at midnight. But in my Black 2, sometimes the swarm location changes several times a day without warning. Other days it doesn't change at all. I just want to know if this is normal or if something is wrong with my game. Does anyone have any idea?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Okay, so this has been bothering me for a while so I came here to clear things up.

In previous games, the swarm location always changed at midnight. But in my Black 2, sometimes the swarm location changes several times a day without warning. Other days it doesn't change at all. I just want to know if this is normal or if something is wrong with my game. Does anyone have any idea?

If you turn off your DS without saving since the last midnight, the swarm location can change when you start up again. Basically, you could soft-reset for swarms. If thats not what is happening, then I have no idea, sorry.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I think you are right. I saved my game yesterday around 11 pm. I just turned it on and it said Abundant Shrine was the swarm. I reset it without saving and then it said the swarm was at Route 9. So yeah, you pretty much explained it. Thanks!

If it still acts funky, I will come back here for more advice. Thanks again.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
My Black 2 team has recently arrived in Castelia City and learned about Burgh's disappearance. I'd like to search the sewers for clues, but I can't find an entrance in the right direction. I keep getting lost in and around the docks pictured in this screenshot. If anybody here could please show me to the sewer entrance, I'd be very grateful.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Just go down the steps on that screen and follow the path. The entrance to the sewers is down there on the left.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Down the stairs and around the pier. The entrance is a little hard to spot but it's there. Go down the small stairs below you and follow the small path around the edge of the pier until you reach the entrance.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My Black 2 team has recently arrived in Castelia City and learned about Burgh's disappearance. I'd like to search the sewers for clues, but I can't find an entrance in the right direction. I keep getting lost in and around the docks pictured in this screenshot. If anybody here could please show me to the sewer entrance, I'd be very grateful.
Go south (the path next to the worker) and then trough the narrow path... then... you will see entrance ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016

Can someone explain what a "swarm" is?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Can someone explain what a "swarm" is?

Swarms are Pokemon that are usually rare or even not available for that region that appears suddenly with swarms of that Pokemon on a certain location.

Examples:

DPt - Professor Rowan's assistant Dawn/Lucas's sister will tell you the swarms of the day,
including Snubull, Smoochum etc...

HgSs - Prof. Oak's channel broadcasts the swarms of the day, including Luvdisc, Swablu,
Chansey etc...

BW/BW2 - Bulletin Board from across the Unova region Gates annouces the swarms like
Volbeat, Minun, Hippowdon etc...

RSE - TV broadcasts the swarms like Lotad, Skitty etc...

Most games requires the player to complete the main story game to activate this feature.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Swarms are Pokemon that are usually rare or even not available for that region that appears suddenly with swarms of that Pokemon on a certain location.

Examples:

DPt - Professor Rowan's assistant Dawn/Lucas's sister will tell you the swarms of the day,
including Snubull, Smoochum etc...

HgSs - Prof. Oak's channel broadcasts the swarms of the day, including Luvdisc, Swablu,
Chansey etc...

BW/BW2 - Bulletin Board from across the Unova region Gates annouces the swarms like
Volbeat, Minun, Hippowdon etc...

RSE - TV broadcasts the swarms like Lotad, Skitty etc...

Most games requires the player to complete the main story game to activate this feature.

Oh, so that's a Swarm? The bulletin board constantly calls for "outbreak"s. Is that the same thing?

Years
Breeding Glitch/Trolling

So I do a lot of breeding, and thought it would be worth while to get myself a nursery in my Join Ave to help things along.

It has been extremely helpful, as I can basically go from being handed an egg to it hatching in about 3 minutes (even with 41 egg cycles). This also means I can reset for egg IVs/natures right? Because the IVs and natures are generated when you are handed the egg?

Nay nay. I saved right before getting the egg from the day-care, then flew to Join Ave and hatched it at the nursery. Checked the IVs and they weren't what I wanted, so I soft reset. Repeated the process and...

got the same exact nature and IVs. Not gender though...

So I decided to try again and hatch the egg normally. It ALSO had the same nature and stats.

So what's going on? I thought everything about an egg was determined when you receive it from the daycare, not when it was first generated in the day-care. Did this change for gen 5 or something? Or did I encounter a glitch somewhere along the way?

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Dowsing Machine hit--but where's the item?

While exploring Relic Castle, I got a "ping" from the Dowsing Machine; however, my screenshot didn't reveal any item where I was standing. What do I do to get this hidden object when the usual "press A" doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back