• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokecommunity.com -> pottercommunity.com

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
One of the things I find exceedingly difficult is to find a community that functions similarly to PC outside of the Pokémon fandom. At least, one that isn't from a PC member who bases most of their forum on the functions that PC have. That being said, if you could change the community to a different fandom or theme (like changing it to a political-based forum); keeping all of the members and functionalities that keep it running (not technically speaking, but the way things are done here), what would you change it to?

I think my answer is obvious from the title and my theme.

Additionally, do you find it difficult to be on other forums that don't function like PC?

sorry i hate posting pc-related threads like this, but this is something i've been wondering!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
pokecommunity.com -> animecommunity.com

It'd be awesome so that the forum isn't mainly based on Pokemon, but instead anime and video gaming. Popular anime like Naruto or Bleach can have its own category, while lesser anime can go in some other forum for other anime~

Um, sorta. It feels different, but I get used to it (like PHO).

Years
Nice Thread!

Anyhow, I'd probably like it to be changed to a Sports discussion forum, encompassing most major professional and collegiate sports [and probably "minor" sports getting a forum grouping all of them into one category]. I do like how PC extends beyond Pokemon and members that have long since gotten bored of Pokemon are still motivated to stay here. I don't really mind if a forum is heavily focused on the subject its dedicated to, since I wouldn't have joined in the first place if I did want to discuss the subject that the forum is based on, although unlike with PC, I may leave if I'm no longer interested in that subject. So, while I don't mind forums functioning differently than PC, I see PC functioning the way it does, as a plus.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
07th Expansion fans.

The only nice forum I've managed to find that's dedicated to them is Italian, and unfortunately I don't speak Italian. I tried AnimeSuki, but, yeah... not a fan of that site.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'd change it to either a Potter Community, or just a general Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre Community. It wouldn't really matter in the end though, because most of my posts are in the off-topic areas anyway.

Years
A community for artists and writers and other creative types. I know there are plenty of those, but I like the community aspects of this place that other places don't seem to have.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I'd change it to either a Potter Community, or just a general Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre Community. It wouldn't really matter in the end though, because most of my posts are in the off-topic areas anyway.

but that, shining raichu, old buddy old pal old friend of mine - well maybe you're not i don't recall ever talking to you but i'm sure if you did you would want to be considered an old buddy/pal/friend of mine because i'm awesome - but that's besides the point however i feel like we did once interact - perhaps you were telling me i was awesome, that rings a bell - ANYWAY, shining raichu, that bolded statement there that i quoted from your post is actually wrong!!! now i know you're wondering how i (someone who has never talked to you in your life although you probably praised him at one stage, it really does ring a bell) would know that your own opinion of what you would do in a hypothetical situation is wrong and let me tell you mister shining raichu sir, you certainly have the grounds to ask me such a question. after all, to make the statement i have made without having ground to back it up is, in frank and earnest word, absurd! that said, i wouldn't fret, any unsuspecting poster who reckons i have some sort of psychic power to read inside your brain and somehow know you were lying to yourself. why wouldn't i fret? because psychics don't exist, that's crazy! instead, i'm going to hang you up on a mere technicality if i can do so sir (and i can, watch me!)! you said you would like a community more heavily based on the harry potter franchise or even sci-fi/fantasy but it wouldn't really matter to you as you usually post in the off-topic sections more than the pokemon ones you would be replacing. this can be read in two ways, either you are (a) perfectly content with posting about harry potter and sci-fi/fantasy in the off-topic boards that you wouldn't want to take pokemon away from the other posters OR you are (b) saying that it wouldn't be right of you to replace the pokemon section with what you'd prefer because you don't have the rights to call those shots because you haven't posted in the pokemon sections enough and your posts are usually in the off-topic boards anyway. personally, i'm going to go with (b) and tell you why that's crazy! if you make a lot of 'off-topic posts' instead of pokemon posts, you are surely making posts about the harry potter franchise or sci-fi/fantasy or perhaps even both at the same time, which means you do have enough expertise to call the shots because you post about what you love, rather than just posting in random ovp polls and wishing there were harry potter or sci-fi/fantasy threads to post in.

just a minor thing i saw, you might want to rephrase it before anyone else gets confused!

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2011
I am on a bunch of forums different from PC, but I always seen to come back to PC. It is one of my favorites the only other forums I like are my forum and this one about my favorite video game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
pokecommunity.com -> animecommunity.com

It'd be awesome so that the forum isn't mainly based on Pokemon, but instead anime and video gaming. Popular anime like Naruto or Bleach can have its own category, while lesser anime can go in some other forum for other anime~

Um, sorta. It feels different, but I get used to it (like PHO).
I'd second this. But, then again, a large number of users are here for hacking and such. But, I'm still all for the idea of an anime community.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I imagine the AwardsDaily Forums have a similar outlook to PC, but about awards shows... However, I'm not a massive fan of the operators of the parent site so I avoid the forum. If PC was called AwardsShowCommunity.com, I'd be all over that!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
A general fantasy theme would be cool. While I do enjoy the fact that I still find a place for myself here even though I'm pretty well done with Pokemon, it'd sure be nice to have a little more distance from a specific fandom - especially regarding the art section. Actually, a creative theme for the whole forum itself would be nice. I'm rather intimidated by all the big-name CG communities, so combine that subject with the sunny warmth of PC and something wonderful should be what results :3

Ayselipera

just a giant miscellaneous discussion forum would be awesome.

Same.

I've tried finding other forums, but they all seemed kind of dead. I can only think of one other website that I was really apart of, but it wasn't exactly a forum and I think it's a bit embarrassing so I'll keep it to myself!

Back